You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Wye_So_Serious

Warships is a Great Game

50 comments in this topic

[RBMK]
Members
2,184 posts
34,424 battles

Over the past few days I've had some great gameplay all around. A few steamrolls both ways but other than that, it's been really fun and enjoyable.

The common denominator through this has been, a lack of CVs in majority of those games.

The game is not a simulator or historical, only historically based, so there is no necessity for their existence in the game.

Perhaps some quality time, doing some first principles thinking on what makes the game good and enjoyable is in order. 

Again, great game WG, sans CVs.

To be clear: this is not a personal attack on any one of you that like carriers or play them, so don't take it that way. If you do, that's a you problem. I enjoy the history of carriers, I just don't think they belong in PVP modes.

I love seeing human controlled CVs in scenarios because I don't care if the AI has a bad time. 

• Cool 7
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 6
  • Meh 5

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,335 posts
17,503 battles

Agreed minus the CV issue. For me the game started out very fun and has been getting better and better ever since.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 2

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,204 posts
22,715 battles
18 minutes ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

Over the past few days I've had some great gameplay all around. A few steamrolls both ways but other than that, it's been really fun and enjoyable.

The common denominator through this has been, a lack of CVs in majority of those games.

The game is not a simulator or historical, only historically based, so there is no necessity for their existence in the game.

Perhaps some quality time, doing some first principles thinking on what makes the game good and enjoyable is in order. 

To be clear: this is not a personal attack on any one of you that like carriers or play them, so don't take it that way. If you do, that's a you problem. I enjoy the history of carriers, I just don't think they belong in PVP modes.

I love seeing human controlled CVs in scenarios because I don't care if the AI has a bad time. 

I agree wholeheartedly! I believe this game would be best with only surface combatants in the mix. That means DD, CA/CL, and BB. Other ship types don't need to be added.

• Cool 1

[REVY]
Members
8,240 posts
6,118 battles

"Marty!  I traveled to 1900 and accidently ran over the Wright Brothers!  Aircraft Carriers have begun to phase out of existence!"

1431629947-marty-delorean.jpg

• Haha 3

[WOLF1]
Members
735 posts
1,761 battles
1 minute ago, Sventex said:

"Marty!  I traveled to 1900 and accidently ran over the Wright Brothers!  Aircraft Carriers have begun to phase out of existence!"

That guy in Brazil: my time has come to shine

[HINON]
Members
8,623 posts
12,540 battles
1 hour ago, Sventex said:

imagine if that did happen, planes would still become a thing im sure, but it probably wouldnt happen in time for them to start to be used in naval warfare for WW2, so then the Montanas might have actually been built and Yamato and Musashi would probably actually have gotten to do what they were designed to do instead of predicting what BBs would be doing in the high tiers of WOWS decades before the game was even thought about

Edited by tcbaker777
  • Funny 1

[SIM]
Members
5,738 posts
9,263 battles

It’s an even better game without DDs, the troll class that actively discourages dynamic play and participation. Honestly, DDs in WoWs aren’t ships, they’ve cloaking hovertanks that have no business being in the game. 

See? I can pretend that my bias and opinion matter, too. 

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 3

[REVY]
Members
8,240 posts
6,118 battles
2 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

they’ve cloaking hovertanks

u smoke lol?

[-H-]
Members
213 posts
6,448 battles
13 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

It’s an even better game without DDs, the troll class that actively discourages dynamic play and participation. Honestly, DDs in WoWs aren’t ships, they’ve cloaking hovertanks that have no business being in the game. 

Truth of the matter. For years DDs have made or broken the matches. Then CVs show up and now we hear how evil CVs are.  I have no issues or opposition to the CVs in game. They do what they do even though I've tried and im terrible with them.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[-BCO-]
Members
1,673 posts
2,898 battles
1 hour ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

Certainly had(s?) GREAT potential. The problem is that there are MANY issues which are not really tacled.On the contrary I would say 

[WAMMY]
Members
2,536 posts
14,165 battles

Hey

Today I decided to permanently leave the game.  I have grown tired of the constant supposed balancing, and nothing gets done for new content for scenarios, nothing to help the game play, constant game inconsistencies of over pens, ricochets, broken shells of BB's.  The game has lost its appeal in the last year or two; but, it did provide a lot of hours of fun while it lasted  Good luck to everyone who still enjoys it.

