You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

Armada: Belfast 1943

21 comments in this topic

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
3,970 posts
14,354 battles

A Captain’s guide to using the British Tier VIII cruiser.

Read it on the portal
  • Cool 1

[HELLS]
Members
2,727 posts
28,778 battles

I have the old one. Nerfing ROF, increasing dispersion and moving Belfast up a tier will not make it competitive as a premium. Neither does the increase in secondaries DPM without an increase in secondaries range. Despite my love for the old girl, this is not a must for me. Wallet is closed.

• Cool 4

[ALL41]
Beta Testers
2,258 posts
9,824 battles
49 minutes ago, GrandAdmiral_2016 said:

I have the old one. Nerfing ROF, increasing dispersion and moving Belfast up a tier will not make it competitive as a premium. Neither does the increase in secondaries DPM without an increase in secondaries range. Despite my love for the old girl, this is not a must for me. Wallet is closed.

Remember Komrade, always buy soviet ships. Never nerfed in any meaningful way, always OP and glitches that may weaken it be fixed very next patch (everyone else in trash bin!).

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[UTWE]
Members
377 posts
6,915 battles

We need more historical RN premiums. IDK about a ship that's already in the game but it's a start. Would love to see ships like Illustrious, Glowworm, Barham, Revenge, Rodney, Dido, etc. 

• Cool 2

[CRF]
Members
850 posts
8,438 battles

A bit expensive I am thinking - I'll stick with the ships that I have...but a pretty ship.  Haven't been aboard, but have gone past her on several trips to London town.

• Cool 1

[CAAT]
Members
186 posts
4,153 battles
1 hour ago, Iron_Salvo921 said:

We need more historical RN premiums. IDK about a ship that's already in the game but it's a start. Would love to see ships like Illustrious, Glowworm, Barham, Revenge, Rodney, Dido, etc. 

Totally agreed, I would LOVE the Revenge-class/Royal Sovereign-class battleships! Heck, I'd even totally go for Arkhangelsk, which is also a real Revenge-class but transferred to the Russians!

[BEA5T]
[BEA5T]
Members
441 posts
15,703 battles

Sigh...   I really liked the OLD Belfast even though I am terrible in most cruisers so I went ahead for the Belfast 43.    Needless to say I was immediately disappointed that the consumable  smoke dispersion was REDUCED from 103 to 40 secs but the worst was reload of the 152 MM main guns was increased from 7.5 to 10.5.

Nothing else changed for the Guns.... so why the increase ?   

• Cool 1

[MR-1]
[MR-1]
Members
1,420 posts
20,269 battles

and those of us  who own the original belfast get screwed again 

should of just upgraded the original belfast  with fiji torps or somtehing 

Edited by Gaelic_knight
  • Cool 2
  • Confused 1

[WOLFC]
Members
1,974 posts
10,316 battles
5 hours ago, Gaelic_knight said:

and those who own the original belfast get screwed again 

should of just upgraded the original belfast  with fiji torps or somtehing 

They are screwed because they possess one of the strongest tier VII cruisers in the game that new players can’t get their hands on? The only way WG could have done something like what you propose is if they bumped Belfast up to tier VIII, and we all know what happened last time WG tried that.

• Cool 1

[--K--]
Members
83 posts
11,091 battles
30 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

They are screwed because they possess one of the strongest tier VII cruisers in the game that new players can’t get their hands on? The only way WG could have done something like what you propose is if they bumped Belfast up to tier VIII, and we all know what happened last time WG tried that.

Yeah, now they just resell the premium for more profit. Really shot ourselves in the foot there by opposing that change. But original Belfast is screwed though as it suffered from the HE and IFHE rework and now is in a more awkward position, but still really strong, dont get me wrong

[WOLFC]
Members
1,974 posts
10,316 battles
49 minutes ago, Sorin_von_Otomo said:

Yeah, now they just resell the premium for more profit. Really shot ourselves in the foot there by opposing that change. But original Belfast is screwed though as it suffered from the HE and IFHE rework and now is in a more awkward position, but still really strong, dont get me wrong

I would argue they aren’t reselling it, because it’s a different ship, but are rather “reselling” the name. And it makes sense, because Belfast is a very iconic ship IRL, and it’s perfectly reasonable that WG wants to capitalize on that while there are players that desire to own a “Belfast” for various reasons. While I also would have rather had the original adjusted and resold, that ship has sailed.

[--K--]
Members
83 posts
11,091 battles
15 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

I would argue they aren’t reselling it, because it’s a different ship, but are rather “reselling” the name. And it makes sense, because Belfast is a very iconic ship IRL, and it’s perfectly reasonable that WG wants to capitalize on that while there are players that desire to own a “Belfast” for various reasons. While I also would have rather had the original adjusted and resold, that ship has sailed.

