You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
crazyrom

How to get this ship?

36 comments in this topic

[FLTF1]
Members
272 posts
7,516 battles

Many of us already had this question. We see some nice ship, some strange name (like Viribus Unitis), or learn about some OP ship, like Smolensk, and we want it. But we never saw it in the tree or even in prem shop. Then we google and find some controversial info, some say you can buy, others say it's from some containers, and so on.

Unless this already exists (pleas post link!), I think we should have, somehow, on forum or wiki, a full table of all existing ships, and the means to obtain it. Simple as this:

Mushashi - Currently only can be found in Christmas containers, drop chance XYZ% (if such % is known).
Thunderer - Can drop from X container. Can be bought for coal till update 0.9.11.
Montana - Regular tree ship, researchable.

Well, I think you get the idea, right? It should be pinned and visible to everyone, of course. Would not it be awesome?

• Cool 6

[FLTF1]
Members
272 posts
7,516 battles
3 minutes ago, Darmokattenagra said:

https://www.wows-gamer-blog.com/p/premium-ship-value-doubloons.html?m=1

This helps a little bit. Not a full list but check it out it might help.

This is pretty much what I am suggesting, but it has like 10% of the ships.
My point is, every ship has to be listed, even the unavailable should be there, saying loud and clear: Currently can not be obtained by any means,

so the person interested has all info they need, without having to do more research.

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,750 posts
4,272 battles

The wiki entry for each ship has this info.

• Cool 2

[WK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,196 posts
16,974 battles

Ah, I see what you are getting at.  Sadly, something like that is player made.  You'll either have to do the digging yourself, or ask around a little.  I recall someone posting a list that contained means of how to get them, if they are available, etc.  Now I am regretting not keeping track of that thread. bangheadz.gif

3 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

The wiki entry for each ship has this info.

But I recall seeing someone post a decently detailed list a little while ago.  It was actually neat to look through.  I think it was LWM?

@LittleWhiteMouse  Do you happen to have a list like this, or maybe could point OP in the right direction?  I recall you, at the very least, commenting on one that was made and posted last year.  Sadly my Search-Fu has proven to be weak sauce. :Smile_sad:

Members
170 posts
11,555 battles

Another resource is LWM's reviews summary thread, which has an availability listed for everything.

Click on the ship class you want to get to the list with availability details.  It may not be perfectly up-to-date, because LWM is not a wargaming employee, just someone dedicating a lot of their own time to make those reviews available to the community.  However - most of the ships that are in the hard-to-get statuses will be accurate and they won't be changing quickly.

For the rest ... WG likes to rotate the regular "non-special" premiums (the ones that aren't Dockyard ships, ranked reward ships, or other exclusive timed event things) in and out of the shop.  For those premiums, you're going to run into the issue that Wargaming would rather you just go to the shop to find out what's available, and they change the availability frequently enough that it would be a drain on the time and resources of community contributors to try to keep updated lists out there continuously.  

As a rule, if you can't find it in the Armory or Premium Store then it's going to be a hard-to-get, and you can check LWM's list for the how and why.

• Cool 3

[CRF]
Members
953 posts
8,927 battles
8 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

I really need to sit down and update that.

+10 for LWM's efforts!!

• Boring 1

[WK]
1,196 posts
16,974 battles
31 minutes ago, BadDecisionDino said:

Another resource is LWM's reviews summary thread, which has an availability listed for everything.

Click on the ship class you want to get to the list with availability details.  It may not be perfectly up-to-date, because LWM is not a wargaming employee, just someone dedicating a lot of their own time to make those reviews available to the community.  However - most of the ships that are in the hard-to-get statuses will be accurate and they won't be changing quickly.

For the rest ... WG likes to rotate the regular "non-special" premiums (the ones that aren't Dockyard ships, ranked reward ships, or other exclusive timed event things) in and out of the shop.  For those premiums, you're going to run into the issue that Wargaming would rather you just go to the shop to find out what's available, and they change the availability frequently enough that it would be a drain on the time and resources of community contributors to try to keep updated lists out there continuously.  

As a rule, if you can't find it in the Armory or Premium Store then it's going to be a hard-to-get, and you can check LWM's list for the how and why.

Yep, I'm blind as a bat. :Smile_hiding:

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
6,440 posts
22,640 battles

Reading patch notes and watching patch video on YouTube will tell you.

[FLTF1]
Members
272 posts
7,516 battles
1 hour ago, paradat said:

I know that I can google everything, but the time to do it is huge. Now, imagine thousands of players googling all over again, wasting their time. That is why 1 table would help everyone. Also, there are some ships I don't even know they exist, but suppose there is one that all I ned to do is a campain, so from table we also can learn that doing this or that we can earn us a ship.

Edited by crazyrom

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,335 posts
17,511 battles
4 minutes ago, crazyrom said:

I know that I can google everything, but the time to do it is huge. Now, imagine thousands of players googling all over again, wasting their time. That is why 1 table would help everyone.

That is not a google it is the main wiki for this game. It has all of the ships and how they are available. It literally is what you are asking for. It is linked on the main webpage for the game.

• Cool 2

[FLTF1]
Members
272 posts
7,516 battles
2 hours ago, BadDecisionDino said:

This is really great! Not as condensed as I described, but maybe for the best, and there is even classification (Gudboat etc.) and description.

[Y0L0W]
Members
321 posts
8,839 battles
54 minutes ago, Singularity_invader said:

I thought we could buy Thunderer with coal before 0.10.1?

you are correct

[DPG]
Members
2,052 posts
11,146 battles

Ask the forums.  "Hey, how do I get (insert ship name)?"  Nine out of ten times someone will know and answer pretty quickly.  You didn't ask about a specific ship.

