Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Fomero

(petition) Wg can I get Iona without spending 80 dollars...

25 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
8 posts
2,361 battles

like what I just wanted Iona because she is my fav character in arpeggio but then like I have to buy the entire pack that includes characters and ships that I dont want to pay for

this is the next level of sad.

plz sell Iona like in a smaller pack or just alone

  • Cool 4
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,657
[WOLF8]
Members
7,774 posts
6,525 battles

People have been asking for the same thing, for the 2nd and 3rd collabs with Azur Lane. Alas, no individual captain sales. It's a shame, really. :Smile_sceptic:

My advice to you is to not bother, and just give up. At this point in time, I doubt WG will ever change their mind. :Smile_sceptic:

If you still REALLY want Iona, I suggest looking towards some mods, and see if there's anything there. That's my 2 cents, lol. :Smile_hiding:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,956
[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,599 posts
4,771 battles
25 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

At this point in time, I doubt WG will ever change their mind.

I seriously doubt that it's WG's decision.

 

 

Edited by iDuckman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,657
[WOLF8]
Members
7,774 posts
6,525 battles
4 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

I seriously doubt that it's WG's decision.

I used to think that too, but Azur Lane and ARP are two separate IP's, owned by completely unrelated entities. Heck, former's actually created in China, while the latter is from Japan. That's certainly something to note. 

And yet, we're seeing a similar sales tactic of all-or-nothing style of bundles. Maybe it's just me, but I'm starting to think that it's more of WG's doing. Just saying. :Smile_hiding:

My 2 tin foil hats... lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,956
[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,599 posts
4,771 battles
2 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

I'm starting to think that it's more of WG's doing. Just saying.

<hhmmm>  Pass me one of those hats.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
198
[B_Y_F]
Members
659 posts
15,204 battles
7 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

I seriously doubt that it's WG's decision.

Yes, It might be a license issue.

But consider the facts that the initial license(First collaboration) was an unlimited free license (that's why EVERYONE use to get those voice over for FREE in the pass three years, until this collaboration happen NOW) 

I do think WG's marketing decision takes a big part for the current situation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,755
[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
47 minutes ago, Formero said:

like what I just wanted Iona because she is my fav character in arpeggio but then like I have to buy the entire pack that includes characters and ships that I dont want to pay for

this is the next level of sad.

plz sell Iona like in a smaller pack or just alone

 

For WG, the whole point is that you have to spend that much for the one thing you actually want. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,052
[KWF]
Members
5,609 posts
6,914 battles
3 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

I used to think that too, but Azur Lane and ARP are two separate IP's, owned by completely unrelated entities. Heck, former's actually created in China, while the latter is from Japan. That's certainly something to note. 

And yet, we're seeing a similar sales tactic of all-or-nothing style of bundles. Maybe it's just me, but I'm starting to think that it's more of WG's doing. Just saying. :Smile_hiding:

My 2 tin foil hats... lol. 

 

1 minute ago, iDuckman said:

<hhmmm>  Pass me one of those hats.

While I'm pretty critical of WG most of the time, the pricing especially, the duck is right; it's not a one way deal with WG dictating everything, nor does the sole responsibility for the prices. I'm sure for the collab to come to be, the ones behind ARP had to also agree on the terms. Who knows, maybe ARP saw profit to be made and wanted a bigger slice of the pie.

2 minutes ago, sapient007 said:

Yes, It might be a license issue.

But consider the facts that the initial license(First collaboration) was an unlimited free license (that's why EVERYONE use to get those voice over for FREE in the pass three years, until this collaboration happen NOW) 

I do think WG's marketing decision takes a big part for the current situation. 

The first few collabs were done under different circumstances though. The ships offered for free weren't premium in terms of earnings, just premium in terms of being able to use them for Commander retraining. The camouflage purely visual, offering no bonuses. It's in the pat year or so that these ships attained true premium status.

Of course WG's marketing plays it's role, but again, can't only fault them; they don't own ARP and obviously someone agreed to the terms of the contract for the collaboration. If the owners of ARP wanted to make everything available to everyone they could have done so, or at least reached some form of understanding with WG.

That doesn't mean the packages aren't stupid in terms of pricing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,979
[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,192 posts

If I were running the show :cap_haloween: here's what I'd have done. 

First, what's the maximum someone would pay for a single, three-point ARP commander? $20? $30? $50? 

