Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Shadow_Wolf7

ARP Kirishima Combat Missions and Reward

15 comments in this topic

[T3I0F]
Members
73 posts
3,244 battles

So just finished these combat missions and was confused with what the reward was. Is it supposed to be a captain named "ARP Kirishima" or a ship "ARP Kirishima" or both? Just got the captain and was kind of bummed but if that is what was supposed to happen than whatever, I guess just kind of a bummer.

[CO-OP]
Members
2,606 posts
27,663 battles

It was just the captain.  The ARP Kirishima ship is in the Premium shop.   Not likely that they're going to give away a ship for free that they're trying to sell for $18.69 (usd.)

[WPORT]
Members
7,754 posts
12,809 battles
22 minutes ago, Shadow_Wolf7 said:

So just finished these combat missions and was confused with what the reward was. Is it supposed to be a captain named "ARP Kirishima" or a ship "ARP Kirishima" or both? Just got the captain and was kind of bummed but if that is what was supposed to happen than whatever, I guess just kind of a bummer.

Just the Commander.
The ship, an ARP version of the Kongo, costs $$ or Doubloons, and is part of a package-deal available in the premium shop.
Edited to add, the Ship & Commander are available separately, too, in the premium shop.  So, either as part of an all-in-one bundle or separately as a Ship & Commander combo.
https://na.wargaming.net/shop/wows/main/16203/
https://na.wargaming.net/shop/wows/main/16196/

Previous ARP event mission accomplishment rewarded a player with the Commander Yotaroh (a teddy-bear with 6 skill points, though mine has had time to gain more XP since her arrival).

I just completed the Commander Kirishima mission, tonight, too.

If you watch the Anime' "Arpeggio of Blue Steel", the story explains how Kirishima becomes a Teddy-Bear for a while.
Enjoy.   She's a competent Commander and a wonderfully animated conversationalist, especially if a ship takes damage in battle.

Spoiler

shot-20_11.19_22_34.10-0575.thumb.jpg.7c88695716a69af7146804d716f15321.jpg
shot-20_11.19_21_46.22-0336.thumb.jpg.2374e9f55b47a1a00a0b949d4c0eb37a.jpg
shot-20_11.19_22_50.48-0981.thumb.jpg.38d3401de1547a6271c8c45592e4dfdf.jpg

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[PVE]
Members
7,556 posts
23,531 battles
20 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

It was just the captain.  The ARP Kirishima ship is in the Premium shop.   Not likely that they're going to give away a ship for free that they're trying to sell for $18.69 (usd.)

They gave it & 8 or 9 other ARP ships away for just completing missions at least 2 different times before (long before) they became premium ships.

There was also a 3rd time...but not sure if it was before or after they became premiums.

[K-POP]
Members
4,790 posts
13,129 battles
28 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

They gave it & 8 or 9 other ARP ships away for just completing missions at least 2 different times before (long before) they became premium ships.

There was also a 3rd time...but not sure if it was before or after they became premiums.

The third time (earlier this year) was after they became premiums, but you could only get three or four of the Kongo/Myoko clones total.

[CO-OP]
Members
2,606 posts
27,663 battles
31 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

I'm not saying that WG didn't offer them for free, but that they aren't likely to give them away and sell them at the same time.  The only time that I can remember WG has ever simultaneously offered a premium for sale and for free was during the dockyard-type events.  Where one could grind out a ship, or could purchase it to accomplish mission(s) during the event.  

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
1,140 posts
11,166 battles
1 hour ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

The third time (earlier this year) was after they became premiums, but you could only get three or four of the Kongo/Myoko clones total.

The last time any of them were free was when I got them, which was all four of the ARP Kongos plus ARP Myoko. In the original event, you could also get the other Myokos as well as ARP Takao for free. Unfortunately, during the original event, I had just started playing the game at the time and did not have the ships needed to really earn them.

• Cool 1

[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
Members
1,361 posts
20,303 battles

Reward is a very noisy Japanese captain for a ship you won't own.

• Haha 1

[CHBAY]
Beta Testers
610 posts
3,908 battles

I look forward to the return of the ARP event. I was able to grind Kongo, Haruna, and Hiei, but missed out on Kirishma by hours. :Smile_facepalm:

[CHBAY]
Beta Testers
610 posts
3,908 battles
2 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

They were Prems, it was last January I believe.

[SLDS]
Members
124 posts
7,500 battles
2 hours ago, HamptonRoads said:

I'm not saying that WG didn't offer them for free, but that they aren't likely to give them away and sell them at the same time.  The only time that I can remember WG has ever simultaneously offered a premium for sale and for free was during the dockyard-type events.  Where one could grind out a ship, or could purchase it to accomplish mission(s) during the event.  

A lot of the times they give away premiums for free you can buy them as well. Even last ARP event they sold the same ships you could get for free (as well as others of course). WG likes money, so it makes sense.

[1CVDV]
Members
244 posts
12,060 battles
10 hours ago, Cit_the_bed said:

I will take a 6pt captain of any nation that is free,all I had to do is check news/hit participate/play game as I normally play=free commander(if you don't care for voice over turn your volume down.no one said you have to put her on ship she is assigned for...hell I have that cat,thing is hilarious sounds like shogun monk from conan the destroyer when he laughs

• Cool 1

[VOP]
Members
934 posts
12 hours ago, Cit_the_bed said:

You can still put her on other Japanese ships. (and turn down the sound, drives the wife nuts)

Sign in to follow this