DukeTestudo

DD Concealment Values (for 0.9.11)

3 comments in this topic

[DOD]
Beta Testers
96 posts
4,933 battles

Hey folks,

I was throwing this together for my own use (basically trying to figure out how much a difference a 200m change to Kitakaze makes), and I thought I'd share since, every so often, it seems somebody wants all this data in a single spot.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1m0AtuBzgRvclgZ6L9fgGtyMyuvRO8T_EQknUV50oQlE/edit?usp=sharing

Caveats: it's only for destroyers, and everything is stock - no commander skills, no upgrades, etc.  So, for example at Tier 8 when you get access to Slot 5 and the concealment upgrade, they're much more competitive against Tier 7 ships then the numbers suggest.  I don't account for the Tier 10 legendary modules.  Likewise, HP totals don't account for heals.  And so on and so forth.

I only included HP, speed and concealment because those are three things that I compare the most.

At some point, if people find it useful, I might add more columns that pre-calculate some of the more common upgrades.  But, as a warning, I'm also working full time and have a family -- neither of which are conducive to quick feature rich updates.  :)   Similarly, I don't know if I'll be able to keep this updated with patches.  So, this might be all people get. 

But, if people have ideas or feedback, and if time allows, I'll try and incorporate it.

0.9.11 Update on December 3rd, 2020:  Incorporated suggestion of one of the commenters below and pre-calculated combinations of camo, captain, and upgrade.  Note that the upgrade is only available for Tier 8 onward, so it has zero effect up until that point.  Also note that there are rounding errors -- I'm pulling the data from the API, and that only gives me a single digit of precision.  Also, I still don't account for legendary modules or heals -- that'll have to wait until/if I ever build an actual website that generates this reporting on the fly.

Edited by DukeTestudo
Update for 0.9.11
  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,207 posts
22,715 battles

Nice work!

You could allow editing by the community to help you out. Add your additional columns for cammo, captain, upgrade, cammo+captain, cammo+upgrade, captain+upgrade, cammo+captain+upgrade and leave them empty. Those adjustments are basic math with rounding rules applied. Some excel smart guys out there could run scripts to apply the changes en mass. You could "QC" them at your leisure.

• Cool 1

[DOD]
Beta Testers
96 posts
4,933 battles
11 hours ago, Khafni said:

Nice work!

You could allow editing by the community to help you out. Add your additional columns for cammo, captain, upgrade, cammo+captain, cammo+upgrade, captain+upgrade, cammo+captain+upgrade and leave them empty. Those adjustments are basic math with rounding rules applied. Some excel smart guys out there could run scripts to apply the changes en mass. You could "QC" them at your leisure.

I'm actually pulling the data from the API into a PHP script, dumping it into a CSV and then massaging it a little on import to Google Sheets to remove the obvious dups and anything related to character encoding that I don't have time to figure out.  That's one of the reasons why I didn't make it community editable -- eventually, I just want to dump it whenever a new patch comes out, and eventually make into a cheesy website where you it auto-filters to only those ships you can encounter based on the matchmaker.

I'll keep the suggestion in mind though about the columns -- I had thought of only putting in both stock and camo+captain+upgrade, since, in any battle type where I actually care enough about my ship performance to look at numbers, I'm going to care enough to make sure I have everything maxed out.  I forget that not everybody plays that way.

Thanks.

Sign in to follow this