Once I figured out that price, I'd create sales blurb for the total bundle using that as a per commander price then advertise the bundle of everything for $XXX which is a potential savings of $XXX if purchased separately. 

Overall, they'd probably make more money from the program, as more people would be willing to buy one or two commanders than the whole bundle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,956
[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,599 posts
4,771 battles

I dunno.  It's not like real product, where each item has a cost.  So the cost of the full bundle to the seller is the same as the cost of the single item -- until you factor in the transaction and advertising costs.  Thus, even though there may be more gross sales from selling small amounts, the bundles may have higher profit. 

 

Note:  I am not an economist; I am merely confused. /s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
198
[B_Y_F]
Members
659 posts
15,204 battles
10 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

The first few collabs were done under different circumstances though. The ships offered for free weren't premium in terms of earnings, just premium in terms of being able to use them for Commander retraining

You are right about ships. But those voices over was free for everyone. You don't even need to participate the first collab or got any ships or commander to use them. I started the game after the first collab but use  APR Nachi as command voice for nearly three years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,052
[KWF]
Members
5,609 posts
6,914 battles
1 minute ago, sapient007 said:

You are right about ships. But those voices over was free for everyone. You don't even need to participate the first collab or got any ships or commander to use them. I started the game after the first collab but use  APR Nachi as command voice for nearly three years. 

That's something that I forgot and you are correct in that regard; I got the ships and commanders back in 2017 so I don't really know what's going on. If not wrong the voiceovers were removed with the new collab which is a pretty bad move of something that was offered for free for so long. Dunno if there are any mods to fix it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
482
[FOXY]
Members
1,212 posts
6,004 battles
7 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

That's something that I forgot and you are correct in that regard; I got the ships and commanders back in 2017 so I don't really know what's going on. If not wrong the voiceovers were removed with the new collab which is a pretty bad move of something that was offered for free for so long. Dunno if there are any mods to fix it.

I can confirm that the voice overs were removed. Prior to this collab going live i had access to all the voice overs in game despite not owning a single ARP/Azur Lane ship, now i only see the voices of 4 of the 5 commanders i own, the 5th commander the one they gave as the free mission doesnt have her voice unlocked, im guessing id have to buy the bundle to unlock that.

the four voices i have are; Maya, Yamato, Musashi and Myoko.

It is fixable with mods, but its odd they would remove it without notice unless letting them be seen was a bug. I doubt that was the case, but they could say that.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,106
[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,581 battles
1 hour ago, Blorgh2017 said:

I'm starting to think that it's more of WG's doing.

That does sound like WG, no doubt!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,944
[WPORT]
Members
7,854 posts
12,937 battles
1 hour ago, iDuckman said:

I dunno.  It's not like real product, where each item has a cost.  So the cost of the full bundle to the seller is the same as the cost of the single item -- until you factor in the transaction and advertising costs.  Thus, even though there may be more gross sales from selling small amounts, the bundles may have higher profit. 

 

Note:  I am not an economist; I am merely confused. /s

The product is audio and pixels arranged professionally.
We pay for movies, books, music and etc.  These may not be bricks or diamonds, but they're products. 
The intellectual property, the anime' rights, whatever you want to call it, has value.  And the creators are doing what they can to sell their products and cross-pollinate with other franchises for mutual profit.
Profit keeps the artists, writers, producers, actors & actresses, studios and game creation offices financially solvent and able to pay their utility bills and other expenses.

I can understand people wanting products that are affordable for their budget(s).  
And I can understand the notion that "a small sale of a smaller version of a product" is better than a lost sale of an un-affordable product bundle, because the buyer gains something they want for an amount they can afford to spend and the seller gets some revenue instead of no revenue at all.
I am not sure why WOWs and Arpeggio of Blue Steel came to the terms of agreement that they did.  

Hopefully the feedback from people on this forum will eventually lead to an improved collaboration in the future.
 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,944
[WPORT]
Members
7,854 posts
12,937 battles
5 hours ago, Princess_Daystar said:

I can confirm that the voice overs were removed. Prior to this collab going live i had access to all the voice overs in game despite not owning a single ARP/Azur Lane ship, now i only see the voices of 4 of the 5 commanders i own, the 5th commander the one they gave as the free mission doesnt have her voice unlocked, im guessing id have to buy the bundle to unlock that.

the four voices i have are; Maya, Yamato, Musashi and Myoko.

