You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Chain_shot

Gothic Bismark

26 comments in this topic

[USCC]
Members
3,116 posts
14,656 battles

I have one that I got from the missions, but in all honesty, I almost never play that ship, this camo looks so cool, but it should have been made for the Tirpitz!
That's a ship I play all the time. 

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
6,954 posts
16,808 battles

Some players got a mission to earn it (not me).  And, it is currently for sale in the premium shop (or was within the last day or two, at least).

Members
151 posts

Looks cool as all heck... but maybe it wasn't all that popular because Bismarck already has two perfectly serviceable permacamos available, for free, from the same crate collection in the armory? I couldn't play the mission when it was available, and $20 is just too steep for a cosmetic item for a ship which I already have two other camos unlocked for.

Wish there'd been a bit more of that Gothic architecture stapled to the WH40k ships... or that they just would've used the KM ships with their huge superstructures and dakka-tastic secondaries. Maybe that'll be the second wave if WH does another 40k collab.

• Cool 1

[B_Y_F]
Members
653 posts
15,130 battles
34 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

Some players got a mission to earn it (not me).  And, it is currently for sale in the premium shop (or was within the last day or two, at least).

The mission come from a bonus code during WG's official stream. But I think I found that code here some post in the forum. 

[K-POP]
Members
4,791 posts
13,162 battles
39 minutes ago, SpudZero said:

I have one that I got from the missions, but in all honesty, I almost never play that ship, this camo looks so cool, but it should have been made for the Tirpitz!
That's a ship I play all the time. 

Same. I got it from the mission, and like the look (and love the unique horn), but I already have so many other free permacamos for Bismarck and rarely play it anyway now that I’ve ground past it and moved the captain up, and have other t8 BBs I’m grinding to play. 

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,556 battles
2 hours ago, Chain_shot said:

I have yet to see one on the NA server.

I've seen some, and believe me when I say they are just as butt-ugly live as they are in pics! Worst camo I've ever seen!

[FOXY]
Members
1,211 posts
5,821 battles

I love mine. but i only play in COOP so you probably wont ever see me using it. I alternate between it and the "From the depths destroyed" Camo, My Bismarck is shelved at the moment anyways while i finish out grinding other lines.

[WOLF7]
Members
17 posts
4,190 battles

I've certainly seen it on NA in coop, not random yet. I have it from grinding through the event. Seems to be a love it or hate permacamo. Awesome horn...I use it simply because I want the camo benefits and it was free. Not sure I'd pay real cash for it though.

[WOLFC]
Members
3,200 posts

Got it from the mission with normal play  ... put it on just long enough to play the horn.  Interesting.  Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D Minor is better ... :Smile_bajan2: :Smile_teethhappy:

Back to Unsinkable Sam.

• Cool 1

[FORM]
Members
2,112 posts
13,009 battles
3 hours ago, Chain_shot said:

I have yet to see one on the NA server. Did this event fall flat on its face?

I got it, and now I have 17,291 permanent camos for the Biz. I'm debating on resetting the line to and I will play that camo, but only because the horn is awesome. Otherwise I prefer the cat camo :)  

• Funny 1

[KWF]
Members
5,584 posts
6,878 battles
1 hour ago, TheArc said:

I got it, and now I have 17,291 permanent camos for the Biz. I'm debating on resetting the line to and I will play that camo, but only because the horn is awesome. Otherwise I prefer the cat camo :)  

I don't know if it's some internal joke to release constantly camos for Bismarck, or it's that popular.

There's doubloon permacamo, Last conquest, From the bottom of the ocean, Halloween,  Snowy, Infernal, Unsinkable Sam and now Gothic. 

That's 8 different permacamos for the same ship, 6 if you count the ship specific ones only.

Edited by warheart1992

[INTEL]
Members
3,411 posts
18,856 battles
2 hours ago, TheArc said:

I got it, and now I have 17,291 permanent camos for the Biz.

Dammit.  It appears I am missing one.

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
670 posts
14,262 battles

I have it as well, earned it from the Twitch missions. Played a couple battles in it when I got it, but haven't played the Bismarck much since. I normally play tier 10 since I earn way more there, and besides, even though the Gothic camo is kinda neat, the black Sam the Cat camo is much more cool.

Members
62 posts
254 battles
10 hours ago, Wrath_Of_Deadguy said:

Looks cool as all heck... but maybe it wasn't all that popular because Bismarck already has two perfectly serviceable permacamos available, for free, from the same crate collection in the armory? I couldn't play the mission when it was available, and $20 is just too steep for a cosmetic item for a ship which I already have two other camos unlocked for.

I don't have a single perma camo for the Bismarck. Even so, I decided not to work for it after I saw the mission requirements and how much of a grind it was. I was also completing some other mission directives that would not be possible if I played purely german ships. To me, the camo was not worth the amount of work needed to acquire it.

As of today, I still have not seen the camo in the wild. I suspect not many people bothered to try for it.

Edited by armakel

[NOVEL]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,026 posts
27,938 battles

Why use that one when you got a free Unsikable Sam camo?

Also: why not sell it in thr arsenal for coal or something like this, since WG already had a mission chain to give her away.

[PHD]
Members
257 posts
8,196 battles
10 hours ago, Qilang said:

ugly

Hideously ugly! I got the mission and never got it finished. No regrets.

Members
813 posts
9 hours ago, DocWalker said:

Got it from the mission with normal play  ... put it on just long enough to play the horn.  Interesting.  Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D Minor is better ... :Smile_bajan2: :Smile_teethhappy:

Back to Unsinkable Sam.

Lets go darker.

[FOXY]
Members
1,211 posts
5,821 battles
9 hours ago, warheart1992 said:

I don't know if it's some internal joke to release constantly camos for Bismarck, or it's that popular.

There's doubloon permacamo, Last conquest, From the bottom of the ocean, Halloween,  Snowy, Infernal, Unsinkable Sam and now Gothic. 

That's 8 different permacamos for the same ship, 6 if you count the ship specific ones only.

The Bismarck and the N Carolina are the only two ships that have 7 million + Battles. The next closest? Tirpitz at 5 Million and then Amagi at 3 Million.

[CO-OP]
Members
1,956 posts
27,239 battles

I think the Bismarck freebie event is responsible for its widespread use, I really don't care for her and will play Tirpitz by preference.

[K0]
Members
216 posts
5,037 battles

I'm wearing it right now. Hs anyone noticed whether the funnel plume is on it or obscured *MUWAHAHHAhA*

[-AF-]
Beta Testers
744 posts
10,061 battles

I've got the Gothic but am still playing the Gneisenau.   Originally when I finished the mission for the camo, I thought I'd hurry and push to finish the research for the Bismarck, but the 5 Epochs and Oklahoma directives have shifted my attention away from progressing further.