You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Chain_shot

So we have known the 21 point captains are going to be a thing

32 comments in this topic

[46856]
Members
1,899 posts

Just wondering why there has been no mechanism to allow current 19 point captains to bank exp aside from elite commander xp introduced.

Why is that?

[DOG]
Members
1,231 posts
12,925 battles
1 minute ago, Chain_shot said:

Just wondering why there has been no mechanism to allow current 19 point captains to bank exp aside from elite commander xp introduced.

Why is that?

What were you looking for?  Something like ECXP specific to a given captain?  Seems like the current system is more flexible than that would be, since you can combine the points earned by all captains in a single pool, which can be used for any of them.  Or were you thinking of something completely different?

• Cool 2

[CO-OP]
Members
2,606 posts
27,671 battles
17 minutes ago, zubalkabir said:

What were you looking for?  Something like ECXP specific to a given captain?  Seems like the current system is more flexible than that would be, since you can combine the points earned by all captains in a single pool, which can be used for any of them.  Or were you thinking of something completely different?

^^This.  

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,334 posts
17,503 battles
18 minutes ago, MillenniumDuck said:

21 pts commander is over a year away most likely

You think so. I would be surprised if we make it to March.

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,731 posts
4,263 battles

What kind of mechanism are you talking about? How else would we bank commander XP?

7 minutes ago, paradat said:

You think so. I would be surprised if we make it to March.

I suspect you're right. I would expect to hear a lot more about these right after Christmas.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,334 posts
17,503 battles
15 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

What kind of mechanism are you talking about? How else would we bank commander XP?

I suspect you're right. I would expect to hear a lot more about these right after Christmas.

Yeah sounds about right. They seem to be very far into it at this point, based on what they have published.

[SALTY]
Beta Testers
653 posts
7,820 battles

I don't know why people are excited for this.

It's just another sink in this game that is essentially made of sinks. You'll have to get to 21 points just to recover functionality you already have at 19, you will likely lose stuff (such as the ominous loss of AFT for the poor 5 inch cruisers, or the loss of survivability builds for supercruisers, etc.) and gain very little.

Boondoggle should be this game's middle name.

• Cool 7

[CK5]
Members
1,516 posts
16,215 battles

I have 8.9 million ECXP in the bank.  I am ready (by the way, WG, that is not a challenge).  Although, I am not at all happy about the captain skills re-work.  I will still complain about the re-work, but will be prepared nonetheless.

[A-D-F]
[A-D-F]
Members
2,309 posts
8 minutes ago, PrairiePlayer said:

I have 8.9 million ECXP in the bank.  I am ready (by the way, WG, that is not a challenge).  Although, I am not at all happy about the captain skills re-work.  I will still complain about the re-work, but will be prepared nonetheless.

I have 54 19 point captains. 8.9 mil isn't even going to make an appreciable dent.

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
15,458 posts
27,160 battles
1 hour ago, Princess_Daystar said:

*stares at my 0 19 point commanders*

Im just ready to become less useful due to skills being moved up tiers.

If you have someone you use a lot who’s close, you might consider using fxp to get them to 19, then you can start banking exp.

[FOXY]
Members
1,211 posts
5,765 battles
6 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

If you have someone you use a lot who’s close, you might consider using fxp to get them to 19, then you can start banking exp.

highest i have is a 14 pointer in my Roon, my free exp will be available after i get the Alaska, so..maybe ill have time to get one or two.

[WOLF9]
Members
1,069 posts
22,468 battles
2 hours ago, AJTP89 said:

I am not sure that neither the RM BBs nor subs are ready for release yet, so I could see the Skills rework coming in about Feb - Mar (right after all the holiday stuff is over.  At most, I can see the RM BBs and the skills rework swapping places and maybe the skills hit March - April.

[PVE]
Members
7,556 posts
23,531 battles
3 hours ago, MillenniumDuck said:

21 pts commander is over a year away most likely

The original announcement said 1.0 update if I'm not mistaken...but then shortly after I heard there was possibly going to be a delay to them jumping to 1.0...but that is all forum talk.

Don't think it's gonna be anywhere near a year though...guessing less than 6 months & probably closer to 4.

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,432 posts
17,166 battles
4 hours ago, AJTP89 said:

4 hours ago, paradat said:

Yeah sounds about right. They seem to be very far into it at this point, based on what they have published.

:Smile_great:Or even perhaps before Christmas................................Wouldn't put it past them:Smile_sad:

Valkyrie Chooser of the Slain#7.png

Edited by shadowsrmine

[--K--]
[--K--]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,602 posts
4 hours ago, Kartaugh said:

I don't know why people are excited for this.

It's just another sink in this game that is essentially made of sinks. You'll have to get to 21 points just to recover functionality you already have at 19, you will likely lose stuff (such as the ominous loss of AFT for the poor 5 inch cruisers, or the loss of survivability builds for supercruisers, etc.) and gain very little.

Boondoggle should be this game's middle name.

I've spotted the intelligent person in the room.  

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,334 posts
17,503 battles
39 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

:Smile_great:Or even perhaps before Christmas................................Wouldn't put it past them:Smile_sad:

Not likely I have not seen WG put something this big in the game with out it coming to public test first. 

[FERAL]
Members
94 posts
6,452 battles

I just have one 19pt Cpt and almost two more. This couldn't come a worse time for those of us finally reaching that lofty 19pt cpt goal. I hope it is delayed as long as possible.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
8 hours ago, Chain_shot said:

Why is that?

Because if you can save up XP on your 19 pt captains, they can't use the change in system to leverage money from you.

1 hour ago, JayRow2018 said:

I just have one 19pt Cpt and almost two more. This couldn't come a worse time for those of us finally reaching that lofty 19pt cpt goal. I hope it is delayed as long as possible.

I hope it never happens. 

The changes they previewed are a stinking mess that will ruin a large number of cruisers -- notably small-gun cruisers and supercruisers. 

Edited by KilljoyCutter
  • Cool 2

[WOLFG]
Members
11,518 posts
10,684 battles
1 hour ago, JayRow2018 said:

I don't know.  Some people have like 50.  It is going to take them forever to build up enough to get two points for all of them.

Of course there never is a good time to have to rebuild captains points.

Members
592 posts
11,091 battles
4 hours ago, DrHolmes52 said:

I don't know.  Some people have like 50.  It is going to take them forever to build up enough to get two points for all of them.

Of course there never is a good time to have to rebuild captains points.

An alternative solution, which might end up being more acceptable for both WG and the player base, is to keep the "total commander xp required" relatively unchanged, while redistributing commander xp required for each skill point and increasing skill points from 19 to 23 (the number I heard). This way players who already have 19 pt captains can just choose new skills without having to grind more commander xp, and WG can implement their new idea without much of a problem.

Screenshot (138).png

• Cool 1

[SALTY]
Beta Testers
653 posts
7,820 battles
3 hours ago, Singularity_invader said:

An alternative solution, which might end up being more acceptable for both WG and the player base, is to keep the "total commander xp required" relatively unchanged, while redistributing commander xp required for each skill point and increasing skill points from 19 to 23 (the number I heard). This way players who already have 19 pt captains can just choose new skills without having to grind more commander xp, and WG can implement their new idea without much of a problem.

Likelihood of this happening is minus a gazillion, since this would result in no revenue or extra grind (which is also revenue, eventually).

• Cool 1