It is fixable with mods, but its odd they would remove it without notice unless letting them be seen was a bug. I doubt that was the case, but they could say that.

Even with some of the legitimately purchased Commanders that I have, there are times when their voices don't play in response to a quick-chat message (using the "B" key in combination with the mouse).
I don't know if this is an audio setting limitation or a bug with WOWs software failing to play all the sounds I've paid for every time I use them and without fail.

Tagged for @Hapa_Fodder and @Mademoisail

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52
[PUMA]
Members
162 posts
9,817 battles
6 hours ago, Formero said:

like what I just wanted Iona because she is my fav character in arpeggio but then like I have to buy the entire pack that includes characters and ships that I dont want to pay for

this is the next level of sad.

plz sell Iona like in a smaller pack or just alone

Iona was $8 in Feb,

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/sales-and-events/return-of-the-fleet-of-fog/

 

Edited by TYPHOON0216

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
73
[COOP2]
Members
370 posts
9,576 battles
On 11/21/2020 at 5:34 PM, Princess_Daystar said:

I can confirm that the voice overs were removed. Prior to this collab going live i had access to all the voice overs in game despite not owning a single ARP/Azur Lane ship, now i only see the voices of 4 of the 5 commanders i own, the 5th commander the one they gave as the free mission doesnt have her voice unlocked, im guessing id have to buy the bundle to unlock that.

Same here, I was wondering what happened to all those voice lines. Then I wondered why I didn't have any for Kirishima as I got her in that mission. I think your guess is correct.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
188
[CHBAY]
Beta Testers
610 posts
3,908 battles
2 hours ago, Ironshroud said:

Same here, I was wondering what happened to all those voice lines. Then I wondered why I didn't have any for Kirishima as I got her in that mission. I think your guess is correct.

Did you get the teddy bear? That's her after she lost her body.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
482
[FOXY]
Members
1,212 posts
6,004 battles
4 hours ago, PrinzEugen85 said:

Did you get the teddy bear? That's her after she lost her body.

They arent selling the teddy bear, so no. you get her in her human form. The ship bundle they are offering for her(And the mega bundle with all the ARP ships) says she has a unique voice over. Not unlocking it while having the commander is iffy though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,139
[NOVEL]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,026 posts
27,938 battles

Sorry, when WG figure out, how to make people sell their kidney for some pixels, they let you pay that and a bit extra.

It's especially hillarious considering that players got all those characters for free with the first colab.

This included Iona, Gunzo and Yotharo (Krishima as teddy).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,944
[WPORT]
Members
7,854 posts
12,937 battles
16 hours ago, PrinzEugen85 said:

Did you get the teddy bear? That's her after she lost her body.

 

12 hours ago, Princess_Daystar said:

They arent selling the teddy bear, so no. you get her in her human form. The ship bundle they are offering for her(And the mega bundle with all the ARP ships) says she has a unique voice over. Not unlocking it while having the commander is iffy though.

Need to ensure that the audio voice setting in the audio settings menu is set to "National voiceover+" to enable all voices of all nations and unique voices of marketing collaboration Commanders, if I recall correctly.

image_2020-11-24_191820.thumb.png.93f6bfe76841c0b512614539336f7072.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
482
[FOXY]
Members
1,212 posts
6,004 battles
5 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

 

Need to ensure that the audio voice setting in the audio settings menu is set to "National voiceover+" to enable all voices of all nations and unique voices of marketing collaboration Commanders, if I recall correctly.

image_2020-11-24_191820.thumb.png.93f6bfe76841c0b512614539336f7072.png

For me i see this. The only voice mod i have installed is the MLP voice. I dont even get an option to select her. The national + may have her voice active for her alone, but if i wanted to use her voice for everyone else im outta luck. Prior to this promotion going live i could see *all* the ARP voices.

 

 

552990_20201124192121_1.png

Edited by Princess_Daystar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,944
[WPORT]
Members
7,854 posts
12,937 battles
10 minutes ago, Princess_Daystar said:

For me i see this. The only voice mod i have installed is the MLP voice. I dont even get an option to select her. The national + may have her voice active for her alone, but if i wanted to use her voice for everyone else im outta luck. Prior to this promotion going live i could see *all* the ARP voices.

 

 

552990_20201124192121_1.png

Hmmm.  :cap_hmm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×