You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Snargfargle

Here's something you don't see every day

11 comments in this topic

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
14,061 posts

I was doing a speed test in the Training Room, When I was done I decided to finish off the training ship. To my surprise I found it attached to the side of a mountain. They need to rename that ship the "Limpet."

shot-20_11.20_12_12.52-0072.thumb.jpg.33104a1932bc9516674255efd404517e.jpg

You couldn't hit it either.

shot-20_11.20_12_14.24-0602.thumb.jpg.e093c3f65a2f2f0a396b76e2775d090a.jpg

20201120_120625_PASC020-Des-Moines-1948_10_NE_big_race.wowsreplay

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Funny 2

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
14,061 posts
Just now, WaywardVariable said:

Huge magnetite deposits on that island, break out the mining gear! :Smile_teethhappy:

The ship itself would be a pretty big resource deposit. It's funny that some people wonder why old ships are scrapped when they essentially are floating steel mines.

[TOG]
Members
4,222 posts
25,336 battles
6 minutes ago, WaywardVariable said:

Huge magnetite deposits on that island, break out the mining gear! :Smile_teethhappy:

That or they used a lot of gorilla glue!

[AAA]
Members
197 posts
19,815 battles
10 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

The ship itself would be a pretty big resource deposit. It's funny that some people wonder why old ships are scrapped when they essentially are floating steel mines.

Plus lots of copper

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,211 posts

Speaking of which...

When you enter a special Hospital for scanning cancers and other internal of humans with extreme nuclear medicine, take a look at the walls, ceiling and floors. You will find that is a form of metal not usually found or made post 1945. When the German High Seas Fleet was sunk at surrender in the end of WW1 eventually it was discovered their steel hulls were pre 1945 metal without nuclear radiation that is from atomic and post nuclear bomb testing after 1945. So we harvested quite a bit of their metal already to be used specifically to build special spaces inside hospitals where modern scanners can work without being contaminated by radiation found in post 1945 modern steels.

It was a little difficult to condense how valuable that old pre1945 metals really are. SO we harvest them where possible. (Not wargraves that I know of.)

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,502 posts
4,771 battles
1 hour ago, Snargfargle said:

side of a mountain

You were otherwise occupied so you didn't see an ark sail by. 

"Right!

"What's a cubit?"

[GWG]
Members
7,358 posts
14,119 battles
3 hours ago, xHeavy said:

Speaking of which...

When you enter a special Hospital for scanning cancers and other internal of humans with extreme nuclear medicine, take a look at the walls, ceiling and floors. You will find that is a form of metal not usually found or made post 1945. When the German High Seas Fleet was sunk at surrender in the end of WW1 eventually it was discovered their steel hulls were pre 1945 metal without nuclear radiation that is from atomic and post nuclear bomb testing after 1945. So we harvested quite a bit of their metal already to be used specifically to build special spaces inside hospitals where modern scanners can work without being contaminated by radiation found in post 1945 modern steels.

It was a little difficult to condense how valuable that old pre1945 metals really are. SO we harvest them where possible. (Not wargraves that I know of.)

It's not that the ships were made before 1945, it's that they were SUNK before they could be contaminated.  You can't say the same for Nagato or Prinz Eugan.

The large clouds of contamination came from 1) Nuclear Tests, 2) Chernobyl,  3) Uranium Mining waste, and the worst contributor to atmospheric background radiation -- (surprise) Strip Mining for Coal.

----

Turns out the layers of coal are made of extremophile fungus that thrives on radiation.  All of the major coal deposits cover large Uranium deposits.  The Uranium came from meteor impacts and/or eruptions from Earth's planetary core in the Davonian Period.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cladosporium_sphaerospermum
The Fungus grew and thrived in this intense radiation until it was many feet thick.  Then after enough was being absorbed by the fungus, it was covered in vegetation.  But nothing could eat this highly radioactive fungus.  So it built up in successive layers.

Until Humans came along with their drag lines.

The Uranium has stabilized over the Millions of years, but it's still there, spewing toxic Radon and other radioactive byproducts.
Turns out that coal was absorbing and protecting us from that....   Now what?