You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
12th_thirstytom

2020 WAS BAD, LETS MAKE 2021 BETTER

6 comments in this topic

Members
61 posts

going to start with negatives and move to postives!

1]matchmaker- horrible does not work, survey the player base they will ALL agree! Game is so mismatched I play alot and see only a couple good games a day where teams were even and played well!

2] Join the rest of the world as far as hackers go, they exist and are all through your game servers! nothing is unhackable! Be honest and fix this [edited] finally admitted this you need to as well! Put in a anti cheat system!

3] Be honest and no more deceiving- Puerto Rico- enough said!

4] Cv's are way over powered, it is true, you know it so do we! Stop being Russian and be businessmen and fix this huge imbalance! Why create turmoil, cause that is what you're doing!

1] graphics are incredible, such a nice job!

2]Audio is very realistic, great sound, very believable!

3]Dasha is beautiful...lol

4] Ship models...excellent 

5] maps are beautiful, scale is off though

6] environment is really well done, love the storms ect!

suggestions] Make trees and such on landmasses and islands flammable, houses as well, so you can start your own smoke screen! Also once it is burned it is done so use like a commodity!

night maps and running lights and spot lights on ships , flares ect!

people on the ships, when you sink a ship people in water! 

repair ships, sole purpose to repair other ships! could even be bot!

• Haha 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 4

Members
654 posts
220 battles
29 minutes ago, 12th_thirstytom said:

1.  Example please.   Most games I have been in are very balanced.  e.g. same number of ships on both sides.  Equal number of same tier ships on both teams, same number of BB, cruisers and DD's.  I have seen a few games with only 1 DD across both teams, but those are very rare.

2.  The biggest cheats are already in game.  e.g. a captain skill that lets you know how many have you in the sites.  What other cheats are you concerned about?  CV's?

3.  PR event was almost a year ago.  Move on, I believe everyone else has.

4.  Yes, that is why they are limited (lol) to one per team (at tier 6+).  Having an limit on these is recognition from WG that they OP.  What is your point?  

etc etc blah blah

People on ships will never (lol) happen, as it will change the game if people are killed.

Repair ships are in the operations mode, and yes they are bots. 

• Thanks 1

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,750 posts
4,272 battles
56 minutes ago, 12th_thirstytom said:

1]matchmaker- horrible does not work, survey the player base they will ALL agree! Game is so mismatched I play alot and see only a couple good games a day where teams were even and played well!

I don't, MM is fine.

2] Join the rest of the world as far as hackers go, they exist and are all through your game servers! nothing is unhackable! Be honest and fix this [edited] finally admitted this you need to as well! Put in a anti cheat system!

In 4000 games over 4 years I have yet to see anything that remotely looked like serverside hacking or even heard of a legitimately suspicious claim. Client side cheats are a thing, but WG has a very enthusiastic anti-cheat system for that. So it's not a problem and there is an anticheat.

I think they learned their lesson with PR, but profit is still pretty clearly the driving force and don't expect that to change.

4] Cv's are way over powered, it is true, you know it so do we! Stop being Russian and be businessmen and fix this huge imbalance! Why create turmoil, cause that is what you're doing!

It's not so much that CVs are OP (though some of them definitely are), it's that they are zero fun to play against because there is no real counterplay. But I agree, CVs and AA need another rework. I doubt we're going to see that though, WG thinks it's all "fine."

1] graphics are incredible, such a nice job!

2]Audio is very realistic, great sound, very believable!

3]Dasha is beautiful...lol

4] Ship models...excellent 

5] maps are beautiful, scale is off though

6] environment is really well done, love the storms ect!

Don't disagree here, though IMO storms could be a bit more interesting.

suggestions] Make trees and such on landmasses and islands flammable, houses as well, so you can start your own smoke screen! Also once it is burned it is done so use like a commodity!

Interactive scenery, while fun, is a lot of work for no gameplay improvement, and also would probably cause a significant increase in resources needed to render the maps. While a good idea, I believe there are too many practical downsides.

Night battles, definitely yes.

People no, again an unnecessary graphics load, and people on the ship in battle means people dying in the battle. We don't need that, and it causes issues with the game's rating.

Repair ships: We play to sink stuff, no one would want to play them, they're just easy targets, and they're not needed. Leave them in operations.

And you forget the biggest thing about 2021: Submarines Are Coming

Edited by AJTP89
  • Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
12,504 posts
19,722 battles
3 minutes ago, 12th_thirstytom said:

good thing you guys are just trolls and what you think means squat! I was sending a message to wow not you guys who live at the bottom of the swamp

We can do the same... They do take feedback from everyone not just one/you. So here is my feedback..

8 hours ago, 12th_thirstytom said:

]matchmaker- horrible does not work, survey the player base they will ALL agree! Game is so mismatched I play alot and see only a couple good games a day where teams were even and played well!

1. MM is fine, its the fall guy... Power creep and the steady decline of the player base are the root cause of problem... Not MM.
  2. Under the privacy clause of the TOS/EULA... That information is not meant to be public...
    • Hackers exist, but at least in WOWS... Their participation is moot, hacking dont give you wins... They do make your states look good, so good in fact, its noticeable your using a program to correct your  human fallacy aim.
  3. If it deceived you, then you're in the minority...
  4. CV are more on the disproportionate on the DMG output... The number one issue here is
    • AA mech.
      • I would add. CVs have one OP aspect in which I would agree on... Either have OP planes or OP ship board ordnance, you cant have both...

Right now, WOWS are working on a bunch of projects that were "suppose" to come out for 2020... Iam assuming same will make it into the 0.10 patch series..

I noted them here. (replay #16)

Just dont count on  these projects making it to the live server.

Members
45 posts
On 11/20/2020 at 9:14 AM, 12th_thirstytom said:

WG has done stuff to rile us up in the past but those have largely been aimed at pricing and game decisions. I don't think they want to add a discussion about the ethics of encouraging players to deliberately shell the unsuspecting towns on maps for game play benefits to that list of stuff. In terms of the game rendering it, this is a feature best suited to console versions as with console v console, as there isn't much difference in their capabilities. However in PC v PC, one person might be on budget laptop and the other on a $1500 pc. Adding extra effects will put players with cheaper stock rigs at a disadvantage since they can't process all of these elements effectively. Same thing goes for people in the water. More things to animate and process which could have a negative effect on cheaper computer's performance.

Now if WG were to add crews floating in the water after a ship sinks, there should be a benefit to an ally picking them up either in the immediate performance of the ship or in the post battle economics.

Edit: If ally, it should be a boost to damage control cool down, and priority AA sector timing. If enemy, you should get a bounty of some sort. Gives both sides an incentive to pick up stranded crews.

Edited by Panzer_Mac_W126
Needed to add something.