You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

Premium Shop: Bismarck in the Gothic Camouflage

38 comments in this topic

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
4,462 posts
14,934 battles

Adorn the most famous German battleship in a new permanent camouflage!

Read it on the portal

[WOLFG]
Members
670 posts
14,260 battles

Best thing about that Gothic camo is the horn. Thought it was cool when I got it through those missions.

Members
1,853 posts
27,408 battles

The worst part of this camo sale is if I don it (having earned it through the mission set) I may be mistaken for a sap that paid $$ for it..... I guess I'll stick to the other perma-camo  I have for Bizzy and avoid that shame.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[-Y-]
Members
843 posts
61 battles
1 hour ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Adorn the most famous German battleship in a new permanent camouflage!

Read it on the portal

are we allowed to discuss this on the forum? 

3.19. Discussion of social, religious, political, illegal or other controversial topics that may create offense is prohibited. This includes but is not limited to negative portrayal of religious and political figures.https://legal.na.wargaming.net/en/game-rules-wows/

I'd have thought the idea of bombing cathedrals would fall under "offensive" matter, both political and religious.

Such a short time after Remembrance Day.

(but then, this wouldn't be the first time you guys contradict yourselves).

• Boring 2
  • Meh 4

Members
64 posts
1,792 battles
8 minutes ago, theLaalaa said:

The worst part of this camo sale is if I don it (having earned it through the mission set) I may be mistaken for a sap that paid $$ for it..... I guess I'll stick to the other perma-camo  I have for Bizzy and avoid that shame.

I like to Use perma-camos like that to make it seem like I have money even though I am a F2P player on almost every game I play. Also if a camo gives you rewards at the end of battles that no other camos can give you, I say you use them.

• Cool 2

[NOKAP]
Members
375 posts
16,131 battles
1 hour ago, theLaalaa said:

I rather have paid the 19.99 as rather disliked the grind to get the gothic camo

• Cool 1

[WOLF4]
Members
281 posts
9,777 battles
3 hours ago, hateboat said:

I'd have thought the idea of bombing cathedrals would fall under "offensive" matter, both political and religious.

Such a short time after Remembrance Day.

(but then, this wouldn't be the first time you guys contradict yourselves).

Username checks out, lol 

I guess gothic architecture = cathedral building? Not hitching on that thought train any further.

Seems like a whole lot of unpacking in that statement needs done, including the gaslighting demeanor. 

Edited by ZaCLoNe
  • Confused 1

[-Y-]
Members
843 posts
61 battles
22 minutes ago, ZaCLoNe said:

Username checks out, lol 

I guess gothic architecture = cathedral building? Not hitching on that thought train any further.

Seems like a whole lot of unpacking in that statement needs done, including the gaslighting demeanor. 

Gothic architecture and religion are inextricably linked. Not least because most significant examples of Gothic architecture have been of religious edifices, while much of the inspiration for Gothic style was religious.  I don't pretend that Gothic architecture has only been used for religious purposes, but that is where the origin of it lies. Yes we can find other civil, generally minor, examples.

Spoiler

1024px-Hildesheim_Rathaus_2012-02.jpg

But i am not sure we can discuss this on this forum, hence my question 

3 hours ago, hateboat said:

In any case, using a very civilian architectural style which is reminiscent of a Cathedral on a famous warship is eminently questionable (for all that know their history), even as WG has poppy/remembrance day items on sale in their online shop.

Examples of Gothic in military architecture do exist, but the end result of form and function means that Gothic is transcribed in a very different manner, and you can see that WG, quite clearly, was not inspired by Military Gothic for this latest Bismarck camo

image.png.1cc459f1a422a26cd767836d409a1b1b.png

as for gaslighting, if you accuse me of questioning the sense of WG's decision to commercialize this camo, at this time, you would be correct.

But, I could not possibly be gaslighting you or any other individual on this topic, as I simply did not know your views (or anyone elses) before asking the question, i.e I could not deliberately seek to destabilize opinions I did not know you held.

Glad you appreciate my username.

Edited by hateboat
  • Cool 1

[CRF]
Members
946 posts
8,911 battles

But why is there a duck on the prow of the Bissy in this camo - at least it looks like a duck to me form certain angles....

