You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
LittleWhiteMouse

Premium Ship Review: Pommern

53 comments in this topic

[REVY]
Members
8,238 posts
6,118 battles
5 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Thank you for reading!

We appreciate your hard work.

Edited by Sventex

[UNC]
Members
888 posts
6,240 battles

Been waiting patiently for this one!  Thanks as always for all of your hard work.  Having had Pommern for a while, there really wasn't anything in there that surprised me TBH.  She is pretty much as advertised.  When I first got her, I went for the manly meme build going all in for secondaries.  What I found was that the returns were very inconsistent.  Even giving time for the enemy to thin out to find opportunities to bring the secondaries into play, I often found myself uncomfortably focused and between the HE spam and glut of AP pens there wasn't often time for the secondaries to do their thing.  I did manage to torpedo an Asashio in one of my first handful of games though, which was pretty hilarious.  I have since reconfigured Pommern for survivability with a small buff for main battery performance and the results (for me, at least) have been better and much more consistent.  I am perhaps less comfortable in a brawl than others though, and I still see plenty of Pommerns built for secondaries, so YMMV.  I find that Pommern works best at around the edge of her concealment range - about 14km - and taking opportunistic shots at available broadsides.  Keeping at this range helps to dip in and out of concealment as necessary and also mitigates somewhat the trolly dispersion.  With good aim I find I can land 15k salvos pretty regularly on broadside or slightly angled opponents. 

It's a fun ship IMO, one of my better investments; though I initially had some doubts due to the extraordinarily low sigma.  I'll be honest, I don't think a tweak up to 1.6 sigma would break Pommern, but she is decent as-is.

[HINON]
Members
8,623 posts
12,535 battles

Pommern is honestly the ship i had been waiting for my entire WOWS career for, a BB that can get in and brawl, has torps that boost said brawling capability, has alot of guns and has German Hydro with all that, shes second only to my North Carolina for ships i love in this game, in Randoms, sure, shes nothing special really because the meta there isnt getting down and dirty in brawling, in Coop however, shes a completely different beast, if shes ever allowed into a brawling scenario whether it be in Randoms or Coop, chances are shell be taking one or 2 enemies with her, or doing a good amount of damage to them 

Edited by tcbaker777
  • Cool 3

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,514 posts
4,771 battles
48 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Maybe that's just a sign of the Apocalypse.

Jawohl.

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,555 battles

49 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

she's not only decent but well liked

I love mine. Thanks for all the hard work LWM.

[--K--]
Members
5,405 posts
18,260 battles

The Pommern has become my second favorite T9 BB to play. Such a fun ship. 

• Cool 2

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,567 posts
18,360 battles

Just waiting for my ship coupon to reset in December to pick this up. Thank you Ms. Mouse for another great review. +1

Upvote GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,192 posts

@LittleWhiteMouse

Do you know if WoWS/WG internal teams use similar design sheets when they "propose" their ships? 

It would seem almost a necessity to have all these numbers on a couple sheets. In theory, one could build a working "sheet" model of a ship knowing all these parameters and potentially have an idea of how she would fit in the game. 

A template in other words. 

tia

[CVA16]
Members
6,042 posts
18,589 battles

Great review Mouse. I would wonder if you are going for a full secondary build would it be better to drop CE and take the fire protection? You are definitely going to be seen for 90%+ of the game by your own choice. You are therefore also going to take a lot of secondary (and HE spammer) hits in return.

Edit: I needed to read further before posting. Still seems a tough decision tho.

Edited by Sabot_100

[V_V_V]
Members
933 posts
16,754 battles
9 hours ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Pommern has a single camouflage option which provides the standard bonuses for tier IX premiums:

All dressed up for a night at the Met.

shot-20.11.22_07.43.46-0353.jpg

• Cool 1

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
12,440 posts
10,538 battles

9 minutes ago, Princess_Daystar said:

I havent really been around to read all your past reviews but do unique camos to the ship like Pomms "Iron Cross" camo not count? Only those you can buy on the exterior tab?

Thank you.  Added it. :)

• Thanks 2

[RKLES]
Members
964 posts

Nice review, thank you.

My guess is Black and Neustrashimy will be unavailable so to entice players to buy loot boxes over the holidays.