You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Soshi_Sone

CVs are Fun and Exciting

27 comments in this topic

[TWFT]
Members
1,442 posts
39,857 battles

You know how they say that an angel gets their wings when a bell rings?  We I think they get a flaming sward when a POS, coward CV dies early in a match.

GJ!

• Cool 5
  • Boring 4
  • Meh 3

[WPORT]
Members
7,818 posts
12,868 battles
6 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Kudos to the DD spotting.  Got some karma for that one.

Good shooting, nice luck on the dispersion, and good teamwork.  Well played.

[CLUMP]
Members
1,404 posts
1,871 battles

This is false advertisement how dare you :Smile_sceptic:

N7Hm75X.gif

I was expecting someone saying something nice about CVs :fish_cute_2: Instead Just saw the demise of another CV :Smile_sad:

Edited by LastRemnant
  • Boring 1

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
38,063 battles

O that poor CV. Struck from afar by a method it could neither retaliate against nor stop. Must have really sucked for it. 

• Haha 3

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
959 posts
7,581 battles
1 hour ago, Turbotush said:

You know how they say that an angel gets their wings when a bell rings?  We I think they get a flaming sward when a POS, coward CV dies early in a match.

GJ!

I love when we run into each other in random, you're always my fav target :) 

• Cool 2

[META_]
Members
1,667 posts
17,490 battles

Gonna start a video series being a  CV and spreading love , freedom , fires and a free ticket back  to port lol...nice video...

Edited by Meta_Man
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[WOLFG]
Members
31,972 posts
9,887 battles
55 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

O that poor CV. Struck from afar by a method it could neither retaliate against nor stop. Must have really sucked for it. 

Why couldn't it move or sink either the Hood or the spotting DD?

I wonder if part of the issue on both sides is that people decide not to try and do anything about their situation....

[TWFT]
Members
1,442 posts
39,857 battles
1 hour ago, Merc_R_Us said:

I love when we run into each other in random, you're always my fav target :) 

LOL!  I KNOW!  You Rat bassfish!   :Smile_honoring:

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
6,291 posts
19,203 battles
8 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Good shooting, nice luck on the dispersion, and good teamwork.  Well played.

One thing about the Hood, is when you aren't a pinpioint shooter (I'm not) or misjudge the lead, sometimes the dispersion shell (off the aim point) is the one that hits home.  Look at that last cit.  My aim was off (lead too much).  Three shells landed close to aim point. That forth shell went kinda wacky (a Hood attribute I hear), but the whacky cancelled out my lead error and delivered the cit.

6 hours ago, Skpstr said:

I wonder if part of the issue on both sides is that people decide not to try and do anything about their situation....

As a CV captain myself, when you're on a sortie, the feedback on the CV being spotted, getting targeted, and on taking damage is not very good.  Nothing like you get when you are on the ship getting plastered.  To be fair, the data is displayed, but the method of display is suboptimal compared to what you get when captaining the ship itself.  You literally have to LEARN a brand new scan sequence when playing CV because the information is different, and located in different locations on the screen.  This takes time and experience.

Due to the above, there is a vulnerability window.  If you can spot a CV, and get powerful ordnance on it very quickly thereafter, you can often operate inside the situational awareness window of the CV captain.  By the time it dawns on the captain that he's been spotted and whacked, it's too late to fire up the boilers and get away.  There is also the angle SA factor.  Those times when you think you're covered by terrain, but you're not.

I've played  CVs a  LOT and feel like I have a good handle on this SA situation.  But even with a good bit of experience, task saturation (on a sortie) can sometimes overcome my SA and I can still get whacked.  Being on both sides of this equation helps play better on the other side of the equation.  As a regular ship captain, I know about this vulnerability window and will take advantage whenever it comes up.  In the video above, it was pure serendipity.  CV spotted...in range...guns loaded...and pointing in the right direction...with a flank angle.   As a CV captain, I know about this vulnerability window and will try to play to avoid getting in that situation in the first place.  All said, it takes being there several times to avoid being there.

