Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Sventex

Do they ever issue Commander Coupons?

7 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

2,452
[REVY]
Members
8,099 posts
6,118 battles

Do they ever offer coupons for buying Coal Captains or Doubloon Captains?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,107
[POP]
Members
4,667 posts
12,429 battles

No, and they don't plan on doing it either. In one of the reddit or discord q and a sessions, someone asked about the possibility of getting a coupon for the coal commanders and the response was that the commanders are priced with the coupon baked in (and that if they added a coupon they'd have to increase the price of the commanders). Most of the reactions to that were on the 'solution in search of a problem' side, but that's the official stance from WG at the present.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,236
[WOLF3]
Members
28,264 posts
24,670 battles

None that I recall.

Just now, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

No, and they don't plan on doing it either. In one of the reddit or discord q and a sessions, someone asked about the possibility of getting a coupon for the coal commanders and the response was that the commanders are priced with the coupon baked in (and that if they added a coupon they'd have to increase the price of the commanders). Most of the reactions to that were on the 'solution in search of a problem' side, but that's the official stance from WG at the present.

Ouch!

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
833
[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,470 posts
17,814 battles

I also waited patiently for the coupon and it never materialized. I eventually just forked over the 175,000 coal and picked up Gunther Lutjens; he was worth it. 

JUST SITTING HERE WAITING FOR THE FIRST SALE - Spiderman | Make a Meme

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
264
[KIA-C]
Supertester
1,815 posts
6,003 battles
4 hours ago, Jolly_Rodgered said:

I also waited patiently for the coupon and it never materialized. I eventually just forked over the 175,000 coal and picked up Gunther Lutjens; he was worth it. 

JUST SITTING HERE WAITING FOR THE FIRST SALE - Spiderman | Make a Meme

You won't regret it. He's the most versatile captain of all the legendary commanders and arguably the most valuable. He can be put on EVERY class. Not only that but if the commander skill rework goes though, ALL legendary and unique commanders become much more valuable and even could be said to be actually justifying the coal prices.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,433 posts
40,904 battles
1 hour ago, Skeem689 said:

You won't regret it. He's the most versatile captain of all the legendary commanders and arguably the most valuable. He can be put on EVERY class. Not only that but if the commander skill rework goes though, ALL legendary and unique commanders become much more valuable and even could be said to be actually justifying the coal prices.

In others words, they become coal blooded killer captains.

Cough, cough. *Black lung.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,710
[1984]
Members
4,316 posts
21,179 battles
1 hour ago, Skeem689 said:

You won't regret it. He's the most versatile captain of all the legendary commanders and arguably the most valuable. He can be put on EVERY class. Not only that but if the commander skill rework goes though, ALL legendary and unique commanders become much more valuable and even could be said to be actually justifying the coal prices.

This remains to be seen pending the rework. The latest spcecial captain had no special skills, thus we don’t know if the rework will keep or nerf the special buffs. I would and will be holding any purchases until this is clarified.

Edited by monpetitloup

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×