wolfkind252

stupid is as stupid sails

22 comments in this topic

[NEMO]
Members
829 posts
3,263 battles

so as the title says somebody on my team was stupid ( again) , I guess saying " Hey ******* watch out my torpedoes are coming at you if you keep going that way" to a ship that just came around an island in reality means " hurry up so you can get hit by a friendly torpedo"

• Boring 3
  • Meh 11

[GOB]
Members
2,709 posts
4 minutes ago, wolfkind252 said:

so as the title says somebody on my team was stupid ( again) , I guess saying " Hey ******* watch out my torpedoes are coming at you if you keep going that way" to a ship that just came around an island in reality means " hurry up so you can get hit by a friendly torpedo"

And a 1

and a 2

and a 3..................

giphy (23).gif

Edited by Col_Nasty
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Members
1,134 posts
1,601 battles
17 minutes ago, wolfkind252 said:

Hey ******* watch out my torpedoes are coming at you if you keep going that way" to a ship that just came around an island in reality means " hurry up so you can get hit by a friendly torpedo"

Pretty much.

I have a serious problem with Campbeltown's torps. They are so slow but go for so long that once I launched them into a smokescreen & a full minute passes. Which was enough time for my team to push up & eat them. :fish_aqua:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGH!

[PVE]
Members
7,634 posts
23,635 battles

Stupid is as stupid launches.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Meh 1

[WHS]
Members
246 posts
4,007 battles

Whenever I see an ally launch their 5 km torps from the very back of the map into the middle of the friendly formation when there are no red ships within 10 km, I like to run into them on purpose so they can come to the forums and complain.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2

[BERYL]
[BERYL]
Members
134 posts
5,121 battles

If you knew there were friendlies inbound, why'd you fire?

Think one of the rules in this game is that "you own your ordinance". 

We've all torp'ed friendlies before. What you do is apologize, work off your pink (if you did enough damage to merit it), and play on. 

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
23,042 posts
17,042 battles
34 minutes ago, wolfkind252 said:

If I recall correctly, this isn't the first time this has happened to you.

If so, has it not entered your mind by this time that maybe the problem is centred in YOUR decision about when to launch and in what direction?

[A-I-M]
Members
3,777 posts
14,738 battles
8 hours ago, wolfkind252 said:

This happens to you alot.

You need to start rethinking who is really the stupid one in all these encounters.

On the other hand -don’t. Your thinking is quite defective on the matter.

Get someone else to rethink it for you.

Edited by MannyD_of_The_Sea
  • Cool 1

[V_V_V]
Members
946 posts
16,830 battles

What goes around an island, comes around an island.  

You own your own.

9542855b2896d34acb95a8217111c3a5.jpg

Edited by Charon2018
add text

[PT]
Members
1,020 posts
3,044 battles

Rule 1: No such thing as friendly fire..

I sailed into a teammates swarm of torps the other week in my Iowa, I was busy dueling with a Yamato and a cruiser. He warned me but I was paying no attention to the chat window. Not really expecting to get torpedoed from behind when you have 3 'friendlies' there.

• Cool 2
  • Meh 1

[--K--]
[--K--]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,606 posts

People here always love to blame the person who sent them, but the reality is both parties share fault, with the context of the situation deciding who's more at fault.  

Players on this game by and large, have the situational awareness of a person who's had their eyes, ears, and nervous system stabbed out without certain... "mods".

OP, I'd have to see how it happened to know if you were the one being stupid or it was the person who ate them.  Alot of trolls exist on this game, who will go out of their way to eat the torpedoes  on purpose even when they shouldn't have been in actual danger.  My divmates and I have all experienced it a couple times at least.

Seeing the logic on these forums though do make me very, VERY glad most of you have no say in car insurance or accident reports surrounding it rofl.  

• Meh 10

[PVE]
Members
7,634 posts
23,635 battles
8 minutes ago, CaliburxZero said:

People here always love to blame the person who sent them, but the reality is both parties share fault, with the context of the situation deciding who's more at fault.  

Players on this game by and large, have the situational awareness of a person who's had their eyes, ears, and nervous system stabbed out without certain... "mods".

OP, I'd have to see how it happened to know if you were the one being stupid or it was the person who ate them.  Alot of trolls exist on this game, who will go out of their way to eat the torpedoes  on purpose even when they shouldn't have been in actual danger.  My divmates and I have all experienced it a couple times at least.

Seeing the logic on these forums though do make me very, VERY glad most of you have no say in car insurance or accident reports surrounding it rofl.  

"Alot of trolls" aren't even at fault as you need to launch them where it's possible for them to troll you by eating them & that is always on you for launching them.

If you aren't on discord w/a div mate in agreement that it is safe despite them (& ONLY them) being in front of you... it's all on the 1 who launches...every time.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[WOLF7]
Members
837 posts
1 hour ago, wolfkind252 said:

A wise man once spoke about this very thing. He was a bit of an outkast, so you may not have heard these words before:

1. Don't pull the thang out, unless you plan to bang.

2. Don't even bang unless you plan to hit something. 

Heed these words.

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,581 battles
1 hour ago, wolfkind252 said:

No, it means NOTHING! Because he isn't responsible for dodging, or not dodging, your torps. It IS your responsibility not to put your torps anywhere that they can hit him. So really, what the title should be, is:

"I WAS STUPID AND IRRESPONSIBLE, AGAIN, AND SHOT TORPS OFF WHEN I SHOULDN'T HAVE, AGAIN, AND HIT A TEAM MATE, AGAIN. AND NOW I WANT TO BLAME HIM!"

Because you, and you alone, are responsible for all the ordinance you fire in any match.

• Cool 2

[--K--]
[--K--]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,606 posts
49 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

"Alot of trolls" aren't even at fault as you need to launch them where it's possible for them to troll you by eating them & that is always on you for launching them.

If you aren't on discord w/a div mate in agreement that it is safe despite them (& ONLY them) being in front of you... it's all on the 1 who launches...every time.

Stick to PVE, that's really all I can tell you.  I can't be asked to expend any more than that on someone like you.

• Boring 1
  • Meh 7

Alpha Tester
6,633 posts
3,333 battles
5 hours ago, wolfkind252 said:

Your torpedoes, your fault.

[PVE]
Members
7,634 posts
23,635 battles
5 hours ago, CaliburxZero said:

Stick to PVE, that's really all I can tell you.  I can't be asked to expend any more than that on someone like you.

LOL...you mean somebody w/twice your random battles.

Worst ad hominem attempt ever...

(:Smile_trollface: FAIL TROLL :Smile_trollface:)

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
4,502 posts
14,988 battles

The only person that is responsible for your ordinance going down range is the person launching or firing it.

-Hapa

• Cool 4