Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Bill_Halsey

Does having heroic achievements lead to more base XP?

19 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

788
[TOG]
Members
4,227 posts
25,477 battles

Been wondering about that. Played a game where I got dreadnought and witherer. Ended on top of the leader board. Any opinions on it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,500
[REVY]
Members
8,261 posts
6,118 battles

I think I've gotten a detonation award and still ended on the very bottom of the xp list.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,988
[WORX]
Members
12,525 posts
19,734 battles
7 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

Been wondering about that. Played a game where I got dreadnought and witherer. Ended on top of the leader board. Any opinions on it?

Yes heroic achievements do give economic benefits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47
[SYN]
Supertester
299 posts
20,657 battles

Achievements do not award you extra XP or credit bonuses, but they do award you with signals most of the time. Your first detonation of the day in Randoms or Ranked gets you 10 anti-detonation signals, for example. Heroic achievements like Confederate and High Caliber already imply you're doing a significant amount of damage to the enemy team, so scoring well naturally follows. Other heroic achievements like Kraken Unleashed or Solo Warrior are much less dependent on the damage you deal and much more situational - you can earn these with very little real contribution to matches.

Edited by syraku

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,974 posts
43,538 battles

I have a few. The earliest one was awarded back in open Beta. Some well dressed lady with cinnamon rolls on each side of her head gave me a medal 🥇.

But the short answer is alas no.

Medals, fame, speeches, the great podium scene, the twins, that time I got knighted, and such and such. Even the money is overflowing.

But I was told something that got me good.

"If money, and all that, is all you want, then that is all you will have."

Then she stormed off with her 12 foot long lightsaber and slashed down a whole legion of stormtroopers.

Yep.

*Sighs

Edited by SteelRain_Rifleman
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34,346
[HINON]
Alpha Tester
25,068 posts
20,788 battles

Heroic achievements do not give bonus XP or credits, but you tend to get them when you do very well in game, IE when you're already getting more XP and credits. There is correlation, not causation.

Apparently I was mistaken.

Edited by Lert
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,257
[PVE]
Members
7,596 posts
23,602 battles
2 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

Yes heroic achievements do give economic benefits.

(Edit: Ignore...apparently not only do they provide bonuses but they apply hefty bonuses).

Actually the achievements only give signals...but the signals give benefits.

Back in the day the achievements were the only way to get signals so they used to have more value...but now that signals are virtually falling out of every crevice of the game they have lost most of their value but the achievements still only give signals...if that.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,988
[WORX]
Members
12,525 posts
19,734 battles
11 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Actually the achievements only give signals...but the signals give benefits.

Back in the day the achievements were the only way to get signals so they used to have more value...but now that signals are virtually falling out of every crevice of the game they have lost most of their value but the achievements still only give signals...if that.

Actually Khaos, that is why heroic achievements are not allowed in Co-op mode... The economic benefits is spiked to at least %50 when earned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,257
[PVE]
Members
7,596 posts
23,602 battles
18 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Base_Earnings

Achievements add hefty bonuses to the reward.

Any idea what the "hefty" bonus is percentage wise?

I'd always heard achievements only gave signals...that back in the day were very rare to obtain & had much greater value than today.

Is there confirmation from WG on this or is this possibly a wiki editor just assuming (no disrespect to the editors meant by that...just wondering if there's any official WG reference on it as I know WG doesn't directly edit the wiki)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,948
[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,571 posts
4,771 battles
19 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Any idea what the "hefty" bonus is percentage wise?

I'd always heard achievements only gave signals...that back in the day were very rare to obtain & had much greater value than today.

Is there confirmation from WG on this or is this possibly a wiki editor just assuming (no disrespect to the editors meant by that...just wondering if there's any official WG reference on it as I know WG doesn't directly edit the wiki)?

No idea at all. 

The text is from a paper circulated by WG.  (see the footnotes)

 

Playing mostly Co-op, I don't get achievements so can't offer experience.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,257
[PVE]
Members
7,596 posts
23,602 battles
9 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Actually Khaos, that is why heroic achievements are not allowed in Co-op mode... The economic benefits is spiked to at least %50 when earned.

Whatever the benefits may or may not be that is not why co-op mode is denied them.

How hard would it be to farm Confederate achievements in co-op? Shoot 6 ships & done (only need to take 20% off of each ship...might need 2 shots per BB in a BB heavy match...big deal). Definitely not worth the very very very very very rare to obtain signals that signals were back when achievements were 1st introduced.

