You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
MidwayBestWaifu

Graf Zeppelin is dying

58 comments in this topic

Members
28 posts

Graf zeppelin is a t8 premium german CV and now she is the 2nd worst t8 CV. Her bombs were nerfed so much that they now have a low hit rate, the rocket nerf was a serious nerf to her rockets. Now her only good weapons are her secondaries and torpedo bombers. even though the torps dont do that much damage they are fast wich means they can get to a destination quick, also they buffed the aiming speed of the DB's and 1 hit is most likely all the hits your gonna get with the bombs but since the AP bomb nerf GZ's bombs now only do 5800 when you hit the citadel and 2x 5800 is only 11600 potential. also when i got hits with GZ's bombs i mostly got no cits, so i think GZ's bombs getting no cits mostly is probrably a bug. also Enterprise is a t8 CV that is very effective in competitive games but her effectiveness is decreasing because she has slow TBs and DBs and graf zeppelin has crazy fast DBs and TBs so i think GZ is as good as enterprise in competitive because she has fast planes.

Edited by MidwayBestWaifu
  • Cool 3
  • Boring 2

[-BUI-]
Members
2,540 posts
6,776 battles

You aren't likely to find much support here, it crawling with anti-cv players, but yeah, GZ has been in a sorry state since the re-work, they've made a few lackluster attempts at fixing it, but nothing has worked.    The issue with the ship is what its always been, the bombs don't land where they should, this is an issue with all CVs honestly, but some are more impacted than others.    

GZ has even less reason to exist with Parseval in the game, which is superior in every meaningful way (and almost on par with meme secondaries).   

I wonder if GZ would be fixed if her DBs were changed to the super high drop angle the other Germans get...wish they'd at least test it.

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

[WORX]
Members
12,489 posts
19,722 battles

GZ dying ?? Best wake up joke i've heard this morning... No one, on the green fleet that sees a GZ on the red fleet, will see it as a dying force in the match... On the contrary...

They only handicap the GZ has is the user's aim... So in retrospect (this goes for any CV player in the current CV platform), the only limitation to the CV class..Is the player not knowing how to aim...

Once he knows how to aim, the GZ capabilities are OP AND disproportionate in DMG output.

• Sad 1
  • Boring 8
  • Meh 2

[RLGN]
Members
15,488 posts
27,194 battles

Not as far as I’m concerned.

Normal dive bombers and she doesn’t use those garbage, worthless as hell unless you’re perfectly broadside, AP rockets.

[KMS]
[KMS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,718 posts
12,517 battles

Just be happy it gives you extra credits and can train the CV captains.

[DOW]
[DOW]
Members
999 posts
33,692 battles

GZ objectively speaking is not a strong CV right now, totally agree OP. And building a CV for secondaries is oxymoronic unless it's strictly a meme.

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,436 posts
13,111 battles

My primary weapon with her has always been her torpedo bombers, which work just fine. Rockets are just anti-DD in her case, and work well enough to get a DD killed trying to avoid getting rocketed. I never understood why WG insisted on nerfing her DB's, they were nearly useless before the nerf, and WG has consistently made them worse.

If you want bad premium CV's, Indominable and Saipan.

Members
497 posts
17,117 battles

It was the worst t8 cv for a long time, then its rocket damage got nerfed, then its bomber damage got nerfed, and then 9.9.0 limited plane boost and halved its already horrific plane survivability.

It is not dying. It is dead. 

Edited by Telastyn

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,556 battles

Let it die, and if it can't get there on it's own, call me.

• Boring 1

Members
3,959 posts
43,496 battles

Enterprise, Saipan, Kaga, and Graf Zeppelin were the premiums before rework.

They were originally designed for RTS. Rework was unkind to them when they were adjusted repeatedly.

None of those CVs would have sold(in such huge numbers), if they made their debut on rework.

If you are a CV Player, what is the one thing WG would do to get you to grind a new line or play a mode to get the latest CV?

They would make it appear to be easy to use, easy to play, and create the impression that it is OP.

But you have to be careful what you wish for.🤔

[HINON]
Members
2,308 posts
22,722 battles
29 minutes ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

They were originally designed for RTS. Rework was unkind to them when they were adjusted repeatedly.

None  One of those CVs would have sold(in such huge numbers), if they  it made their  it's debut on rework

Fixed it for you, let you guess as to which of the four I'm speaking of....

Edited by Warped_1

[KILL]
Members
1,019 posts
11,536 battles

Soon as they nerf the rest of the CV's, graf should feel more in line.  Butr she needs more nerfs so, eh.  Sorry about your luck.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 1

[WOLFC]
Members
2,302 posts

People were not saying this during 1 v 1 Rank VIII last year.

Nor do they say that in Co-op

With so many ships, there is a place for anything to succeed somewhere - its up to us to find that place.

If your only way of judging a ship is your own approach to playing this game, you need to expand your horizons.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLFC]
Members
2,302 posts
1 hour ago, Telastyn said:

Really? “Awesome in co-op” is the bar now?

Really?  "Only in the style of this game that I personally  prefer"  is how little people can expand their minds now?

You think this is the only Co-op queen ship out there?  Oh please....those of us who play both know darn well there are some ships that just rule in co op but can't in the current meta of random.  Does that make them dead?  Only if your only idea of living is how you personally do so.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[HINON]
Members
8,630 posts
12,554 battles

i thought it was already dead and now restricted to being a giant floating secondary barge

[HINON]
Members
8,630 posts
12,554 battles
4 hours ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

None of those CVs would have sold(in such huge numbers), if they made their debut on rework.

If you are a CV Player, what is the one thing WG would do to get you to grind a new line or play a mode to get the latest CV?

They would make it appear to be easy to use, easy to play, and create the impression that it is OP.

But you have to be careful what you wish for.🤔

id argue that Enterprise made out like a damn bandit with the Rework, easily becoming the most OP of the CV premiums, bar none, Kaga is still ok from what ive heard, just the having T6 planes in a T8 matchmaking is a struggle but its at least got a crap ton of them on deck to make up for it, 3 full flights on deck for each plane type, Saipan and GZ are really the only 2 out of the 4 you listed that got ganked by the Rework

Remember, all but one of those CVs are still in the premium shop, and that one is Enterprise, theres a reason for that

Edited by tcbaker777

[SYN]
Supertester
299 posts
20,654 battles

I still don't quite understand why Graf Zeppelin has noticeably worse concealment than the two hullclones that came after her - both Parseval and Loewenhardt are quite closely related to Graf Zeppelin's design (the former being an improved design eschewing the heavy 150mm guns and going for diesel propulsion and the latter being a representation of an earlier form of GZ herself), both have the same concealment stats and all three have the same model height. At least a concealment buff would let GZ use her meme secondaries more often. Her TBs still do work but the AP bombers are just sad, especially when Loewenhardt proves that a circle-shaped DB reticle actually works when it's small enough.