Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
TheBishop

colbert way to powerful

24 comments in this topic

[TKOV]
Members
232 posts

so a colbert can take down a t10 bb solo?  just sat there and spammed he at me.  could NEVER put out fire.  as soon as i put them out, 4 more appear.  he can juke my shots, and i am slow to reload, mean while the he never stops.  the dude just followed me around the map, got NO HELP from any team mates, and i went from full strength to sunk in about 3 minutes, from fire alone.  the shells were doing MAY BE 500 1300 per hit, but fire was ridiculous.  when are you people gonna reduce fire?

it is absolutely stupid.

replies turned off, just fix the it!!

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 4
  • Meh 3

Alpha Tester
6,632 posts
3,333 battles

Sounds like you used your Damage Control on just one fire, which is pretty much the cardinal sin of playing BBs.

• Cool 2

[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
Members
1,399 posts
20,371 battles

Colbert is incredibly fragile, you just need to land one shell to take half his hp.

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,206 posts
22,715 battles
49 minutes ago, 1Sherman said:

Sounds like you used your Damage Control on just one fire, which is pretty much the cardinal sin of playing BBs.

BB players freak out with the number of shells landing from Colbert (and Atlanta, Flint, Smolensk) and DC the first fire. Bad move for sure!

20 minutes ago, Cit_the_bed said:

Colbert is incredibly fragile, you just need to land one shell to take half his hp.

Very true! Hit Colbert with one shell and she usually goes dark to reposition before trying again. Ya just got to hit here while she is juking under engine boost!

[WG]
Administrator, Developers
1,789 posts
10,844 battles

Any of the rapid fire CLs can make quick work of ANY target. Learning to disengage and not get drawn into a DPS battle is the key for battleships to survive.

Colbert, Smolensk, Worcester, and Zao all are lightly armored so a well placed shell or salvo = the end of CL rain of fire.

"One hundred rounds do not constitute fire power. One hit constitutes fire power." - Edson Merritt, United States Marine Corps

#anchorsaweigh

[SPTR]
Members
27,259 posts
17,453 battles

please don't ever change how you play your BB, I love farming shell hit ribbons, fires and damage on BB players like you with my Colbert. :cap_popcorn:

• Haha 1

Alpha Tester
6,632 posts
3,333 battles
18 hours ago, TheBishop said:

If you can't take the heat, get out of the fire.

Oh wait...

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
5,202 posts
12,101 battles
20 hours ago, Gneisenau013 said:

Any of the rapid fire CLs can make quick work of ANY target. Learning to disengage and not get drawn into a DPS battle is the key for battleships to survive.

Colbert, Smolensk, Worcester, and Zao all are lightly armored so a well placed shell or salvo = the end of CL rain of fire.

