Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
mykil

CLAN BATTLE MERCS ARE COMPLETE [edited]

55 comments in this topic

[-TXT-]
Alpha Tester
67 posts
24,178 battles

You Know, TxT only does Clan Battles 2 nights a week, sometimes three. The push to Green is kinda a big deal, fun for everyone, and tonight should have been an easy push, we started off by only needing to win three battles. Won the first tow with easy, then. Five games we run into a PURPLE FDR MERC. This is straight up BULL crap! I don’t whine about much, but this really sucks, for our team, so pretty much the game in general, and for anyone that has to put up with it. If this does happen next season, we will not participate in clan battles. I am sure the trolls will love this, it is simple, I won’t reply, but a vent, and out unanimous decision.

Untitled-3.thumb.jpg.fd83984e4ca2b84cc818104f730c5af5.jpg

• Cool 3
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 3

[SYN]
Members
15,922 posts
12,803 battles

that's [edited]hilarious

• Funny 3
  • Haha 1

[BONKS]
Members
250 posts
9,650 battles

A single player isn't going to influence the math that much lmbo

I know you've won at least two out of the five games.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 2

[-WTP-]
Supertester
7 posts
9,847 battles

So I want to address a few things.

First, it's competitive play for a reason. The higher up the ladder you go, the harder it gets. So unless you're really really good, it shouldn't be "an easy push" up to Typhoon. Judging by your screenshot, you beat at least one clan with a purple merc, so you should be able to do it again. Again, it's competitive. You need to prove you're worthy of moving up the ladder.

Second, as mentioned before, mercs are not an exclusive privilege to some clans. They're free to be used by anyone. So if you want a player like that in your lineup, bring one on. There's plenty out there.

Third, also as previously mentioned. A single player isn't necessarily going to effect a game that much. If a team plays at a Gale level, a Hurricane level player isn't suddenly going to bring them up to Hurricane or Typhoon. 

Lastly, this sentence. 

58 minutes ago, mykil said:

I don’t whine about much, but this really sucks, for our team, so pretty much the game in general, and for anyone that has to put up with it.

Your phrasing really makes it sound like you think your team is basically the entire game, and no other opinions matter.

It sucks that you didn't make it to Typhoon tonight, but there's still a day left. Try again and use this as a learning opportunity for next season.

• Cool 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Meh 2

[BONKS]
Members
250 posts
9,650 battles
12 minutes ago, VengefulCaptain said:

You could always get mercs yourself :cap_hmm:

Maybe ask Gaishu if he's available 

If he wasn't pushing for #1 global he'd probably do it.

[IMP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
412 posts
6,013 battles

Our merc today was a gift from the gods, an absolute beast when playing the MVR. Mercs are good for those who can't get 7 guys on every CB night :)

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,563 battles

Whether you're for them or against them, you have to admit this: having Mercs in clan battles gives brand new meaning to the words "PAY TO WIN"!

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 3

[HINON]
Members
8,633 posts
12,555 battles

how ironic, the exact thing people were worried would happen with this idea is happening, how about that?

• Cool 1

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
1,318 posts
13,116 battles
2 hours ago, mykil said:

You Know, TxT only does Clan Battles 2 nights a week, sometimes three. The push to Green is kinda a big deal, fun for everyone, and tonight should have been an easy push, we started off by only needing to win three battles. Won the first tow with easy, then. Five games we run into a PURPLE FDR MERC. This is straight up BULL crap! I don’t whine about much, but this really sucks, for our team, so pretty much the game in general, and for anyone that has to put up with it. If this does happen next season, we will not participate in clan battles. I am sure the trolls will love this, it is simple, I won’t reply, but a vent, and out unanimous decision.

Untitled-3.thumb.jpg.fd83984e4ca2b84cc818104f730c5af5.jpg

We played you guys tonight. GG. 

tks really liked mercs. Worked great for recruiting players. 