[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,863 posts
16,756 battles
4 hours ago, Colonel_Potter said:

Best thing about that Gothic camo is the horn. Thought it was cool when I got it through those missions.

missions? when did this happen? been playing all year and haven't seen any missions for this camo? was this a twitch event or something?:Smile_unsure:

[WOLFG]
Members
670 posts
14,260 battles
17 minutes ago, BladedPheonix said:

missions? when did this happen? been playing all year and haven't seen any missions for this camo? was this a twitch event or something?:Smile_unsure:

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/twitch/stream-rewards-099/

• Cool 1

[TFFOX]
Members
1,063 posts
2,537 battles
5 hours ago, Colonel_Potter said:

Best thing about that Gothic camo is the horn.

Wut horn? i played with my clanmates last night and one of them told me that by pressing "N" you could blow your horn, but i held it for like 30 secs and it didn't blow

[WOLFG]
Members
670 posts
14,260 battles
1 minute ago, AdmiralFox08 said:

Wut horn? i played with my clanmates last night and one of them told me that by pressing "N" you could blow your horn, but i held it for like 30 secs and it didn't blow

I think you have to have them enabled in the sound settings if I remember right.

• Cool 1

Banned
1,424 posts
6,083 battles

@Hapa_Fodder

Why didn't the 128mm guns got the same textures as the rest of the ship?

Do you intend to let us equip this camo on Bismarck's sister ship?

• Cool 1

[TFFOX]
Members
1,063 posts
2,537 battles
Just now, Colonel_Potter said:

I think you have to have them enabled in the sound settings if I remember right.

thanks! gonna go enable that later when i can go and play some 'ships

[TCNNA]
Members
23 posts
4,206 battles

this is kind of a low blow to people who slaved hard to grind out the mission for this camo. then again it also allows for people who didnt get a chance to get it from twitch to get it now...

• Cool 2

[WOLF4]
Members
281 posts
9,777 battles
4 hours ago, hateboat said:

Gothic architecture and religion are inextricably linked. Not least because most significant examples of Gothic architecture have been of religious edifices, while much of the inspiration for Gothic style was religious.  I don't pretend that Gothic architecture has only been used for religious purposes, but that is where the origin of it lies. Yes we can find other civil, generally minor, examples.

Hide contents

1024px-Hildesheim_Rathaus_2012-02.jpg

But i am not sure we can discuss this on this forum, hence my question 

In any case, using a very civilian architectural style which is reminiscent of a Cathedral on a famous warship is eminently questionable (for all that know their history), even as WG has poppy/remembrance day items on sale in their online shop.

Examples of Gothic in military architecture do exist, but the end result of form and function means that Gothic is transcribed in a very different manner, and you can see that WG, quite clearly, was not inspired by Military Gothic for this latest Bismarck camo

image.png.1cc459f1a422a26cd767836d409a1b1b.png

as for gaslighting, if you accuse me of questioning the sense of WG's decision to commercialize this camo, at this time, you would be correct.

But, I could not possibly be gaslighting you or any other individual on this topic, as I simply did not know your views (or anyone elses) before asking the question, i.e I could not deliberately seek to destabilize opinions I did not know you held.

Glad you appreciate my username.

Thanks for the unpacking!

[T_O_P]
Members
497 posts
2 hours ago, cplchanb said:

this is kind of a low blow to people who slaved hard to grind out the mission for this camo. then again it also allows for people who didn't get a chance to get it from twitch to get it now...

exactly. I almost missed it when it was for missions.

Edited by Hammer_n_Sickle

Members
3,952 posts
43,402 battles
6 hours ago, sonoasailor said:

But why is there a duck on the prow of the Bissy in this camo - at least it looks like a duck to me form certain angles....

Actually, it's a turkey 🦃.

• Funny 1

Members
3,952 posts
43,402 battles

If it came with a Goth loli vampire waifu captain, then WG might have had me somewhat intrigued.

I said somewhat. The turkey bow kind of makes me laugh.

If you want this camo to gobble up the competition with gothic style then I guess it's just the right one for you.

But I still think it looks like a house 🏡 bote for a certain kind of leader.

Turkey 🦃 Leader.

[CRF]
Members
946 posts
8,911 battles

Turkey or duck - people want to know!!!  (but it doesn't have a wattle)

image.png.2cb9019328908869c8e333b7eb499d35.png

Edited by sonoasailor
  • Cool 1