And the points Wargaming seems to be missing in these cases are -

• Some BB's can't disengage even if they want to due to speed, agility, or range.
  • Even if BB's don't want the DPS battle - the battle is forced upon them
  • 'they are lightly armoured so well placed salvo' - your first problem, especially when you want to throw Wor and the other USN 8+ CL in to the mix is simple - THEY DO IT WHILE HIDING BEHIND ISLANDS BATTLESHIPS CAN'T SHOOT OVER EVEN IF THEY ARE SPOTTED. The second, I say from experience melting Republique, Yamato, and Montana in open water before you buffed 8+ IFHE in Cleveland - is that most of us who play the high rate of fire CL's - aren't stupid enough to GIVE the battleship players a well placed shot so they can remove us from the game. Were just far enough broadside to have every gun fire, and then as or before they fire their main battery hide the citadel again dodging the fire entirely or usually, at most, maybe eating a couple over pens or a normal pen. 
  • The 4th, that was literally taught in game design 101 - is that you do not make something good against everything. Unless I missed Colbert's 127 mm guns having high enough pen with or without IFHE to damage more than BB superstructure - yeah, that one is on the BB player - cause that Colbert had to actually aim for a specific portion or else nothing but shatters. Though part of the issue here seems to be a long standing one we have been on you people about since alpha testing - fires. And so far, you have nerfed the damage fire does to every ship type - except BB's. And against high rate of fire ships, even if you save DCP for 2-3 fires, right after it's done they can start 2-3 more and unless your in specific premiums - you have to wait 80 seconds to put them back out again - by which point they've likely fully burned away your HP - which for your average, non survivability build captain because hey, maybe people don't want to be forced in to only one build because of freaking fires, is 26-42% of HP gone PLUS any penetration damage that started or happened during the fires. And if the 'BuT FirEs cAn be FuLLy HealED' crowd would actually pay attention and do math - they'd know that anything without zombie heal heals only heals about the same 14% that the average ship takes in fire damage without flags, or an additional 2.8% with the flags that maybe makes up for the 50% of pen damage they take starting the fire if not while it burns. Or to simplify that for people - 1 fire = 1 repair on average. And the repair lasts 28 seconds, on an 80 second cooldown, again, unless you have the right premium ship - meaning that it takes 108 seconds to be able to repair the second fire you had burning, and 216 for the third - and this only becomes fully healed - if you can go more than 5 minutes without taking hits - which brings us back to point one on inability to disengage due to speed, agility or range. And when you consider an average base fire chance of 7% per round and it only takes 22 seconds to fire off a hundred on Colbert - not hard to see where they might start a lot of fires in that 80 seconds it takes DCP to cool down, and the 108 seconds between repair party uses. And that does not get in to the 152-155 mm CL's that can autopen bow, stern and in cases even deck armour - ramping up the damage even faster due to the much higher pen rate, and the fact that Cleveland, Seattle, and Worcester, even with a 50% penalty on fires - still basically have the same fire chance as Colbert, and in the case of Worcester - damn near the same rate of fire.

The 'they are flimsy, just nuke them with big guns' argument barely held up when the game first launched because back then - Cleveland and the like had to hit BB superstructure, only Des Moines caused issue with it's high RoF 203 mm guns auto-pening things with HE, the big issue was fire being inconsistent but hey - cruisers were meant to have an uphill fight vs a BB, because DD's or other BB's were meant to deal with BB's - while cruisers were meant to deal with DD's and other cruisers. With IFHE - that's not the case - your not trying to aim over the guns and possible armour on the conning tower- your just aiming for the easier to hit bow to ramp up pen damage maybe changing if you start a fire. And your only about being nuked if your actually in open water, and odds are, you aren't dumb enough to let a BB get a solid hit on you every 30 seconds, let alone a citadel hit. 

The amount of damage they can do, in a very short time, even without fires, is too damn high, let alone with fires, and let alone if more than one ship is attacking the same ship. So either you guys need to get rid of the IFHE auto-pen nonsense so BB armour actually has a purpose again, lower the CD on repair party and DCP, reduce how much damage fires cause to Battleships to either 12 or 15% per fire base line, or some combination of those. Unless you want to decrease the dispersion and/or reload times of battleships so that they can more precisely and frequently target the faster, smaller target trying to evade us while pelting us with rounds in areas that they automatically beat their armour to get these well placed shells or salvo's or to alter the shell trajectory on either side so that islands are no longer a safe to place to hide and just bombard ships while being untouched which I'm pretty sure those options both the Dev's and player base would find less palatable. 

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Meh 1

[AP]
Members
1,373 posts
18,986 battles

colbert is incredibly hard to aim...........get one and you'll see

22 hours ago, Gneisenau013 said:

except zao has like.........half of the other 3's DPM?

SuperTest Coordinator, Beta Testers
6,744 posts
12,356 battles

Why is it acceptable for a T10 BB to take out a cruiser solo but not the opposite? It’s Rock Paper Scissors relationships but nothing stops the weaker paradigm from outplaying.

• Cool 2

Members
335 posts
18,457 battles

On 11/20/2020 at 2:37 AM, TheBishop said:

it is absolutely stupid.

What is stupid and what should be fixed?

You dont even have fire prevention. What you would expect? :fish_glass:

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
25,068 posts
20,788 battles
20 hours ago, Compassghost said:

Why is it acceptable for a T10 BB to take out a cruiser solo

Often in one or two salvos even.

