You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
dieselhead77

No more FXP in research bureau?

51 comments in this topic

[CVLUL]
Members
323 posts
14,705 battles

Thanks WG,  half way through a RB grind and find out you have removed the fxp exchange from the RB.

Went looking back through recent patch note and I cant even find if you announced that was going to happen!

Funny it just happens to coincide with removing fxp ships from the armoury...................

[TIAR]
[TIAR]
Beta Testers
1,387 posts
20,951 battles
3 minutes ago, Princess_Daystar said:

It was announced that it would be removed due to lack of popularity. Think in one of the ships for victory part 1 update notes?

Back then they also removed an SC (can't remember the amount) that gave doubloons, because it was not popular....

[O_O]
Members
6,765 posts
16,194 battles
14 minutes ago, barbaroja_Ar said:

Back then they also removed an SC (can't remember the amount) that gave doubloons, because it was not popular....

I got a super container with 1,000 doubloons on July 31...?

[TIAR]
[TIAR]
Beta Testers
1,387 posts
20,951 battles
1 minute ago, desmo_2 said:

I got a super container with 1,000 doubloons on July 31...?

it was a REAL SC, 10K, or 15K IIRC

[O_O]
Members
6,765 posts
16,194 battles
Just now, barbaroja_Ar said:

it was a REAL SC, 10K, or 15K IIRC

Super containers will pay out either 1,000, 2,500, or 5,000 doubloons.

[CVLUL]
Members
323 posts
14,705 battles
22 minutes ago, Princess_Daystar said:

It was announced that it would be removed due to lack of popularity. Think in one of the ships for victory part 1 update notes?

I read most of them, must have missed that one.

Seriously pissed me off when I found it missing in RB section lol

[TIAR]
[TIAR]
Beta Testers
1,387 posts
20,951 battles
3 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

Super containers will pay out either 1,000, 2,500, or 5,000 doubloons.

English is not my mother language, so may be I'm not clear enough.

THRE WERE 10K, 15K, not sure if even larger doubloons SC that were taken away, that's why you don't see them announced today, nor you can win them

Edited by barbaroja_Ar
typo
  • Confused 1

[FOXY]
Members
1,196 posts
5,458 battles
2 minutes ago, barbaroja_Ar said:

THRE WERE 10K, 15K, not sure if even larger doubloons SC that were taken away, that's why you don't see them announced today, nor you can win them

I dont ever recall SC ever being allowed to drop that much, *UNLESS* you got a ship and already had it. I went back to 2016 looking for changes to the doubloons and couldnt find any notes, id love to see a link for their removal just so i could be even less surprised by wargaming.

[KWF]
Members
4,926 posts
6,598 battles
8 minutes ago, barbaroja_Ar said:

I think I understand. A while back of you got the same ship in containers you got it's value back in doubloons. Nowadays if you get a duplicate ship automatically a different one drops. 

Doubloon compensation happens now only if you got all the ships that can drop.

Beta Testers
135 posts
10,002 battles

The Free XP option in the RB was a terrible deal. You were looking at spending about 500k or morefree XP to get, 250k Free XP. It's no wonder no one wanted to buy into it.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,987 posts
2 hours ago, dieselhead77 said:

I read most of them, must have missed that one.

Seriously pissed me off when I found it missing in RB section lol

It was an absolutely horrible exchange.  It saved you from making a purchase with your RB, that just made no sense.

[CO-OP]
Members
2,024 posts
26,014 battles
3 hours ago, dieselhead77 said:

Thanks WG,  half way through a RB grind and find out you have removed the fxp exchange from the RB.

Went looking back through recent patch note and I cant even find if you announced that was going to happen!

Funny it just happens to coincide with removing fxp ships from the armoury...................

They removed that option yesterday.  This is from the 9.10 patch notes:

image.thumb.png.e59f518ed41c3f924f7143598e5c49aa.png

[WKY13]
Members
535 posts
11,082 battles
1 hour ago, TouchFluffyTail said:

The Free XP option in the RB was a terrible deal. You were looking at spending about 500k or morefree XP to get, 250k Free XP. It's no wonder no one wanted to buy into it.

You know. People do actually grind out ship lines instead of spending fxp to regrind them.

[-TCO-]
[-TCO-]
Members
615 posts
5,487 battles
3 hours ago, Princess_Daystar said:

Yea, I read that. And it really sounds like a bravo sierra reason. Corp speak for we don't want people doing that anymore. I was real close too. Oh well.

[-TCO-]
[-TCO-]
Members
615 posts
5,487 battles
1 hour ago, Burnsy said:

It was an absolutely horrible exchange.  It saved you from making a purchase with your RB, that just made no sense.

How so? I have no intention of using RB or regrinding lines. But I was just short of getting something I COULD use. Not everyone cares about the RB.

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
961 posts

Oh, I'm sure there where a couple of whales with more money than brains that went for it.

[WOLFG]
Members
30,701 posts
9,292 battles

It wasn't necessarily a terrible deal if you were actually regrinding.

I mean, how many resets do you need to get Ohio? Is Alaska that bad of a ship that it isn't worth 4?

[WKY13]
Members
535 posts
11,082 battles

I basically reset six lines at once. Decided to get Colbert and then the fxp for alaska. I didn't spend any fxp on the regrind. 

sUcH a TeRrIbLe DeAl

[A-D-F]
7,987 posts
35 minutes ago, SkullCowboy_60 said:

How so? I have no intention of using RB or regrinding lines. But I was just short of getting something I COULD use. Not everyone cares about the RB.

Because you can get as much fxp as you want to grind, anytime you want to. RB points are the only way to get RB things. There is more in there than ships and more things are going to be added to it. The RB isn't going anywhere and RB use is going to continue to be pushed by WG.

It's like exchanging steel for coal.  It's a horrible idea because most think "well I there isn't anything in there I want and I am never going to have enough steel to get a ship".  The problem is, most everyone gets steel (and RB) a tiny bit at a time, thats how the most people that have lots of it, got it. 

One day, WG is going to suddenly put something in there you happen to REALLY want and starting to collect the currency for it at that point....one is probably going to wish they had saved that rare currency instead of converting it to something that they can get an infinite amount of, anyway.

• Cool 3

[-TCO-]
[-TCO-]
Members
615 posts
5,487 battles
2 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

Because you can get as much fxp as you want to grind, anytime you want to. RB points are the only way to get RB things. There is more in there than ships and more things are going to be added to it.  It isn't going anywhere and RB use is going to be pushed.

You seem to have skipped over the part where I don't care about the RB for now and could have used that FXP now. So WG is saving me from myself? No thanks.

[A-D-F]
7,987 posts
7 minutes ago, SkullCowboy_60 said:

You seem to have skipped over the part where I don't care about the RB for now and could have used that FXP now. So WG is saving me from myself? No thanks.

See my edited post (I edited after you quoted me, which is my doing, not your fault).  There is going to come a day, when there is something in there you really want.

Instant gratification usually comes at a high cost that people don't worry about because the real cost comes "later".  When later comes though, (and it often does eventually), only then do they face what the cost really was.

Converting currencies in a game at a loss to get something "now", is a lot like credit card use in real life.  You get thing you want "now", but instead of paying the asking price of $500 for it, you end up paying $2500 for the thing. 

Regardless of WG removing it, I would advise never using it if it was still there.