You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Roadrider7021

Best Petro/Stali counter in CB

17 comments in this topic

[DOW]
[DOW]
Members
999 posts
33,694 battles

Been experimenting with Goliath, Hindy, and Puerto Rico. So far I like Hindy best but does everybody think? I really like Goliath and want it to be her but so far Spotter plane Hindy with reload has been really strong. Lutjens may be skewing things slightly lol (at least in randoms).

Edited by Roadrider7021
Mistake

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,440 posts
22,640 battles
25 minutes ago, Roadrider7021 said:

Been experimenting with Goliath, Hindy, and Puerto Rico. So far I like Hindy best but does everybody think? I really like Goliath and want it to be her but so far Spotter plane Hindy with reload has been really strong. Lutjens may be skewing things slightly lol (at least in randoms).

2 smolensk 2 Colbert and a gumo....

Worked 3 out of 5 matches....

They just melt

The other 2 ships were ARP Yammy...

The red clans said we didn't need to flaunt our wallets so hard.

[SALVO]
Members
3,000 posts
7,003 battles
1 hour ago, Roadrider7021 said:

Most of the upper tier clans prefer Goliath over Hindenburg from what I have seen.   Personally I always bug the caller to let take in the Hindenburg.   In the Hindenburg there have been multiple occasions now where I tanked combined fire from 2 Petros or a Petro and a Stalingrad for more then 5 minutes straight.  You just absolutely can not afford to let any petro or Stalingrad to see more then 30 degrees of your broadside.

In randoms I have also been farming the ever living hell out of the Russian cruisers with the Hindenburg.   Mine is setup the same as yours , Spotter plane, reload module and Luetjens. The Russians really do not stand a chance against a kiting Hindenburg and always either have to retreat or die. You can also make them miss a lot of shots by throttle jockying , just make sure to have the engine module.  The one and only time I have died to them in the past month was when a Petro surprised me and caught my broadside.

The only real issue from what I can tell is that Goliath can push into Petros while Hindenburg basically always has to kite them. 

Edited by eviltane

[CNSF]
Members
1 post
7,809 battles

Goliath is the answer. In the iso situation, one goliath can take one petro or one Stalin with no problem. We usually use two goliath flank to push and kill two petro, one stalin one petro, two hindy flank with no lost of one ship. One goliath with one Puerto can do two.  More importantly, Goliath can push bow in with two turrets and kite with 3 turrets effectively. 

[DOW]
[DOW]
Members
999 posts
33,694 battles

Why Goliath 1v1 as opposed to Hindy 1v1? Is it forward torp angle or something? Also curious about Goliath range modded. Seems to be the answer for randoms and in CB, range is usually king but Goliath dpm falls down pretty far without the reload module. Goliath must be tanking/healing for  preference over Hindy.

[KIA-C]
Members
3,627 posts
16,088 battles
33 minutes ago, Roadrider7021 said:

Why Goliath 1v1 as opposed to Hindy 1v1? Is it forward torp angle or something? Also curious about Goliath range modded. Seems to be the answer for randoms and in CB, range is usually king but Goliath dpm falls down pretty far without the reload module. Goliath must be tanking/healing for  preference over Hindy.

The reason why people take Goliath in CB is because it doesn't just get blaped by AP rockets if you show a bit of angle, plus it has that super heal. It is not hard in Goliath to do like 7-10k HE volley against Petro and Petro can't win an HE DPM fight against Goliath. Yes Petro AP is strong but it doesn't overmatch, her DPM is crap and the accuracy is garbage at range. Hell even at mid range, it is just ok. 

But yeah Hinden definitely counter Petro .

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,440 posts
22,640 battles

Lol. Hey whatever works I say. Cool comp, I'm guessing IFHE on the Smols and Colberts for bow and stern pens.  

We decided to do a fun match to shake a loss off....

Ended up winning.

My smollie has ifhe & demo. Not sure what others were running...

Simon funny to see 5 constant streams on 1 ship...

Members
2,289 posts
52 battles

Goliath is generally the preferred pick due to its resilience against air strikes.

No other reason than that, really.

[ALL41]
Beta Testers
2,400 posts
10,614 battles
3 hours ago, Roadrider7021 said:

Believe it or not.. an 18km range harugumo.

These bias ship park bow on.. and the haru just lobs shells at them from behind an island nonstop.

Its too bad IJN does not have a fire starter perk special captain :P

[DOW]
[DOW]
Members
999 posts
33,694 battles
1 hour ago, El2aZeR said:

Goliath is generally the preferred pick due to its resilience against air strikes.

No other reason than that, really.

Ok, hadn't considered that, good point.

[DOW]
[DOW]
Members
999 posts
33,694 battles
11 minutes ago, Dareios said:

MVR

MVR, preferred CV right now does more damage to the armor profile of Hindy? Neither ship would heal citadel damage well from the bombs but I'm getting that Goliath is generally more resilient to air attack.

[-TKS-]
Members
1,282 posts
10,186 battles

All it is right now is double Petro double Goliath Halland Ohio/Thunderer and MVR. The meta right now is stagnant and boring. It’s awful, bloody awful. 

[WOOKY]
Beta Testers
1,810 posts

MVR, preferred CV right now does more damage to the armor profile of Hindy? Neither ship would heal citadel damage well from the bombs but I'm getting that Goliath is generally more resilient to air attack.

oh yeah, for sure.

but to dig out a bow tanking ruskie, the MVR does more alpha that a goliath burn out.

agreed, if I had to choose a CA then goliath over hindy, but both are currently working ok as kite side cruisers.