• Cool 1

[SCREW]
Members
431 posts
19,049 battles

You aren't serious. Lol. Y'all bitched and moaned and cried about how cruisers were getting deleted too easily by BBs because they were playing stupidly, and WG gave in and made it harder to kill y'all. Now when BBs complain that cruisers are doing way too much damage for what they are, it's somehow the BBs players fault? No, [edited] that. Either remove the citadel overpen mechanic or make cruisers do less damage. Remove the ability to set fires on saturated parts of the ship. Make the superstructure count for less of the ships total hp, and make overpens in saturated areas count for no damage. This whole game is constantly being skewed against large ships. It was just recently announced that the only two DDs that are still capable of taking full damage from Battleship AP no longer will. Somehow this is balance. The IF HE nerf was a step in the right direction as far as balance between ship types goes, but it definitely needed to go further than that. 

[PVE]
Members
7,596 posts
23,602 battles

"But the cruiser was hiding behind an island..."

Which means there was other islands for you to do the same...like that 1 you just passed...at full speed ahead...instead of checking to see if it was safe to come out & play.

Edit:.Been there...done that...understand your pain.

Also understand the full speed ahead approach to playing because I hate to camp...but being prepared to turn & kite back to that island (or have another to charge forward to) if necessary should be taken into consideration before you get too far past it.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[-SOR-]
[-SOR-]
Members
122 posts
7,268 battles
On 11/19/2020 at 11:37 PM, TheBishop said:

got NO HELP from any team mates

it is absolutely stupid.

I truncated this message to highlight the important elements.

Bad teammates need fixed, the sooner the better!

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
25,068 posts
20,788 battles
1 minute ago, Solis_Obscuri said:

I truncated this message to highlight the important elements.

Bad teammates need fixed, the sooner the better!

It's funny to me that these kinds of complaints you highlighted tend to come from people who demand their team support them but refuse to play support to their team.

• Cool 1

[-SOR-]
[-SOR-]
Members
122 posts
7,268 battles
25 minutes ago, Lert said:

It's funny to me that these kinds of complaints you highlighted tend to come from people who demand their team support them but refuse to play support to their team.

It's inexplicable, really.

[USN]
Members
1,481 posts
20,231 battles

a colbert can take down a t10 bb solo?

If the T10 BB is incompetent, yes

as soon as i put them out, 4 more appear.

Consumable Management and Fire Prevention

he can juke my shots,

Watch how he dodges your first shots, then adjust accordingly 

the dude just followed me around the map, got NO HELP from any team mates, and i went from full strength to sunk in about 3 minutes, from fire alone

1: are your teammates actually potatoes, or are they smart enough to know that pushing into a kiting HE spammer is a horrible idea?

2: the only T10 BB I can think of that could be single handily sunk by a Colbert in 3min is Bourgogne, but it seems clear you do not have that ship, so I suspect that Colbert had help

just fix the it!!

If you mean Colbert, then yes, please buff the weakest T10 cruiser. Although it might be the BB player who needs to be fixed.

May the Lord have mercy on you when you meet an actually OP HE spammer like Haragumo or Worcester

[FDK]
Members
7 posts
5,084 battles

Colbert still available to check out or is it discontinued? I don't see it in the premium shop.

[SPTR]
Members
27,259 posts
17,453 battles
On 11/24/2020 at 9:04 AM, 12Axes said:

Colbert still available to check out or is it discontinued? I don't see it in the premium shop.

Its avaliable in the Research Bureau not prem shop 

[LOST]
Members
10 posts
3,949 battles

so a colbert can take down a t10 bb solo?  just sat there and spammed he at me.  could NEVER put out fire.  as soon as i put them out, 4 more appear.  he can juke my shots, and i am slow to reload, mean while the he never stops.  the dude just followed me around the map, got NO HELP from any team mates, and i went from full strength to sunk in about 3 minutes, from fire alone.  the shells were doing MAY BE 500 1300 per hit, but fire was ridiculous.  when are you people gonna reduce fire?

it is absolutely stupid.

even with a double flood for 3 minutes you will not die so the foundation of your argument is a lie. good day.

Sign in to follow this