I mean that is more or less what I said. "Premium" was not the best word but this is more or less what I meant. We opposed balancing premiums and this is what we get, the names being sold twice. Granted reselling WV is its own mess (Why didnt they just name her Maryland and when the actual WV comes out we can have the trio?).

[WOLFC]
Members
1,974 posts
10,316 battles
38 minutes ago, Sorin_von_Otomo said:

Granted reselling WV is its own mess (Why didnt they just name her Maryland and when the actual WV comes out we can have the trio?).

I suspect two reasons:

1) They had already decided the Maryland would not sell as well, and possibly had already designed the specific hull or the camo/captain that came bundled with her.

2) I’ve always suspected that we won’t ever see WV’44 and WG simply said so to appease those that were upset that she was released in her pre-war configuration. Granted, we now have high tier US BB standards, but I’m still not certain a Colorado can be made viable at tier VIII (look at the issues with CA, for example) without turning it into something it never was (which would upset those who want the ship for historical reasons). That would leave her at tier VII, and I suspect WV’41 was released as a tier VI because it would be hard for the rebuild WV to not outclass CO if they were the same tier.

Time will tell, I suppose.

Edited by Nevermore135

[MR-1]
[MR-1]
Members
1,420 posts
20,269 battles

im originaly from scotland but have  drove along thames  and seen her in a distance  .  hmm  i think they just cheated and  now because its a T8  i would say they just took the lead ship  as she is edinbrugh class  and renamed it belfast 43 

[JHF]
[JHF]
Members
168 posts
4,957 battles

I think this I will pass on it.  I have the original which was very fun and over powered in its prime.  However things have changed.  The smoke mechanic changed and we have more ships with radar.  Before the original Belfast was a monster in smoke.  Now not so much.  Since it can be detected far more easily.  Players got wise to static in smoke targets over the years too.

Now we have a new Belfast, which to me sounds like a easy target in higher tier matches.  A T8 British CL in a high tier match?  I will probably go out of my way to target it since Its armor will surely be overmatched by most guns.

• Cool 1

[ALS]
Members
108 posts
9,404 battles
26 minutes ago, wooserloop said:

I think this I will pass on it.  I have the original which was very fun and over powered in its prime.  However things have changed.  The smoke mechanic changed and we have more ships with radar.  Before the original Belfast was a monster in smoke.  Now not so much.  Since it can be detected far more easily.  Players got wise to static in smoke targets over the years too.

Now we have a new Belfast, which to me sounds like a easy target in higher tier matches.  A T8 British CL in a high tier match?  I will probably go out of my way to target it since Its armor will surely be overmatched by most guns.

Save your money.  She is under gunned as a T-8.  Takes too long to reload, smoke sucks, and marginally better health than the Edinburgh.   Either they move her down a tier, fix her firing rate & smoke or they need to refund  player's cash.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[KIDOB]
[KIDOB]
Members
75 posts
22,198 battles

moving it up one tier....    and overprice it.  Nice move.

People were desperate to get this ship, but for tier 7 ranked or clan battles. ... if ever again.

Moving it up a tier might make it more profitable for you, but it becomes nothing special to have a radar on tier 8. 

The only advantage she had. 

besides, with the MM mess you have, you´re likely to play against tier 9 and 10 ships most of the time. 

Also, with the amount of money you ask for her, I could  go into a toy shop or a computer shop and I can get a ton of REAL stuff,

or buy presents for 5 people.

...also you fail to realize that the price is over a week of salary in many countries, you should know that, given your location.

happy selling season.

• Cool 1

Members
3,429 posts
6,898 battles

Belfast 43 would be perfect if she had a Heal and the original Smoke specs ....Getting uptiered from the original really makes it vulnerable.  Why can't WG just add the heal to make it a lot more playable than what it is now ?   I have altered my play style on the 43 by distancing myself and positioning myself away and it works but some old habits came back and then that when you get BLAPPED! LOL!  

[KIDOB]
[KIDOB]
Members
75 posts
22,198 battles

Anybody hiding in smoke, away from DDs and not doing anything for the team should get deleted in one salvo. 

Unfortunately, not even dds give a crap about capture anymore....what for?

Cruisers spamming HE from  A1 or A10.... depending on what side you re on.....

and BBs sniping from behind an island... or reversing the whole match. Unless you have a German one, 

in that case you yolo into cap as soon as you can. 

then people discussing on chat about MM or ship specs.... while we lose  12 ships to 1 

familiar???       

as long as there are people willing to pay ridiculous real money for overpriced virtual ""goods""

they will do the same to us.           ...          A game for kids, freaks, and asian sci-fi lovers.

world of vodka for breakfast, this is.