Edited by skillztowin

[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
Members
1,391 posts
20,350 battles

Just buy merc services like many others... pay to push up. 

[WPE-2]
Members
116 posts
1,122 battles
2 hours ago, ShotaBonk said:

If it was a purple CV player it sure would . Specially with the teams still in storm this late in the season .

CV would be the worst case but stick those unicums in a cruiser and have them merc for a gale /squall and they would do some major clubbing as well . 

2 minutes ago, Cit_the_bed said:

Just buy merc services like many others... pay to push up. 

No, No your suppose become a merc and buy services from purple clans so they can show you how to get that hurricane steel .  Some say certain Chinese clans perfected mercenary services before wows made it a thing . its all hearsay though.  

[KIA-C]
Members
3,627 posts
16,088 battles
6 minutes ago, Stew_Pedastle said:

Some say certain Chinese clans perfected mercenary services before wows made it a thing . its all hearsay though.  

Mercs =/= account sharing. 

[BONKS]
Members
250 posts
9,650 battles
1 hour ago, Stew_Pedastle said:

If it was a purple CV player it sure would . Specially with the teams still in storm this late in the season .

CV would be the worst case but stick those unicums in a cruiser and have them merc for a gale /squall and they would do some major clubbing as well .

I've literally merced for gale/squall this season.

There's a limit I can do, even playing carriers against people who act like literal punching bags.

• Cool 1

[B-I-G]
Members
25 posts
8,734 battles

Bruh...There are huge advantages to this system that you are not considering....

(1) I know a lot of clans use the merc system to try out new recruits. 

(2) Quite often a clan might have people waiting to play CB, so the merc system offers a great way for those waiting to keep themselves occupied

(3) Often you might have a friend from other clans who just wanna play a bit with you...

My dude, you are just too absorbed in your own grievances -- what you describe is like 1 negative aspect amongst 9 positive aspects of the merc system. If you wanna boycott future seasons, your loss. But I suspect you will get very little support/sympathy. Maybe there are some side effects such as purple merc in gale league, but it's nowhere a deal-breaker

Edited by Russian_BaLanSe
  • Cool 1

[BONKS]
Members
957 posts
4,460 battles

Boo hoo. Small clans need mercs. My EU clan used one last night, a friend of one of our regulars. Meant we could make a push on the last weekend for Typhoon. We ended up against Typhoon clans with 'Cane mercs. And played to win, it did not change a thing. We won 9 in a row for the record and got to Typhoon after all. Suck it up. 

• Cool 1

Members
19 posts
14,863 battles

Dude the new mercenary system is great, I've played plenty of battles as a merc for many clans out there. Some lower rank clans and some medium ranked clans as it's a good way to get steel and other benefits of playing CBs without having to wait for your clan to have a spot open. There are good players out there who play as mercs when they're free. I've played with Texans, Canadians, Australians, and even Brazilians as a merc out there. Thanks to that I've gotten plenty of steel plus free xp and credits. You can find your own mercs out there and if you want can even check his stats to determine how good a player he is. Just talk to other unicum players out there and create friendships and stuff, and during the next season of CBs as them for a helping hand when they're free.

[RKLES]
Members
964 posts
10 hours ago, ShotaBonk said:

Do you understand the game at all?  Getting a good CV player on your side is game changing.

• Cool 1

Members
43 posts
5,384 battles
32 minutes ago, Learux said:

Do you understand the game at all?  Getting a good CV player on your side is game changing.

then get a good cv yourself

[BONKS]
Members
250 posts
9,650 battles
56 minutes ago, Learux said:

I am the CV player.

I merced as a CV player.

Having a single competent carrier still has it's limitations when the rest of your team can't breathe without instructions.

• Meh 1

[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
2,965 battles
11 hours ago, Umikami said:

Whether you're for them or against them, you have to admit this: having Mercs in clan battles gives brand new meaning to the words "PAY TO WIN"!

Indeed.

Yet more evidence to show new players about the game.

• Meh 1

Sign in to follow this