You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
weiwaynezhang

How you casual daily?

15 comments in this topic

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,311 battles

I usually wear a t-shirt and shorts, but it's warm here in Taichung.

• Haha 1

[WOLFC]
Members
513 posts
7,420 battles

For me? All of it.

I save the "tryhard" effort for things I get paid for.

:cap_cool:

• Cool 2

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
1,368 posts
4,912 battles

A bit of shoot here, a torp there and maybe a little sinking over yonder.

I save the war for games that matter. Its not a pretty sight at that point.

[VORTX]
Members
409 posts
6,281 battles

When working (freelancer) I won’t play at all. Work takes too much time. Atm in this 2020 bubble, I am playing about an hour to two hours a day. Usually I’ll get the first two containers quick and the 3rd will just depend on the day. Are the wins coming my way or am I stuck in a loss streak? 

my routine is to get wins in two lines I’m grinding snd then wins with my 19 point captains for elite XP. This will change a bit when the 21 pointer thing actually drops, but that’s it for now. Mostly randoms for the first hour and then coop later. 

[O_O]
Members
6,767 posts
16,209 battles

I run three Co-op games with Gaede, Farragut, and Nicholas to quickly get the damage dailies.  After that, I switch to Randoms, work on whatever ships need advancing, and complete as many remaining dailies as I have time for.

Members
3,420 posts
40,773 battles
8 hours ago, Taichunger said:

I usually wear a t-shirt and shorts, but it's warm here in Taichung.

I just tai my chung and wang chung the bots in a t-shirt and shorts.

If it gets cold, it's Texas, it is rare if it gets cold.

It's more like someone is playing with the thermostat over here. Cold morning, dang hot afternoon. Rain 🌧️ on the weekend, sure. If there are somehow clouds that got lazy on some extended coffee break, and a super cold front comes down because the jet stream decided: "I'm going downnnnnnnn, 'cause Texas needs a hug", then we get a huge torrential blizzard of snow,ice, sleet, grown men suddenly cuddling the missus in the morning, the missus is like: " finally, yes", and the kids are like: "Aw mannn! We are going to have to get bunk beds! Mom and Dad are going for 2!"

Yeah, we get snow ❄️. But only when a Frost Giant takes a stroll south and Thor has to bring him back.

Frost Giant: " Texas, it really is like a whole other country. What is Sailor Moon doing with that Bulbasaur?"

Thor: "Okay Frosty, time to go back to Jotunheim. Lo, I see a twin tail blonde in a sailor outfit."

Frosty: "That's Sailor Moon. Popular superhero. Her anime is nice, er, if you like that sort of thing. Er."

Thor: "Well, she sure does move about quite fast. Might she be single?"

Frosty: "She has Tuxedo Mask. So that is a big Hel no."

Hel: "A shame, she looks quite fetching. Those are nice boots."

Loki: "Interesting, I didn't figure you liked blondes Hel other than Baldur."

Hel: "Oh, I still have Baldur. Chained up."

Thor: "Maybe I should rescue him. His wife does miss him."

Hel: "See these hands, I break more than hammers with them. "*Stares at Thor's crotch.

*Thor and Loki both cover up reflexively their privates then return to normal.

Loki: "Frosty is right you know, Sailor Moon has Tuxedo Mask."

Hel: "Then I will just have to crush him by crushing them."

*Thor and Loki let out a gasp.

Thor: "Let's go Frosty. Before we all get crushed."

Frosty: "Uh, okay. For once, I am not going to complain."

Loki: "Well, I will be off then too." *Hel grabs Loki's collar.

Hel: "Introduce usssss..."

*Loki turns into a piece of poop, Hel reflexively lets go and Loki gets away immediately.

Hel: "Disgusting Loki, that was disgusting!"

Edited by SteelRain_Rifleman
  • Cool 1

[CNO]
Members
6,076 posts
18,547 battles
9 hours ago, weiwaynezhang said:

wondering how much progress everyone does casually. 

After the first couple of years in the grind, I pretty much assembled about 90% of the ships I play.  So the concept of "progress" in terms of gaining ships is moot for me as I have plenty sitting around I've yet to get to.  Progress, in terms of gaining experience...that comes with everyday casual play.  

So...I come home after work each night and when I find a window to play a bit, I just load up whatever I feel like at the time, and have fun.  If some event is occurring, I don't let the drive my choice.  I play for fun, and if I complete something...that's great!  

My only exception last year...and likely this year...is the steel collection at Christmas.  That is a simple grind and you can do it in Co-op. 

Edited by Soshi_Sone
  • Cool 1

[DVYJC]
Members
3,565 posts
8,204 battles

Depends on the update. Now I run three fast Big Hunt games in Gale. Don't much care about the battle points earned, I already have most of the unique rewards for the event. Then I try for three random wins in Cleveland and Jervis, which I am grinding right now. 

When I don't have any time, I will do two co-op games in Friesland and then either four Scenarios if it's not Defeat at Newport Station week or four more Friesland games. 

As a general rule, if you're trying to get all the daily containers and complete all the daily combat missions, do the first two combat missions in co-op, and then either do Scenarios or play Randoms in the ship you enjoy most and are best in. My win rate in Friesland is almost six percentage points higher than my average Random win rate, and I find it easier to carry in destroyers if necessary, so I do that. 

[IRNBN]
Members
3,693 posts
10,741 battles

I generally start the day playing all my 19-point commanders for the daily bonuses and resource containers.

After that, it can be anything from Charleston to Ohio, depending on my mood.

After the Ohio RB grind I swore off effort-required events and campaigns for good. If a pretty new bote can be had for accumulated coal, accidental event completion, or FXP, that's fine, but I ain't breaking a sweat for anything now.

Edited by Balon_Greyjoy
  • Cool 1

[_BDA_]
Members
397 posts
6,257 battles

Lately I've been using the bug hunt to blast through the first three dailies since now they rely on damage instead of base experience.  After that I use my Tier V through VIII heavies in Co-op for experience and victories.  Personally, I haven't found Random Battles very rewarding as my best ships tend to be slower and miss too many opportunities for earning experience.

[SALVO]
Members
5,302 posts
4,540 battles

Steadily pushing all T7 into T8. Usually play for first wins up to 2 containers on working days, off days usually push for the third and some more if I'm in the mood 

Edited by ArIskandir

[WOLF4]
Members
15 posts
14,051 battles

It depends on the current list of grindfests that WG has going on. Sometimes I hit a few games of Coop to get the first 3 boxes, sometimes marathon randoms. I have enough ships and new ships are a huge grind or an obscene amount of money so I'm not interested. I consider myself a remarkable specimen of average gameplay. I took a week long break a month ago, and started walking a half hour a day. Haven't played for a month and lost 10 pounds so the future is to be decided. I really miss some of the more realistic play that used to happen. Now everything from WG is like a commercial for a used car lot. Lots of balloons and fireworks (and transformers, anime, monsters) and distractions while the gameplay itself keeps declining. I would like to finish out a few more lines to Tier 10, but they keep slamming more and more lines out, so I will probably just stop grinding and just play the few ships that I really enjoy. It's kind of disappointing to me. I love Naval history and ships, but I wish there was more actual naval gameplay. I wish that we could have operations like Dunkinrk etc, but have real players on both sides. One tries to accomplish a mission, the other side tries to prevent them, throw in some shore batteries and minefields.  Killing bots is boring and killing noobs is boring, especially when it takes 5 minutes of loading and 5 minutes of driving the boat to the battle.