Pete

Edited by sasquatch_research
  • Cool 1

[FML]
Members
4,148 posts
16,060 battles
43 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

imagine if that did happen, planes would still become a thing im sure, but it probably wouldnt happen in time for them to start to be used in naval warfare for WW2, so then the Montanas might have actually been built and Yamato and Musashi would probably actually have gotten to do what they were designed to do instead of predicting what BBs would be doing in the high tiers of WOWS decades before the game was even thought about

You have no idea about history. If the weight brothers were bumped off, one of the dozens of other teams working on the problem would have solved it within a year, two at most. There would have been no material difference in the evolution of aircraft through history. 

[REVY]
Members
8,240 posts
6,118 battles
27 minutes ago, Concept6 said:

Truth of the matter. For years DDs have made or broken the matches. Then CVs show up and now we hear how evil CVs are.  I have no issues or opposition to the CVs in game. They do what they do even though I've tried and im terrible with them.

I think your mistelling the history.  Once the German Battleships hit the game with their hydro and great secondaries and nerf to firing outside of detection range, DDs had hard counters.  I would like to see some hard counters to CVs.

Edited by Sventex
  • Cool 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Meh 1

[UNC]
Members
888 posts
6,240 battles

Glad someone has had a good time this week.  My games the past few days have been among the most frustrating I've had in a long, long time.  Many blowouts (mostly losses), throws, poor play, bad RNG, some questionable plays on my part...  Not that it was a factor, but I have had at least one CV in nearly every game this week.  Most of my t8 games were double CV games.  But they were honestly much less a factor than generally poor play.  I mean, when its a t8-10 game and two of your t10 BBs spend pretty much the entire match at J9, well... only so much you can do.

Members
610 posts
11,123 battles
2 hours ago, Sventex said:

Pfft, naval aviation would be carried out by armored zeppelins if planes weren't invented, let alone the fact that Wright brothers weren't the only inventors in the game, their work just happened to progress faster than others.

Edited by Singularity_invader

Members
3,952 posts
43,402 battles

But alas, CV players are starting to fade away...

The fun got sucked out ages ago and despite the fun rework brought, it's not the same.

It's like not going to Hooters and instead going to Shenanigans.

Oh pooo, the game of CV meta finally winds down because CV players are finally...

Bored.

[RLGN]
Members
15,468 posts
27,172 battles
1 hour ago, SkaerKrow said:

Pretty much this...

Those who’ve been around long enough will remember that destroyers were too blame for everything before RTS carriers really got going...

Do you know these sayings, CV haters?

’Be careful what you wish for; you may get it.’

-some old dude with a long beard probably.

...and;

‘After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting.’

-Spock.

• Thanks 1

[CLUMP]
Members
1,382 posts
1,842 battles
1 hour ago, SkaerKrow said:

:Smile_great:

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,555 battles
6 hours ago, SkaerKrow said:

What vintage of whine is that? Chateau B., 2018?

• Haha 2

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,784 posts
7,404 battles

The ways that CV rants get reinvented onto these forums is quite amusing....   You'd almost think the handful of spam posters of them would run out of fresh ideas on how to disguise them as something new for extra  attention and extra emojis..   Kudos... The Anti-CV crowd apparently is still able to keep coming up with fresh cover for exactly the same threads over and over and over and over........

• Boring 3

[PVE]
Members
4,974 posts
21,920 battles
3 hours ago, paradat said:

Agreed minus the CV issue. For me the game started out very fun and has been getting better and better ever since.

It is funny that two people playing the same game can be opposites.

Carriers destroyed (update 8.0) what was once, a "great game;" and, after dozens of friends uninstalling; a clan dissolving; and, close friends retiring to once a month.  Yikes. 

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,335 posts
17,503 battles
17 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

It is funny that two people playing the same game can be opposites.

Carriers destroyed (update 8.0) what was once, a "great game;" and, after dozens of friends uninstalling; a clan dissolving; and, close friends retiring to once a month.  Yikes. 

Yeah fairly normal. When you have a really fun game that starts to change sometimes you find the new fun and sometimes you don't.

• Cool 1

Members
2,394 posts
13,906 battles
4 hours ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

I have made this point in my videos repeatedly, because it just keeps coming to the front, and I agree with you, as do many, that this is a great game, and I think that many also agree that battles without CV are more fun.

This feedback has been prevalent since I joined the game on Aug of '16, and it is a major topic here on the forum, on a consistent basis.

You'll get a lot of negative feedback here, but remember that the forum represents a tiny portion of the player base.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
14,072 posts
3 hours ago, Sventex said:

Actually, people had been flying gliders for years before the Wright Brothers and the only thing that was holding them back from powered flight was the development of lightweight engines. If the Wright brothers had not flown when they did somebody else would have in the next year or two. A couple of guys from Kansas patented a helicopter in 1910.

purvis_and_wilson_aircraft.jpg