Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
WES_HoundDog

What happened to the Lion?

7 comments in this topic

[KILL]
Members
1,019 posts
11,536 battles

So i reset the British BB line some time ago and i'm working my way back up.  The liked the Lion a lot the first time through and i just got to it the second time.   I was in a match last night (probably the second battle in it since reset) and I pretty much got to sucker in a Bismarck to chase me all the way to the back line and then some.   I ended up the only one shooting at him due to lemming team. :Smile_sceptic:. and 2 reprinted ships later he killed me.   I fired HE at him on probably 8 out of 10 salvoes.      I ended the battle with 44 HE shell hits for 3 fires.  How does the Lion have a 7% fire chance?   So of course i had to do some digging because i thought the fire chance was darn near 50%.   In the port i checked out the guns and to my astonishment, i see that the HE shells have a 25% fire chance.   And thats with the 2 fire starting signal flags.    I thought to myself;  this can't be right.  I checked on World of Warships wiki on Lion.   The Wiki has the lion at 46% and 48% fire chance respectively for each of the gun sets.  So then i started digging for Lion nerfs information on google.  The only information i could come across was a nerf to it's repair party reload time.    I also know that the citadel was raised on a number of british bb's.     

Now on my recent rerun of the British Battle Ship line.   The Queen Elizabeth, the Monarch and now the Lion all seem to have relatively poor HE performance for a ship line that was supposed to be built on HE.    When did this change,  and is there anything else that I missed?

[O7]
Supertester
386 posts
13,140 battles

The actual fire chance is much lower as you need to take ship coefficient into account. You also can't light a fire on an already burning section. 

• Cool 1

[PISD]
Members
1,818 posts
6,025 battles
12 minutes ago, WES_HoundDog said:

So i reset the British BB line some time ago and i'm working my way back up.  The liked the Lion a lot the first time through and i just got to it the second time.   I was in a match last night (probably the second battle in it since reset) and I pretty much got to sucker in a Bismarck to chase me all the way to the back line and then some.   I ended up the only one shooting at him due to lemming team. :Smile_sceptic:. and 2 reprinted ships later he killed me.   I fired HE at him on probably 8 out of 10 salvoes.      I ended the battle with 44 HE shell hits for 3 fires.  How does the Lion have a 7% fire chance?   So of course i had to do some digging because i thought the fire chance was darn near 50%.   In the port i checked out the guns and to my astonishment, i see that the HE shells have a 25% fire chance.   And thats with the 2 fire starting signal flags.    I thought to myself;  this can't be right.  I checked on World of Warships wiki on Lion.   The Wiki has the lion at 46% and 48% fire chance respectively for each of the gun sets.  So then i started digging for Lion nerfs information on google.  The only information i could come across was a nerf to it's repair party reload time.    I also know that the citadel was raised on a number of british bb's.     

Now on my recent rerun of the British Battle Ship line.   The Queen Elizabeth, the Monarch and now the Lion all seem to have relatively poor HE performance for a ship line that was supposed to be built on HE.    When did this change,  and is there anything else that I missed?

Rule of thumbs, tier 8 and higher cut your fire chance by 50%, add to it rng and you have your answer

[ARS]
Beta Testers
5,558 posts
5,892 battles
13 minutes ago, WES_HoundDog said:

So i re In the port i checked out the guns and to my astonishment, i see that the HE shells have a 25% fire chance.   And thats with the 2 fire starting signal flags.    I thought to myself;  this can't be right.  I checked on World of Warships wiki on Lion.   The Wiki has the lion at 46% and 48% fire chance respectively for each of the gun sets.

Do you have IFHE on your captain?  It sounds like you do, but you should not.  You gain very little and it halves your base fire chance.

[WOLF3]
Members
29,581 posts
25,666 battles
12 minutes ago, Your_SAT_Score said:

The actual fire chance is much lower as you need to take ship coefficient into account. You also can't light a fire on an already burning section. 

In addition, Fires are RNG.  You can have a fabulously high Fire Chance and / or land lots of HE shell hits, and still wind up with only 2-3 Fires for a 15-20 minute Random Battles game.

Lady Luck is a fickle mistress.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[KILL]
Members
1,019 posts
11,536 battles
2 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

Do you have IFHE on your captain?  It sounds like you do, but you should not.  You gain very little and it halves your base fire chance.

Bingo,  i just put my old commander back on the ship,  first ship i didn't do a whole new commander for.   Forgot about IFHE.  Thats what you get when you don't play the game for 6 months i guess.

[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
Members
1,396 posts
20,360 battles

25% fire chance minus the opposing ships fire reduction can sometimes land you at 15% fire chance

Think of it in negative terms, you have a 75% chance of never getting a fire, and possibly an 85% chance of never getting a fire.

Sign in to follow this