Edited by Soshi_Sone
  • Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
31,972 posts
9,887 battles
35 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

As a CV captain myself, when you're on a sortie, the feedback on the CV being spotted, getting targeted, and on taking damage is not very good.  Nothing like you get when you are on the ship getting plastered. 

I dunno, I figure the indicators that tell you that you're spotted, then under attack, and your HP bar moving, are pretty clear.

I know when I'm driving a CV, I realise that I'm not getting the same feedback, so I keep a weather eye on the feedback I do get.

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
38,063 battles
7 hours ago, Skpstr said:

Just being ironic.

[ARGSY]
Members
22,990 posts
17,004 battles
1 hour ago, Jonas_Brent said:

BULLSH!T!

It would help your cause if we knew who you were calling out and why. Otherwise you are just raging in the darkness, at God knows who (or what).

[OBS]
Members
354 posts
1,080 battles
9 hours ago, Taichunger said:

You can absolutely do something about it. Drive to the border to start the match till things pan out. With all the spotting and long range bbs you aRe asking to get blowed up

[ARGSY]
Members
22,990 posts
17,004 battles
3 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

I mean killing CVs is fun and exciting.

When I drive BB, CA/CL and DD, I agree completely.

When driving a CV, not so much. 

They can hurt you badly at range if you misplay, but catch them flat-footed and they are about as survivable as a king on the chessboard faced with three queens and having pawn moves available to disallow stalemate.

• Cool 1

[-DF-]
Beta Testers
3,497 posts
6,270 battles
11 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

They can hurt you badly at range if you misplay, but catch them flat-footed and they are about as survivable as a king on the chessboard faced with three queens and having pawn moves available to disallow stalemate.

That's the icing on the CV cake.  They make the game incredibly painful to play and then when you do get to finally kill them, they are typically one of the dumbest kills you'll ever get.  It's almost like you're killing an AFK.

So unsatisfying on every single level.   

Edited by CommodoreKang

[RBMK]
Members
2,187 posts
34,478 battles
18 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Kudos to the DD spotting.  Got some karma for that one.

That brought a tear to my eye, even more so than usual when I watch a CV being dispatched.

Great job! You have contributed positively to the game and community sharing this.

Edited by Wye_So_Serious

[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
2,965 battles
4 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

One thing about the Hood, is when you aren't a pinpioint shooter (I'm not) or misjudge the lead, sometimes the dispersion shell (off the aim point) is the one that hits home.  Look at that last cit.  My aim was off (lead too much).  Three shells landed close to aim point. That forth shell went kinda wacky (a Hood attribute I hear), but the whacky cancelled out my lead error and delivered the cit.

As a CV captain myself, when you're on a sortie, the feedback on the CV being spotted, getting targeted, and on taking damage is not very good.  Nothing like you get when you are on the ship getting plastered.  To be fair, the data is displayed, but the method of display is suboptimal compared to what you get when captaining the ship itself.  You literally have to LEARN a brand new scan sequence when playing CV because the information is different, and located in different locations on the screen.  This takes time and experience.

Due to the above, there is a vulnerability window.  If you can spot a CV, and get powerful ordnance on it very quickly thereafter, you can often operate inside the situational awareness window of the CV captain.  By the time it dawns on the captain that he's been spotted and whacked, it's too late to fire up the boilers and get away.  There is also the angle SA factor.  Those times when you think you're covered by terrain, but you're not.

I've played  CVs a  LOT and feel like I have a good handle on this SA situation.  But even with a good bit of experience, task saturation (on a sortie) can sometimes overcome my SA and I can still get whacked.  Being on both sides of this equation helps play better on the other side of the equation.  As a regular ship captain, I know about this vulnerability window and will take advantage whenever it comes up.  In the video above, it was pure serendipity.  CV spotted...in range...guns loaded...and pointing in the right direction...with a flank angle.   As a CV captain, I know about this vulnerability window and will try to play to avoid getting in that situation in the first place.  All said, it takes being there several times to avoid being there.

What the hell are you doing stationary in a CV?

The only time you should be stationary is when you are behind hard cover and know where all the enemy ships are (roughly)...

You need to pick up your situational awareness game and also up your APM and this wont be a problem.