You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.

18 comments in this topic

Members
19 posts
14,857 battles

It was announced in the High School Fleet movie the question is, when will WG introduce the HSF Azuma into the game?

HSF Azuma.png

Edited by HSF_Misaki_Akeno
  • Cool 2

Members
3,959 posts
43,496 battles

It is in game.

It was released as a premium around when the Azur Lane content came out. 

The version you see however is slightly different than the one WG made because WG actually made it before AL and HSF brought their content up. AL matched theirs to WG, but it looks like HSF made the 100mms on the side single barrel instead of twin mounts. 

It could be a drawing error however, and if WG did a collaboration,  then it would have a skin camo and probably a new series of commanders. 

So far ARP leads the group in releases and collaborations followed by AL, then HSF. Of the releases ARP has been the least controversial or least likely to make players roll their eyes seeing the ships or captains. 

Maybe because ARP and HSF use actual ships save for some sci-fi elements in ARP and some modern touches in HSF. They both adhere to an actual storyline and have characters in mangas/anime. AL never uses the ships in its own Gacha games at all save for one picture. AL had to tie in an anime to get caught up. But AL is basically well. You will have to find out for yourself.

Short answer, it is possible, just not that one based on that drawing. You can't have two Azumas with two different secondary loadouts. Unless, WG decides to add it to the premium as an option, but not to the HSF version, then it would make both ships different indeed.

The premium Azuma can switch to either one, but HSF has the lesser of the two. There would have to be some distinct tradeoff or maybe no tradeoff. This would not be wired for WG in this case because they could actually get away with it.

But only one fly in that ointment, will players buy a downgraded Azuma?

[PISD]
Members
1,816 posts
5,996 battles
22 minutes ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

You can't have two Azumas with two different secondary loadouts. Unless, WG decides to add it to the premium as an option, but not to the HSF version, then it would make both ships different indeed.

Well, it could.

they already use different ship for their HSF collab in the case of HSF Graff Spee, so doing an HSF Azuma with a differenr secondaries loadouts is possible, albeit WG tends to be lazy lately and do the strict minimum to grab money for those collab (looking at you AL Littorio).

[WOLFC]
Members
2,416 posts
10,773 battles
29 minutes ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

Of the releases ARP has been the least controversial or least likely to make players roll their eyes seeing the ships or captains

:Smile_amazed: Have you seen the ARP ships? They are the ones that draw the most whining from those who think anime doesn’t belong in their “historical” naval game.

29 minutes ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

AL matched theirs to WG, but it looks like HSF made the 100mms on the side single barrel instead of twin mounts. 

It could be a drawing error however, and if WG did a collaboration,  then it would have a skin camo and probably a new series of commanders.

I disagree. If we ever see another HSF collab (we’ve only really had one, considering the second was simply a rerun) that in any way involves Azuma, it would almost certainly be a separate “HSF Azuma.” If there is indeed any difference in the secondary armament, WG will just wave it away and release it as a clone the same way they did with ARP Maya. Just like the ARP ships, such a ship requires no additional balancing - it’s essentially just a skin they can sell at a huge markup.

Edited by Nevermore135

[PISD]
Members
1,816 posts
5,996 battles
5 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

If there is indeed any difference in the secondary armament, WG will just wave it away and release it as a clone the same way they did with ARP Maya. Just like the ARP ships, such a ship requires no additional balancing - it’s essentially just a skin they can sell at a huge markup.

Probably, albeit they did show a will to do more with HSF. The HSF Harekaze could have been a Kagero Clone, but they did gave the option of the 100mm and the American guns.

[KWF]
Members
5,584 posts
6,878 battles

Personally the HSF collaborations are my favourite, not because they brought large player profits (though they gave away a Yamato camouflage), but because they are honest.

No [edited] random containers for commanders like AL; you wanted a separate commander? You had the option to buy whichever you wanted.

Not just copypasta existing vessels, and even if copypasta, unique camouflages giving extra bonuses. HSF Graf Spee (and HSF Harekaze) for example gets a nice FXP gain bonus.

Unique premiums; giving a ship three different main battery options was a pretty interesting move, though to be honest the 100mm one is the obvious choice. Still, just breaking the mould is enough.

As for ships, there's another one that is in the works after being announced a while back, the tier VIII premium DD Arashi. Afaik it represents an evolution of Harekaze in the movie (?) where the ship gets german 150mms.

https://medium.com/@devblogwows/st-new-ships-5703a5b245c

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Arashi

16 minutes ago, Y_Nagato said:

Probably, albeit they did show a will to do more with HSF. The HSF Harekaze could have been a Kagero Clone, but they did gave the option of the 100mm and the American guns.

Harekaze's gun options fit to episodes of HSF believe it or not. The 127mm choice is called 1-4 since it appears on episodes 1 until 4, the 100mm 4-10, and the 127mm USN one 11-12.

• Thanks 2

[CUTE]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,048 posts
11,487 battles
2 hours ago, warheart1992 said:

Personally the HSF collaborations are my favourite, not because they brought large player profits (though they gave away a Yamato camouflage), but because they are honest.

No [edited] random containers for commanders like AL; you wanted a separate commander? You had the option to buy whichever you wanted.

Not just copypasta existing vessels, and even if copypasta, unique camouflages giving extra bonuses. HSF Graf Spee (and HSF Harekaze) for example gets a nice FXP gain bonus.

Unique premiums; giving a ship three different main battery options was a pretty interesting move, though to be honest the 100mm one is the obvious choice. Still, just breaking the mould is enough.

