You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.

27 comments in this topic

[TIAR]
[TIAR]
Beta Testers
1,508 posts
22,060 battles

Hi all

When is Update 0.10.1 due? February?

9.11 is in PTS, so it should be December

I assume 0.10 will be January

@Hapa_Fodderis there official release dates?

TIA

[WORX]
Members
12,504 posts
19,722 battles
1 minute ago, barbaroja_Ar said:

is there official release dates?

None, Especially with the current world situation... It would be 12 installments a year... This year, this series maybe shortened to only 11 (cut backs in production).. We will know when the PTS version comes out in 4 weeks time.

Patch release are not official, you can tell when the new patch is coming, when the content in the current patch has been used up.

That is when the new 4 or 5 week patch drops... This year, I dont think will make it to 12... 11 For sure, 12 doubt it...

Place your bets boys and girls...

[K-POP]
Members
4,791 posts
13,162 battles

Patches have typically been four weeks long, with the occasional five week patch, either due to an update being pushed back for technical reasons or to line up with an event better. The current patch (9.10) is a five week patch. 

9.11 will release on Wednesday December 2nd (confirmed by the posted end date in the Key Battles news article), and 9.12 should be December 30th. Assuming nothing pushes back the start of the 10.0 cycle, that should be January 27th, and 10.1 on February 24th. There’s also some speculation that the servers will eventually change to update on the same day (rather than NA and RU updating on Wednesdays and EU and SEA on Thursdays) now that we’re using one client for all four. It’s definitely not happening in 9.11 since the Key Battle end date on EU is December 3rd, but in the future if they go that route I’d expect them to shift to Thursdays so EU and SEA don’t lose a day in their outgoing patch. 

30 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

None, Especially with the current world situation... It would be 12 installments a year... This year, this series maybe shortened to only 11 (cut backs in production).. We will know when the PTS version comes out in 4 weeks time.

Patch release are not official, you can tell when the new patch is coming, when the content in the current patch has been used up.

That is when the new 4 or 5 week patch drops... This year, I dont think will make it to 12... 11 For sure, 12 doubt it...

Place your bets boys and girls...

We’re 100% getting a 9.12 this development year. Not only have we had dev blogs for events in 9.12 (snowflakes and the Hizen dockyard), the current PTS session is for both 9.11 and 9.12 and the most recent developer bulletin is for both updates. The lengths might not be exactly four weeks for both (although with 9.12 being the New Years update I’d expect it to release on the 30th/31st rather than a week after the start of the new year), but we’re definitely getting both. 

Edited by MidnightPhoenix07
  • Thanks 1

[WORX]
Members
12,504 posts
19,722 battles
22 minutes ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

We’re 100% getting a 9.12 this development year.

So we are going to have 12 patches.. Only its condensed 11 with 12 time frame ..

Ok then, cool to know. :cap_cool:

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,192 posts

Well fwiw... hitting 0.10.0 is a big thing in nobody's book so I feel they should throw a small to medium party for their office staff. Speaking of... you think they are all masked up? 

[SYN]
[SYN]
Beta Testers
2,356 posts
13,555 battles

There are infinite number of X in 0.9.X they can use before they move to 0.10. The numbering is arbitrary, so is the schedule.

Edited by chewonit

Members
762 posts
14,038 battles
10 minutes ago, chewonit said:

There are infinite number of X in 0.9.X they can use before they move to 0.10. The numbering is arbitrary, so is the schedule.

Exactly this. The developer(s) can use any number they wish. They are only used to designate changes to the initial files that they, the developers, can recognize while not changing the original files. Let's say you've saved a photo to your PC and you're making some sort of changes to it. You save the original as 1 then you could easily save any changes to it as 2,3,4 onto your PC. Each one is then saved without changing the original or to the photos you've made changes to. You could have saves those as 1a, 2a, 3a or a,b,c or any other infinite variations. In other words, they could just skip 0.10  or even go to 0.9.999999999999> As for the 4 to 5-weeks between patches as well as the days those take place. Those to could always change and have in the past.  

Members
95 posts
24,600 battles
3 hours ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

Patches have typically been four weeks long, with the occasional five week patch, either due to an update being pushed back for technical reasons or to line up with an event better. The current patch (9.10) is a five week patch. 

9.11 will release on Wednesday December 2nd (confirmed by the posted end date in the Key Battles news article), and 9.12 should be December 30th. Assuming nothing pushes back the start of the 10.0 cycle, that should be January 27th, and 10.1 on February 24th. There’s also some speculation that the servers will eventually change to update on the same day (rather than NA and RU updating on Wednesdays and EU and SEA on Thursdays) now that we’re using one client for all four. It’s definitely not happening in 9.11 since the Key Battle end date on EU is December 3rd, but in the future if they go that route I’d expect them to shift to Thursdays so EU and SEA don’t lose a day in their outgoing patch. 

We’re 100% getting a 9.12 this development year. Not only have we had dev blogs for events in 9.12 (snowflakes and the Hizen dockyard), the current PTS session is for both 9.11 and 9.12 and the most recent developer bulletin is for both updates. The lengths might not be exactly four weeks for both (although with 9.12 being the New Years update I’d expect it to release on the 30th/31st rather than a week after the start of the new year), but we’re definitely getting both. 

