You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Hippo

Submarines

51 comments in this topic

[COMRD]
Members
224 posts
5,120 battles

You have been talking about them for how long now? Please _ _ _ _ or get off the pot.

I agree with the second two responders!

Edited by Admiral_Hippo
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 4
  • Meh 5

[HINON]
Members
8,621 posts
12,535 battles

theyre taking their time with testing and balancing them, so we dont get another CV Rework event where they throw a unfinished change onto us, do you want the live server to turn into a giant test server again like it did with the CV Rework? no? didnt think so

• Cool 2
  • Haha 1

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,202 posts
22,715 battles
19 minutes ago, Admiral_Hippo said:

You have been talking about them for how long now? Please _ _ _ _ or get off the pot.

I'd rather they get off the pot...

• Cool 7

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,334 posts
17,503 battles
31 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

theyre taking their time with testing and balancing them, so we dont get another CV Rework event where they throw a unfinished change onto us, do you want the live server to turn into a giant test server again like it did with the CV Rework? no? didnt think so

This^^^

We are very close.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[PIG]
[PIG]
Members
1,314 posts
6,518 battles
39 minutes ago, Admiral_Hippo said:

Oink! Did you play test server subs, DDs and depth charges? Cruisers had also planes with depth charges... I used some Duce's Regia Marina's cruiser with those planes : awful experience and the planes are American Catalinas. Not acceptable. Goltz

[SBS]
Members
6,196 posts
46 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

Being unfinished, and testing on the live server wasn't the problem with the rework.  Cvs are a ship type in the game that is problematic to overall balance, and is actively hurting the game.  That is what WG can't afford to do again.  That is why WG is taking their time (and why subs may never make it to randoms).

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,334 posts
17,503 battles
Just now, Slimeball91 said:

Being unfinished, and testing on the live server wasn't the problem with the rework.  Cvs are a ship type in the game that is problematic to overall balance, and is actively hurting the game.  That is what WG can't afford to do again.  That is why WG is taking their time (and why subs may never make it to randoms).

They are coming to randoms.  WG basically considers the core game is randoms. Ramdoms is and has always been the target.

[HINON]
Members
8,621 posts
12,535 battles
1 hour ago, Slimeball91 said:

true, but what im getting at was that throwing the clearly unfinished Rework on us and making the live server a giant Beta Testing pit didnt help it much at all

[TWFT]
Members
1,441 posts
39,799 battles

Subs will be introduced and balanced just as well as CV's are.  As a matter of fact subs will be just as welcomed to the game as CV's.

WG needs to find a way for low skilled players to be relevant and spend money.

• Boring 1

[RLGN]
Members
15,458 posts
27,160 battles
1 hour ago, franz_von_goltz said:

Oink! Did you play test server subs, DDs and depth charges? Cruisers had also planes with depth charges... I used some Duce's Regia Marina's cruiser with those planes : awful experience and the planes are American Catalinas. Not acceptable. Goltz

Yes?

My issue is the same as it is with the CV rework; WG seems to think they’re the best things since sliced bread, and that all players can use them without any trouble.

Apparently WG only listens to the opinions and test results of deep purples, if they think carriers or submarines are ‘easy’ for everyone to use.

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,555 battles
1 hour ago, paradat said:

We are very close.

Who are you kidding? You're not even in the same state! You're in the state of anticipation, and they're in the state of confusion!

14 minutes ago, Turbotush said:

Subs will be introduced and balanced just as well as CV's are.  As a matter of fact subs will be just as welcomed to the game as CV's.

WG needs to find a way for low skilled players to be relevant and spend money.

This is so true it's painful!

• Boring 1

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,555 battles
1 hour ago, franz_von_goltz said:

Do the little men in the white coats know you're loose again, you deranged little porker?

• Haha 2

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,334 posts
17,503 battles
4 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Who are you kidding? You're not even in the same state! You're in the state of anticipation, and they're in the state of confusion!

We are very close. 

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,555 battles
5 minutes ago, paradat said:

We are very close. 