As for ships, there's another one that is in the works after being announced a while back, the tier VIII premium DD Arashi. Afaik it represents an evolution of Harekaze in the movie (?) where the ship gets german 150mms.

https://medium.com/@devblogwows/st-new-ships-5703a5b245c

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Arashi

Harekaze's gun options fit to episodes of HSF believe it or not. The 127mm choice is called 1-4 since it appears on episodes 1 until 4, the 100mm 4-10, and the 127mm USN one 11-12.

The 150mm would be the 2nd Harekaze Y469 she the first ship in the line

301530531_Screenshot(442).thumb.png.3c3c9da3d0b6e7bc9168129c61254a3e.png

89205355_Screenshot(447).thumb.png.5cf8b64725306854b967de899aaaf0bd.png

and the 4 Yamato class built in the HSF timeline

[SALVO]
Members
26,047 posts
28,764 battles
1 hour ago, Y_Nagato said:

This is one of my gripes about the anime clone ships, i.e. that (with the exception of the Harekaze) they're just clones of the non-anime ships.  Would it have been so hard to make the anime clones have some differences from their non-anime counterparts?  Admittedly, with so many Kongo and Myoko clones, it might have been challenging to come up with different versions of each without some extreme testing and balancing.  But it still would have been appreciated, I think.

For example, with the anime Kongos, maybe make one a strong secondary variant, and another have a mildly better rate of fire on its mains, and another be a little more accurate, etc.

Oh well.

[PISD]
Members
1,816 posts
5,996 battles
1 hour ago, Crucis said:

This is one of my gripes about the anime clone ships, i.e. that (with the exception of the Harekaze) they're just clones of the non-anime ships.  Would it have been so hard to make the anime clones have some differences from their non-anime counterparts?  Admittedly, with so many Kongo and Myoko clones, it might have been challenging to come up with different versions of each without some extreme testing and balancing.  But it still would have been appreciated, I think.

For example, with the anime Kongos, maybe make one a strong secondary variant, and another have a mildly better rate of fire on its mains, and another be a little more accurate, etc.

Oh well.

They did it with the Azur Lane: Yukikaze and Montpellier are similar but slightly different than their in game counter part. Then you got Littorio that is not Littorio bu Roma cosplaying. 

[SALVO]
Members
26,047 posts
28,764 battles
5 minutes ago, Y_Nagato said:

They did it with the Azur Lane: Yukikaze and Montpellier are similar but slightly different than their in game counter part. Then you got Littorio that is not Littorio but Roma cosplaying. 

Yeah, I know about the Littorio/Roma example.  That was WG being over-the-top lazy.  They couldn't even be bothered to adjust the Roma model for the Littorio.  That's world class laziness.

As for the Yukikaze, IIRC, it's just a Kagero with F3 torps.  Not exactly the most difficult tweaked clone, given that they basically just switched torps.  At least it's something.  Still, keeping the ship and guns the same and changing torps is about as easy a tweak as one can imagine.  I'm not sure that they could do that with the Myoko clones without creating some new torps, since there are no faster but shorter ranged torps to use around tier 7.  Also, even if they put F3's on the Myoko clones, they'd just be harder to use, since at least with the Yukikaze, you can still use it as a DD doing DD things and stealth torp with the F3's. 

It seems to me that any tweaking of the Myoko clones would need to be done around the guns' capabilities, rather than the torpedoes.

Another issue I see is that unless they're willing to risk the anime Myoko's being more powerful than its tech tree version, they have to carefully balance any little buffs with some little nerfs to retain overall balance.

[PISD]
Members
1,816 posts
5,996 battles
2 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I'm not sure that they could do that with the Myoko clones without creating some new torps, since there are no faster but shorter ranged torps to use around tier 7.  Also, even if they put F3's on the Myoko clones, they'd just be harder to use, since at least with the Yukikaze, you can still use it as a DD doing DD things and stealth torp with the F3's. 

Well they got the Yuudachi’s 16km torp that can be used.

[SALVO]
Members
26,047 posts
28,764 battles
2 minutes ago, Y_Nagato said:

Well they got the Yuudachi’s 16km torp that can be used.

Eek.  Those are absolutely horrible torpedoes.  :Smile_ohmy:

[VVV]
Members
2,789 posts
5,065 battles
6 hours ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

The version you see however is slightly different than the one WG made because WG actually made it before AL and HSF brought their content up. AL matched theirs to WG, but it looks like HSF made the 100mms on the side single barrel instead of twin mounts. 

If you open the full-sized image, it's still twin mounts. The barrels just merge together in the thumbnail.

[PISD]
Members
1,816 posts
5,996 battles
14 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Eek.  Those are absolutely horrible torpedoes.  :Smile_ohmy:

Well, yes and no. Look the 20km in the Yoshino: they sucks on DD but are usable on her. The same way, having almost 7km of stealth torp to do some area denial would be good.

Members
3,959 posts
43,496 battles
7 hours ago, Lord_Magus said:

If you open the full-sized image, it's still twin mounts. The barrels just merge together in the thumbnail.

Ah, okay. My eyes are not what they used to be. 

Members
19 posts
14,857 battles
4 hours ago, Avalon304 said:

Azuma is a thing in High School Fleet now? Neat. Seeing a camo or HSF version would be cool.

I think it depends if High School Fleet has a S2 which I doubt they will unfortunately. Only then may there actually be an actual HSF Azuma in the anime as compared to the concept it is in the movie. HSF is the reason why I actually even got into this game so I'm hoping for more stuff, unfortunately the most they have are camos and captains. I would like more HSF camos for other ships though. The Hiei which is a Kongo class has a HSF camo but that's about it. If there was a HSF Azuma or better yet a camo for it or the Yoshino then yeah I'd most likely get it.