Wouldn't a release date of 25 Nov for 9.11 line up better with Black Friday and then four weeks later for the Snowflakes?  2 December is after Black Friday and 30 Dec. misses Christmas and a lot of the holiday time off folk will have between Christmas and New Year....

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,268 posts

I need a awful lot of coal. In steel I have about 30K coal and I am closing in on 60K coal on hand grinding out the Dailies and plotting super container buys to get 3500 coal a box. I am maxed out in the steel for CB until we get out of squall and into the next level up. And get more steel. There is about 4 ships about to be taken from the coal sales soon in one of those patches and I would like to get two of them if not three then.

• Cool 1

[DW-62]
Beta Testers
222 posts
1,706 battles
30 minutes ago, xHeavy said:

I need a awful lot of coal. In steel I have about 30K coal and I am closing in on 60K coal on hand grinding out the Dailies and plotting super container buys to get 3500 coal a box. I am maxed out in the steel for CB until we get out of squall and into the next level up. And get more steel. There is about 4 ships about to be taken from the coal sales soon in one of those patches and I would like to get two of them if not three then.

Most people won't recommend converting steel to coal unless you absolutely have to. 

[HAI]
Members
206 posts
4 hours ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

so it's about 3 months from now....

[K-POP]
Members
4,791 posts
13,162 battles
4 hours ago, ShortFingerIvankaFondler said:

Wouldn't a release date of 25 Nov for 9.11 line up better with Black Friday and then four weeks later for the Snowflakes?  2 December is after Black Friday and 30 Dec. misses Christmas and a lot of the holiday time off folk will have between Christmas and New Year....

It might, but Black Friday typically doesn’t add enough stuff to the game to be a new patch. It will probably be a sub patch sometime next week to add the BF ships and crates if they’re not already in the game files, but that would be about it. Plus we know for a fact that 9.11 isn’t coming until the beginning of December based on mission and mode end dates that have already been posted online and in game.

They might try to make 9.11 a three week patch now and add the extra time to 9.12 for another five week patch so it starts right before Christmas, but a three week patch would be very unusual for them. 

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
4,494 posts
14,963 battles
On 11/21/2020 at 6:32 AM, barbaroja_Ar said:

Hi all

TIA

We do not typically release dates for specific updates, because if something needs to be worked on that date may change.

But as has been stated in the past our typical update cycle is 4 weeks long. That being said it will not be in 2020, that I am fairly confident of.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

• Thanks 2

[USN]
Members
1,479 posts
20,207 battles
On 11/21/2020 at 4:11 PM, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

They might try to make 9.11 a three week patch now and add the extra time to 9.12 for another five week patch so it starts right before Christmas, but a three week patch would be very unusual for them. 

There have been 3wk patches on the past, although most of those were during Beta testing and there hasn’t been one since 2016. But considering the only thing in 9.11 is Ranked overhaul, and 9.12 is loaded, plus the last patch of the year typically starts around Mid December (10th-18th) 9.11 might well be a 3wk patch

[FFLY]
Beta Testers
73 posts

Why even ask WG? Noting they said matches what they do

PR event proved WG will sell t10s

Yammy is up this year

I'm ready for the next meathead event for Dec

WG new the EA

Edited by CrazySOB187
  • Boring 4

[Y0L0W]
Members
321 posts
8,839 battles
2 minutes ago, CrazySOB187 said:

Why even ask WG? Noting they said matches what they do

PR event proved WG will sell t10s

Yammy is up this year

I'm ready for the next meathead event for Dec

And what exactly are you trying to prove here? WG has shown to be consistent with their patch cycles, so it looks like you're just trying to stir up drama for no reason.

[FFLY]
Beta Testers
73 posts
7 hours ago, SirPent13 said:

And what exactly are you trying to prove here? WG has shown to be consistent with their patch cycles, so it looks like you're just trying to stir up drama for no reason.

A true WG fan can t even read

• Boring 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,335 posts
17,511 battles
On 11/21/2020 at 4:32 AM, barbaroja_Ar said:

Hi all

TIA

Need to squeeze 9.12 in there.

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
3,413 posts
18,863 battles
54 minutes ago, paradat said:

Need to squeeze 9.12 in there.

It's possible 0.9.12 is in Jan.

0.9.1 was February this year.

0.8.11.1 was released in the last week of Dec 2019 IIRC.

And because the PR Dockyard went from Dec 2019 through Jan 2020, there was no 0.8.12.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,335 posts
17,511 battles
Just now, ClassicLib said:

It's possible 0.9.12 is in Jan.

0.9.1 was February this year.

0.8.11.1 was released in the last week of Dec 2019 IIRC.

And because the PR Dockyard went from Dec 2019 through Jan 2020, there was no 0.8.12.

Yeah if they go full 4 weekish patch then 9.12 would be early Jan... which I think is not likely. I think we will see a very compressed release of 9.11 and 9.12 or maybe even at the same time. They are being tested at the same time in the test server so......

[FLTF1]
Members
272 posts
7,516 battles
On 11/21/2020 at 2:30 PM, Roken1 said:

Most people won't recommend converting steel to coal unless you absolutely have to. 

Which is, if 2 days before Thunderer removing and you are, say, 10k coal short heheheh

[FLTF1]
Members
272 posts
7,516 battles
On 11/21/2020 at 10:11 AM, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

Since I believe devs are russian, we may take in account the 10-day new year holidays which take place in Russia. So, in case of uncertainty, easily add a week or 2.