[UNC]
Members
888 posts
6,240 battles

Does the in-game Captain's Logbook include acquisition method for ships?  I haven't explored it much, but I believe it will list every ship introduced into the game and whether or not you have it; I just don't know if it will tell you how to obtain them.

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
12,447 posts
10,541 battles
38 minutes ago, Uncle_Lou said:

Does the in-game Captain's Logbook include acquisition method for ships?  I haven't explored it much, but I believe it will list every ship introduced into the game and whether or not you have it; I just don't know if it will tell you how to obtain them.

It does not.  I can tell you from keeping detailed records of such things, keeping up to date with the constant and shifting availability of ships takes about 2 hours per week, every week on average.

Edit

If you're wondering why it takes so long, it comes down to the following:

1. Wargaming adds a new premium about once every week and a half (on average).  So that needs to be updated.
  2. Premium / Reward ships have their availability changed, sometimes with notice, sometimes without.  This involves checking every single ship to make sure it's still around.
  3. Premium / Reward ships have their currency changed on occasion.  This is usually announced, but things have snuck into and out of the Armoury and Premium shop without much fanfare.
  4. Adding / modifying tech-tree ship entries as a line goes live.
  5. Following the development of announced ships from dev-blog posts.
Edited by LittleWhiteMouse
  • Thanks 2

[ARC]
Members
1,065 posts
11,415 battles
8 hours ago, crazyrom said:

This is pretty much what I am suggesting, but it has like 10% of the ships.
My point is, every ship has to be listed, even the unavailable should be there, saying loud and clear: Currently can not be obtained by any means,

so the person interested has all info they need, without having to do more research.

Regrettably, noone has made an up-to-date page with all that information. The closest thing is LittleWhiteMouse's Catalog of Ship Reviews that was cited above, and she can't keep up with WG's pace of release. She did the math in some other post, and WG already surpassed the amount of ships they used to release in one year, as of last month. 

8 hours ago, BadDecisionDino said:

WG stopped rotating the premium ships available in the Shop about a year ago. They just retired those ships too powerful to be left alone (Imp. Nikolai, Kamikaze R, Giulio Cesare, Gremyaschyi, Belfast, Kutuzov, Musashi, Benham, Smolensk and others) or they were incredibly bland ships, which has only ocurred once (Yudachi, Gorizia, Poltava, Cheshire and Champagne). 

In the last case, they will probably sell them sporadically but they are not interesting premium ships, you are not missing anything if you lack them. 

PD. There's a 3rd type of Premium Ships retired, those relared to Collaborations. But those simply come back when WG thinks it's wise.

Excluding those ships given in Dockyards, Steel ships, etc.; there are only 3 premium ships that have never been in the Premium Shop: Nelson, Shinonome and (incredibly) Kirov. Oklahoma was released recently, but she probably won't be available in the Shop, as WG is planning to sell the crates to complete the collection with money and coal.

Edited by hanesco

[ARS]
Beta Testers
5,557 posts
5,888 battles
9 hours ago, crazyrom said:

Thunderer - Can drop from X container. Can be bought for coal till update 0.9.11.

6 hours ago, Singularity_invader said:

I thought we could buy Thunderer with coal before 0.10.1?

Correct.  Thunderer is coal only and is going away in 0.10.1.

Tier X 'special' ships have never, so far as I am aware, been available in super containers or Santa crates.

[SYN]
Supertester
299 posts
20,657 battles

I have been keeping a similar list around, but generally for ships you can't directly get from the Premium Shop, and it does not include ships that are/were only available in the Premium Shop (e.g. Tirpitz, Kutuzov). I've included all ships available in the armoury for Steel or Coal, in the tech tree for large amounts of FXP, or from the Research Bureau. I've also included ships that were only exclusive to events and unobtainable elsewhere such as Kamikaze R or Benham, and ships given as exclusive rewards for the completion of campaigns or collections such as Shinonome and most recently Oklahoma.

The list also notes when the ships were released and removed from distribution, where applicable.

Edited by syraku

[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
Members
1,391 posts
20,350 battles

Your chances are very low, they added a lot of mediocre russian ships like ochakov, and it's going to give you every dog turd ship in a row before it gives good ships. You have to basically own all the ships before it's forced to give you them.

They added: Orkan, Champagne, Mainz, Cheshire,Indomitable,Pyotr Bagration, Ochakov, California, Lazo, Poltava, London, and Mikoyan to the crates, so now you have to power through winning all of those PLUS all of the ones from last year before it will give you final forbidden three (enterprise, missouri, and musashi)

Edited by Cit_the_bed

[PHD]
Members
1,797 posts
7,231 battles
15 hours ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

I really need to sit down and update that.

Might as well wait until the captain skills rework. That, as first proposed, is going to cause more chaos than the IFHE by far. 

Maybe not, not I fear a high energy, high caffeine mouse diet when it does drop.

[CRF]
Members
953 posts
8,927 battles
9 hours ago, Cit_the_bed said:

Your chances are very low, they added a lot of mediocre russian ships like ochakov, and it's going to give you every dog turd ship in a row before it gives good ships. You have to basically own all the ships before it's forced to give you them.

They added: Orkan, Champagne, Mainz, Cheshire,Indomitable,Pyotr Bagration, Ochakov, California, Lazo, Poltava, London, and Mikoyan to the crates, so now you have to power through winning all of those PLUS all of the ones from last year before it will give you final forbidden three (enterprise, missouri, and musashi)

Any of these added ships worth it?  I know the Mainz is half way decent, but the others?  The may just be worth whatever they can get out of the Snowflakes...

Edited by sonoasailor