You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.

9 comments in this topic

Members
3 posts
2,895 battles

Since I am a Verizon customer, I took advantage of the special offer. Ever since then, as soon as I login to the game and just as my port comes comes into view, my PC completely crashes, not just the game. It was working fine before I took the offer. I also play WOT and WOW, and have absolutely no problem with either. This sucks especially since part of the perk is 30 days premium, and I can't play at all.

I tried the repair from the settings tab, and have uninstalled and reinstalled the game, but still the same result. I have also checked and updated my Nvidia drivers, and checked my computer performance ( temperature, etc.) while playing WOT, all nominal. 

Any suggestions? Otherwise, guess I will have wait until the next update, and try again. 

I firmly believe that this is somehow tied into my Verizon offer with 2 free ships, since it crashes just as my port is about to open.

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,219 posts

Open control panel, look at installed programs. If any were newly put on eliminate it.

Conversely try to capture your crash report from blue screen information or logs.

I try not to install stuff that I know nothing about, especially if such action is hurting the computer that otherwise was running fine until you took part in it.

Edited by xHeavy

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,702 posts
14,866 battles

You can try going back to an earlier graphics driver but other than that start a ticket with support.

[TIMT]
Members
1,261 posts
4,755 battles

You might wanna check the Windows Event viewer to see what exactly crashed, it might help you narrow it down:

https://www.howtogeek.com/school/using-windows-admin-tools-like-a-pro/lesson3/

But for further help we would need a bit more information, like:

1. Is it a blue screen (BSOD) with an error message, or does the computer completely freeze?

2. If it reboots, is it accompanied by a sudden freeze, error message or does it just turn off?

3. Should it bee a BSOD, please take a picture of the error message (phone, or write it down COMPLETELY).

Also, a bit more specifics about the system would be nice. It could help to look for hardware issues etc.

Good Luck!

Members
3 posts
2,895 battles
On 11/21/2020 at 2:48 PM, Navalpride33 said:

Did you install your drivers correctly ?

Yes, from the Nvidia app

[WORX]
Members
12,420 posts
19,697 battles
12 minutes ago, wackko said:

Yes, from the Nvidia app

Dont do that... DL them manually and click on erase previous version (If I remember right). Or Manual delete previous box checked.. From the manual install option

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Cool 1

Members
3 posts
2,895 battles
On 11/24/2020 at 6:44 PM, Navalpride33 said:

Dont do that... DL them manually and click on erase previous version (If I remember right). Or Manual delete previous box checked.. From the manual install option

On 11/24/2020 at 6:44 PM, Navalpride33 said:

Thanks. I did that, using a 4 month old driver, however, I'm afraid that didn't work either. My PC completely shuts down, i have to unplug and restart. No blue screen. The PC was built in 2014, and actually replaced the card in 2015.  I am afraid the video card or MB  is giving out.    Probably time to upgrade. Any suggestions?

AMD FX 8320 Vishera 4.0 GHz Eight core AM3+

1TB WD GREEN SATA3 64mb

GEFORCE GTX 960 2GB

MEMORY DDR3  8GB PC10600/1333MHz 

ASROCK 970 EXTREME 3 MB

THERMALTAKE 600W TR2

ZALMAN PERFORMA FAN

Edited by wackko

[WORX]
Members
12,420 posts
19,697 battles
7 minutes ago, wackko said:

Thanks. I did that, using a 4 month old driver, however, I'm afraid that didn't work either. My PC completely shuts down, i have to unplug and restart. No blue screen. The PC was built in 2014, and actually replaced the card in 2015.  I am afraid the video card or MB  is giving out.    Probably time to upgrade. Any suggestions?

If you have a malfunctioning component, it will show under your win system settings... Where it list every component the PC is using. 

Check for your graphics settings in windows is using the GPU card instead of the windows integrated...

https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-760-vs-Nvidia-GTX-1050-Ti/2159vs3649

Edited by Navalpride33