Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Mad_Mandolorian

Light Cruiser Tier list

4 comments in this topic

[R-N-D]
Members
10 posts
7,984 battles

Just another guy complaining on the internet, all of these are my opinion, Worchester is the only one i own

A

Minotaur (smoke): +Smoke, +Best DPM, + Stealth, +Torps, +AP, -HE, -Radar, -Armor 

enough stealth to get wherever you need to go as well as smoke to make your own island, not to mention a ton of long range torps topped off by the best DPM in the game 

Smolenx: +Smoke, +Range, -Radar, +/-armor

mediocre HE offset by high rate of fire and extraordinary range along with smoke

B

Kitakazi: +Smoke, +HE,  -Radar, -Not a CL, +/-armor

while not a CL it does the same job, and is better at it then most CLs with smoke, sub 1.5 second reload and jap's improved 100mm HE pen

C

Mino (Radar): +Radar, +Best DPM, + Stealth, +Torps, +AP, -HE, -Armor 

Swapping out the ability to hide in smoke for a 10km radar, trades consistent ability to shoot for the ability to surprise DDs, only worth if you dont own another radar cruiser

A.Neslky: +Range, +Alpha, +Accuracy, +Radar, -Stealth

honestly not sure if this is a light or heavy cruiser but it hits hard and has long range common of Russian railguns

D

Worchester: +AP, +HP, -Armor, -Range, -Torps

the most HP for a light cruiser just means more for the enemy, the super heavy AP only helps at point blank range, the 9km radar is honestly not worth losing out on the spotter it replaces, but if you don't take the radar your team blames everything on you for meming

Colbert: +Range

the Colbert doesn't really have any upsides, but it has enough range to not have to deal with most downsides, if you do get cornered you are screwed

[HINON]
Members
2,308 posts
22,676 battles

Well, a bit abbreviated and not "really" consistent in measures.  Why include Kit but not Harugumo, arguably the more light cruiser of the two not light cruisers.  Wooster is a bit stronger then portrayed with the ability to mount more consumables.  Personally, I think a comparison of light cruiser toolboxes is a bit more interesting in the tier 5 - 7 range.  Those cruisers all force you to make more dynamic choices in what you are doing.

• Cool 1

[DVYJC]
Members
3,800 posts
9,384 battles

Radar Minotaur is more of a competitive mode ship choice than a Random Battle one. You just can't count on teammates to work with you in Random Battles. But it's pretty fearsome when you work together with someone, especially if you do close support on an American destroyer or something who will scratch your back with smoke while you scratch his with hydro and radar as well as that murderous DPM for destroyers and ten more torpedoes than expected for cruisers and battleships.

Radar Minotaur players are fairly rare. If you see a Minotaur, Neptune, or Edinburgh on the team list in Randoms, it's almost assured they're using smoke. If you run into a radar Minotaur, he probably knows exactly what he's doing. 

Smolensk's strong point is truly her usable gunnery at a screaming 19.6 km range.

Kitakaze and Harugumo players often potato in their smoke. They're not very maneuverable and are quite large, so typically I rush their smoke and torpedo them in it.

Nevsky and Worcester seem comparable to me but on opposite sides. Worcester has more barrels and better utility, but Nevsky has that Russian long-range rail-gun accuracy and some scary AP. 

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this