Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Mad_Dog_Magoo

21 point commander problem

42 comments in this topic

Members
110 posts
21,450 battles

when the new 21 point commander is introduced what is wows going to do to correct special commanders that have enhanced skills that will be eliminated. for example on HMS London i have a special commander with the enhanced smoke screen expert skill. it is my understanding that smoke screen expert is one of the skills to be eliminated. will wows give said commander another enhanced skill that is compatible to HMS London. as you all know these special commanders are not obtained cheaply.

• Cool 2

[KWF]
Members
5,588 posts
6,899 battles

I think based on the criticism it has received, the commander skill rework is back on the drawing board. 

That, or one day they will announce its coming tomorrow or something.

• Funny 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

[PVE]
Members
4,993 posts
22,027 battles
1 hour ago, Mad_Dog_Magoo said:

when the new 21 point commander is introduced what is wows going to do to correct special commanders that have enhanced skills that will be eliminated. for example on HMS London i have a special commander with the enhanced smoke screen expert skill. it is my understanding that smoke screen expert is one of the skills to be eliminated. will wows give said commander another enhanced skill that is compatible to HMS London. as you all know these special commanders are not obtained cheaply.

I doubt it.  Our host is 'devaluing" the game to force players to spend more to break even......  I suspect, the reset is to reset the economy of the game to prepare it for an eSales/micro-transactions paradigm......  That requires that the economy be reset and significantly devalued.

57 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

I think based on the criticism it has received, the commander skill rework is back on the drawing board. 

That, or one day they will announce its coming tomorrow or something.

In other games that have done this, i.e Mechwarrior Online, their Skill Tree Change had the same rhetoric our host is using and will do the same thing that other change did:  forced a new CPT skill requirement that cost 10x more.....and, destroyed that game and now it is a ghost town.....

Those of us who have lived through these kiddie gimmicks know what will happen:  "those whom fail to study history are doomed to repeat it..."  And, if our host has paused, it's not because we are concerned, they paused because their financial objectives can't be met:...........bankrupting long standing veteran players and driving them out......  And, this change will !!!!  Make no mistake about that.

36 minutes ago, Fortytwo_to_4and2 said:

I just counted my 19 point commanders. I have 22 of them. I'm not looking forward to trying to upgrade them to 21 point captains.

I have 22 as well and only plan on upgrading one from each nation.  Selling everything but premium ships that I can swap those 5 or 6 CPT's around in.  Then, retiring to a game or two every so often.......  What will be left won't be what I started three years ago......and, that's pretty sad.

• Cool 5
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLFG]
Members
31,987 posts
9,887 battles
1 hour ago, warheart1992 said:

I dunno if it's that, so much as they've maybe finalised it in general terms, and are now backtracking to fix the specific cases where somebody is getting unfairly boned.

For example, they may be thinking of giving cruisers with DD guns extra base range to compensate the AFT loss, or reducing burn duration for supercruisers, or changing unique captain perks.

Edited by Skpstr

[SALTY]
Beta Testers
675 posts
7,881 battles
42 minutes ago, PrairiePlayer said:

@Skpstr, you are giving WG much credit for acting in good faith.  I would like to share your optimism, but I am skeptical.  

At this point it's not optimism, it's naïveté.

[WOLFG]
Members
31,987 posts
9,887 battles
1 hour ago, PrairiePlayer said:

@Skpstr, you are giving WG much credit for acting in good faith.  I would like to share your optimism, but I am skeptical.  

It seems kind of logical to me. I mean, they had already planned to increase BB secondary range, to offset BB's loss of AFT. That's a lot of ships though, so a general change was fine 

The issues I mentioned are IMO relatively more obscure, so to me it makes sense to go back and address them within a finished framework.

It's like doing trim in your house. You'll put it all on, then go back to look for and fix imperfections. Then go back and paint. You wouldn't put a few pieces on, then go back and fill & paint, then put on a few more pieces.