Double strikes would be a simple thing to farm with a cruiser (or US DD) w/double racks on each side of the ship (I'd have speed boost signals coming out my behind for all the double strikes I have achieved in co-op just w/Atlanta w/single rack of only 3 torps on each side).

Bots are way too easy to farm certain achievements off of.

Late at night being the only human Krakens would be easy farming also when there's no humans to contend w/for the kills...not to mention Solo Warriors.

Any plane killing awards (whatever they are called nowadays) would also be easy farming in co-op...even w/the cruddy AA on most ships as bot CVs are easy to dodge attacks from in any ship in co-op.

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,988
[WORX]
Members
12,525 posts
19,734 battles
9 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Bots are way too easy to farm certain achievements off of.

 

Unfortunately, Ais are available from tier 5 and below due to lack of population in randoms... It is what it is...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,257
[PVE]
Members
7,596 posts
23,602 battles
8 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

No idea at all. 

The text is from a paper circulated by WG.  (see the footnotes)

 

Playing mostly Co-op, I don't get achievements so can't offer experience.

 

There's no footnote about the achievements & the highlighted word achievement just leads to a listing of the different achievements...that's why I was inquiring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,948
[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,571 posts
4,771 battles
3 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

There's no footnote about the achievements & the highlighted word achievement just leads to a listing of the different achievements...that's why I was inquiring.

4)  This data originated in an early WG document "The Root of All Evil". Some parts subsequently have been changed, particularly with Update 0.5.12. The release in May 2019 of the 'How It Works: Economic' video has provided more data.

It's possible that achievements no longer give bonuses, or that they have been nerfed.   But WG has never said so that I know of.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,257
[PVE]
Members
7,596 posts
23,602 battles
25 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

4)  This data originated in an early WG document "The Root of All Evil". Some parts subsequently have been changed, particularly with Update 0.5.12. The release in May 2019 of the 'How It Works: Economic' video has provided more data.

It's possible that achievements no longer give bonuses, or that they have been nerfed.   But WG has never said so that I know of.

LOL...I went & checked the 0.5.12 video & footnotes & watched the How it Works episode & totally ignored the Root of All Evil reference...guessing it was in that as it wasn't covered in the others.

Odd it says that the video provides more data as it didn't even add anything about the achievements (& was the only official WG reference I had known about before...besides the 0.5.12 update notes...but they only mentioned the new items of spotting ribbons/spotting damage/& potential damage introed at that time).

Edit: Wish there was a link to the article.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
685
[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,278 posts

Im just sad that we know nothing about XP.

I am working a combat mission where you need 1300 base XP in random or ranked. No matter what I do I cannot get to it even with the economic flags flying and so on. its frustrating.

 

I am not interested in exploiting information that helps me understand how XP is built in game. I just need to do what is necessary to achieve a certain base XP goal for missions. Or they might as well never have put that mission in for us to chase without gain or victory. That is the other problem really. A BIGGER issue. Imposing a victory concern on a ranked or random which my Win Rate is about 1 every 5 to 7 games played. What they can do instead is have it accumulate. And not impose a victory requirement. Its only 200,000 credits. Im already racking between 150K to 550K give take each Random or ranked with only about 30 to 50K in ship cost.

Edited by xHeavy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,948
[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,571 posts
4,771 battles
1 hour ago, xHeavy said:

No matter what I do I cannot get to it even with the economic flags flying and so on.

Flags and camo have no effect on base XP.  It's the great leveler.

Read this: https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Base_Earnings

Then for good measure read this: https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Economics

Edited by iDuckman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
158
[CAP]
Members
398 posts
16,872 battles

I think the achievements do give a bonus.

The best way to see this might be Aegis Runs in OPS.  I have some runs when I get Assistant and others I get Assistant plus major contributor. My total damage (190-250K) is usually very close in either situation but my base EXP can be anywhere from 1400-1900 depending on number of kills (10% BXP/Economy boost of ship). 

 

The various tiers of ships make things more complicated as well since shooting the T7 ships in the OP give more BXP than the Tier 5-6 ships.  Overall WG has made the BXP equation very complicated and doesn't disclose it as people would figure out ways to maximize it.  Though i think we already know how to maximize it (shoot the +2 tier ships as damage to them is worth a ton more than shooting an equal tier ship).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×