Not even on Fantasy Island! You'll be lucky if you see subs NEXT year.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,334 posts
17,503 battles
2 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Not even on Fantasy Island! You'll be lucky if you see subs NEXT year.

I am very lucky, very likely I will see them early next year.

[SBS]
Members
6,196 posts
2 hours ago, paradat said:

They are coming to randoms.  WG basically considers the core game is randoms. Ramdoms is and has always been the target.

Sure, that is what WG wants.  I don't think the player base wants it though.  There is almost no interest in subs.  You remember when WG switched the sub testing to the live server so people didn't have the hurdle of downloading another client in order to test the subs.  They did that because they were having trouble generating interest.  Even with the testing on the live server there was practical no interest.  I don't know if its more that people just aren't interested in subs period, or if its WG's version of subs that is the problem.  Either way subs are a turd.  WG can't afford to drop another turd into randoms.

My guess is some time next year we'll see the "finished" sub concept get tested in its own separate game mode on the live server.  You'll be able to grind the sub lines there, T6 and T8 subs.  That mode will be like randoms, but with some kind of twist to make it more interesting.  Unless that test mode is a smashing success you won't see subs come to randoms.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,334 posts
17,503 battles
39 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

Sure, that is what WG wants.  I don't think the player base wants it though.  There is almost no interest in subs.  You remember when WG switched the sub testing to the live server so people didn't have the hurdle of downloading another client in order to test the subs.  They did that because they were having trouble generating interest.  Even with the testing on the live server there was practical no interest.  I don't know if its more that people just aren't interested in subs period, or if its WG's version of subs that is the problem.  Either way subs are a turd.  WG can't afford to drop another turd into randoms.

My guess is some time next year we'll see the "finished" sub concept get tested in its own separate game mode on the live server.  You'll be able to grind the sub lines there, T6 and T8 subs.  That mode will be like randoms, but with some kind of twist to make it more interesting.  Unless that test mode is a smashing success you won't see subs come to randoms.

Maybe, I think WG thinks they are really close and coming to Randoms. I know that a large portion of the player base does not want this and that a large portion does and another large portion has no idea they are coming lol. 

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,555 battles
3 hours ago, paradat said:

I am very lucky, very likely I will see them early next year.

Disneyland will bring back submarines before this game launches one!

[WOLFD]
Members
845 posts
6,846 battles
6 hours ago, Admiral_Hippo said:

Subs are borked and seriously broken.  They should stop working on them al together, they will never be right as in balanced.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,334 posts
17,503 battles
14 hours ago, Umikami said:

Disneyland will bring back submarines before this game launches one!

LOL oh man. Remember the devs are Russians. Sub are happening. Get your head ready.

[ALL41]
Beta Testers
2,393 posts
10,599 battles
21 hours ago, tcbaker777 said:

Let's see the process:

WG puts homing torps system in. It is universally hated for being un-WW2 sub type combat plus the fact you have to ping to guide them thus telling everyone where you are and obviously that torpedoes are on the way DEFEATS the whole purpose of a stealth-based sub. You're better off using a damn destroyer to torpedo than a sub at that point.

WG keeps making the homing thing gamier and stupider. Now the victim is even told from what direction the torpedoes are coming from and specifically which part of his ship they homing on. This, literally, effectively makes HOMING torpedoes lose their lock by the target merely turning away from the torp's nose. So..they put in homing torps and then make them easy to stop homing on you.

WG keeps being told specifically how homing, ping and sub stealth/movement just isnt WW2'ish. They seem to take it as a compliment and further make it LESS ww2 like.

How does this NOT sound exactly like the CV rework? A complete disconnect between feedback and what gets implemented. At every stage.

• Cool 2

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,555 battles
1 hour ago, paradat said:

LOL oh man. Remember the devs are Russians. Sub are happening. Get your head ready.

I don't really care IF they happen; I don't really care WHEN they happen; but I have a WORLD of faith in the developers ability to completely screw things up. 

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,334 posts
17,503 battles
59 minutes ago, Umikami said:

I don't really care IF they happen; I don't really care WHEN they happen; but I have a WORLD of faith in the developers ability to completely screw things up. 

Fair enough. Will see how it works out.