[PVE]
Members
10,882 posts
18,772 battles

Maybe they will just make our Commanders jump 2 points, so if you have a 19 pointer it becomes a 21 already and 18 would become 20 etc... If that happened at least I wouldn't have to grind already ground Captains again. I would just have 341+ commanders to set for each type of ship, which already sounds like a lot of work to me.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
10,882 posts
18,772 battles
20 hours ago, Skpstr said:

You'll put it all on, then go back to look for and fix imperfections. Then go back and paint.

I always finish the trim on houses and then install it and then fill the holes with the appropriate putty. Although if I use Loctite power grab I don't even have to fill any holes.

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Funny 1

[CO-OP]
Members
1,963 posts
27,268 battles
7 hours ago, Skpstr said:

I dunno if it's that, so much as they've maybe finalised it in general terms, and are now backtracking to fix the specific cases where somebody is getting unfairly boned.

Being unfairly boned used to be a consideration that WG took seriously, but their actions in the last year or so have proved they no longer give this the priority it once had. Irritated Mockva permacamo owner.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 2

[FOXY]
Members
1,211 posts
5,893 battles
1 hour ago, Efros said:

Being unfairly boned used to be a consideration that WG took seriously, but their actions in the last year or so have proved they no longer give this the priority it once had. Irritated Mockva permacamo owner.

The spreadsheet doesnt care about being unfaily boned.

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
31,987 posts
9,887 battles
3 hours ago, Efros said:

Sorry, I should have specified being boned gameplay wise.

[CO-OP]
Members
1,963 posts
27,268 battles
1 minute ago, Skpstr said:

Sorry, I should have specified being boned gameplay wise.

No problem, I'll be surprised if WG actually pay much attention to it TBH.

[WOLFG]
Members
31,987 posts
9,887 battles
21 minutes ago, Efros said:

No problem, I'll be surprised if WG actually pay much attention to it TBH.

To be fair, I think that the fact that the things I mentioned are tied to things that involve the spending of resources by players, may make a difference.

Banned
1,424 posts
6,083 battles
12 hours ago, DrHolmes52 said:

They haven't said.

They haven't said much of anything since the original announcement.

They said it will be postponed, cuz it wasn't working well.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
14 hours ago, DrHolmes52 said:

They haven't said.

They haven't said much of anything since the original announcement.

They got a lot of pushback, they've likely decided to just keep silent and drop it in an update without much warning later.

1 hour ago, WarStore said:

They said it will be postponed, cuz it wasn't working well.

Really?  Where?

Edited by KilljoyCutter

[WOLFG]
Members
11,599 posts
10,726 battles
11 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

They got a lot of pushback, they've likely decided to just keep silent and drop it in an update without much warning later.

Yeah, WG being WG, a lot of their ideas don't completely disappear.

[Y0L0W]
Members
321 posts
8,849 battles
1 hour ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Really?  Where?

I don't have the link, but it was said on one of the official streams maybe 1-2 weeks ago.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
17 minutes ago, SirPent13 said:

I don't have the link, but it was said on one of the official streams maybe 1-2 weeks ago.

Let's hope they're at least taking to heart the issues that were pointed out to them. 

[PVE]
Members
1,142 posts
9,607 battles
5 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Let's hope they're at least taking to heart the issues that were pointed out to them. 

We can only hope. Here is hoping my Fiji and Charles Martel don't get screwed into near constant engine crippling, smoke cruisers can still buff their clouds, German BBs still have a noticeable secondary range advantage over other lines, etc. 

Powercreep is already real enough, we don't need to have entire lines devalued, again.

[X-PN]
Members
1,512 posts
11,958 battles
21 minutes ago, MasterDiggs said:

We can only hope. Here is hoping my Fiji and Charles Martel don't get screwed into near constant engine crippling, smoke cruisers can still buff their clouds, German BBs still have a noticeable secondary range advantage over other lines, etc. 

Powercreep is already real enough, we don't need to have entire lines devalued, again.

KInda like when USN CA's used to have better than average AA and now it's same or even worse than other nations? 

Sign in to follow this