Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
HomTanks87

Clan Battles MM

9 comments in this topic

[NOCAP]
Members
12 posts
13,671 battles

Is there some place I can see exactly how the clan battles MM is supposed to work? I decided to help a low rated group try to get to typhoon and most of the teams we get matched with have significantly higher ratings than we do. We played against several typhoon/hurricane teams before we even got into storm. Once we got into storm, we were matched with even more hurricane teams. Today, we were matched against O7's tag at the top of hurricane while we were still in storm.

I can understand getting matched against those teams if it was just their second tag that they neglected and they were just starting to work it up, but that's not what a lot of the matches were. Almost none of the games we've had were against teams rated lower than us at the time, not even remotely close to a 50/50 balance. It seems like MM is going by something other than just the tag's rating. I doubt they're including the stats of the individual players, so the only thing I can think of that might be influencing it is the clan's rating at the end of the previous season. My current group's tag finished last season somewhere in typhoon, so the MM we've been seeing this season would make a lot more sense if the MM actually is factoring in the previous season's result.

I'm just trying to understand the logic of it.

[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
Members
1,366 posts
20,310 battles

Very few playing anymore, keep running into much better teams even in bravo.

Hasn't been a very fun season as it's a struggle to get 7 people these days.

[WORX]
Members
12,418 posts
19,686 battles
31 minutes ago, HomTanks87 said:

s there some place I can see exactly how the clan battles MM is supposed to work?

Its the same as for example DIV MM for regular Random Battle... The difference is

• Low population
    • And
  • Those who remain, are probably the diehards  "we will not leave until hell freezes over"

These two factors will only intensify over time... The stake to the hard for CB will be

• Having extra long PTS wait times in queue...

No matter how you sweeten the rewards... The trend is looking down steadily for the about factors mentioned.

[BUOY]
Members
1,165 posts
15,948 battles

When it comes to CB end results, the higher division's rank will be displayed, so if for example O7's Bravo div is Squall while Alpha is on Hurricane, but they switch to Bravo they'll get Squall MM while the end result will show their purple Alpha status. But AFAICT the MM will only you with divs that are technically within the proper range.

Unfortunately for this late in the season, most of the true Squall / Gale clans have packed it up and those tiers MM are populated by Storm+ clans using their off div to either try new comps / strats / tired of high tier MM... or farming FXP/CXP and such.

As for this season, it's heads and tails better than the [edited] of the 'Venezia' and 'Graf Spee' seasons and honestly more fun than even some of the seasons before that. Mercs have definitely helped fill out the occasional 6 man roster and worked pretty well usually.

[BLEP]
Members
558 posts
12,448 battles
3 hours ago, Cit_the_bed said:

Very few playing anymore, keep running into much better teams even in bravo.

Hasn't been a very fun season as it's a struggle to get 7 people these days.

1- CV and Cyclones are a good part of the reason. Cyclones would be fine if CV were not in, but combine the two and the CV becomes even more powerful. They have driven many away from clan battles. CV spotting has ruined any type of tactics.

Edited by Primal__Fear
  • Cool 4
  • Meh 1

[OO7]
Members
639 posts
7,940 battles

Very few people play clan battles now, active clans are declining, and those that remains have less interest in clan battles.  Some nights, the pool of clans you can match against is very small

• Cool 5

[NOCAP]
Members
12 posts
13,671 battles

All the responses are pretty much what I already expected. I still don't see why the MM would have a storm team play against a team at the top end of hurricane while on their hurricane 100+ tag. It's more than a 400 point difference. When that game started, I even asked them where their tag was at the time just to confirm that it wasn't a low rated second tag they were using. They were just as surprised as I was that MM had us playing each other.

I guess the good part is that we don't have to wait more than about a minute to get a game (much better than the first clan brawl, wait time ended up being about 27min). It's just annoying having MM throw hurricane teams at you again and again when you're just trying to help a few people get some storm steel and a little bit of premium time.

Members
1,466 posts
7,125 battles
20 hours ago, Primal__Fear said:

1- CV and Cyclones are a good part of the reason. Cyclones would be fine if CV were not in, but combine the two and the CV becomes even more powerful. They have driven many away from clan battles. CV spotting has ruined any type of tactics.

16 hours ago, mixmkz said:

Very few people play clan battles now, active clans are declining, and those that remains have less interest in clan battles.  Some nights, the pool of clans you can match against is very small

The people I know in clans have pretty much said the same thing the two of you are saying. So I guess I would have to say I agree with you. 

• Cool 3

Sign in to follow this