Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Shomaruki

No more DDers complaining about CV Rockets :<

11 comments in this topic

[PISD]
Members
27 posts
543 battles

My last game is prime example (When I figure out how to get to the screenshots I'll upload it.)  I'll break down the paragraphs into sections. 

Complaints against CV from DDers:

The Rockets, I want to point out we were at a lost the game but also wanted to bring to the table a DD was successfully able to sneak his way all the way to my other CV teammate. (Game with two CVS on each side damn we were torpedoing ships like mad XD....anyway!) He managed to sneak and torp him and still wasn't seen on radar. Only way why I survived was because the moment I got the alert on incoming I was on the other side of the tiny [edited]island we were sharing and I went and moved straight south because all the fighting was on the other end. Now I hit this DD several times with my rockets, and he did a hella job trying to avoid them. The heart of my missiles didn't hit him directly. Main reason he didn't chase me was because I was literally using my torps to turn him away from me and he used that to try and keep some distance. (I can only assume he knew I was sailing directly towards my teammates. (Mind you none of those guys turned back around to help me! :<......I'll remember your names..)

My thing is I don't see how DDs are still in a position to complain about rockets. This was literally the FIRST commander ever in a match I've seen to successfully attempt to dodge rockets. Most dds I shoot up usually sail in a straight line and I just line up the shoots and poof o.o.

Which brings me to my point, I don't think rockets in general are a mechanic issue as such of a player issue not attempting to try.  I take the fault on the part I should of skim the waters of the edges to find a DD. (of coarse the one damn time I don't a dd appears lol..) 

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
11,442 posts
19,196 battles

Power creep... CVs have benefited from it since game patch 0.8.0 series. Few things in the game can be viewed as DD suppression because its no longer CV defense. 

• CV secondaries
    • Best danm secondaries in the game...
      • Some are greater reach then some DD torp range.
      • They can sink a DD/cruiser with ease.
  • CVs sending zombie planes (after its sunk) to retaliate against small ships.
    • Even when DDs catch a CV of guard.
      • Mindless Secondaries gets him a "dont get sunk" card
      • Even when you're able to sink a CV. he sends his Zombie planes after the little ship that sunk him in retaliation for doing so.
      • Not to mention planes are way faster and can cover the whole map in no time. Leaving a DD without any viable options for self defense.

OP, in summery... I disagree with your analogy... DDs/cruisers have every right to complain to the power creep benefits of the CV class.

The CV class have it good... All they have to do is know, how aim and fly...

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Cool 1
  • Meh 3

Members
3,420 posts
40,821 battles
1 hour ago, Shomaruki said:

My last game is prime example (When I figure out how to get to the screenshots I'll upload it.)  I'll break down the paragraphs into sections. 

Complaints against CV from DDers:

The Rockets, I want to point out we were at a lost the game but also wanted to bring to the table a DD was successfully able to sneak his way all the way to my other CV teammate. (Game with two CVS on each side damn we were torpedoing ships like mad XD....anyway!) He managed to sneak and torp him and still wasn't seen on radar. Only way why I survived was because the moment I got the alert on incoming I was on the other side of the tiny [edited]island we were sharing and I went and moved straight south because all the fighting was on the other end. Now I hit this DD several times with my rockets, and he did a hella job trying to avoid them. The heart of my missiles didn't hit him directly. Main reason he didn't chase me was because I was literally using my torps to turn him away from me and he used that to try and keep some distance. (I can only assume he knew I was sailing directly towards my teammates. (Mind you none of those guys turned back around to help me! :<......I'll remember your names..)

My thing is I don't see how DDs are still in a position to complain about rockets. This was literally the FIRST commander ever in a match I've seen to successfully attempt to dodge rockets. Most dds I shoot up usually sail in a straight line and I just line up the shoots and poof o.o.

Which brings me to my point, I don't think rockets in general are a mechanic issue as such of a player issue not attempting to try.  I take the fault on the part I should of skim the waters of the edges to find a DD. (of coarse the one damn time I don't a dd appears lol..) 

Actually, they dodge rockets a lot. Don't believe the hype. They just want you to believe that.

I usually attack DDs with torps to take half to 3/4s of their health down, then one rocket pop, done.

If they know you can torp them, then they know you can rocket them. They will fear you like you are the monster in the closet.

DD night lights are on sail at the Evil CV gift shop. All proceeds go to Darth Vader's School of Wayward Angry Sithy and Dangerous.

WASD.

[TFFOX]
Members
801 posts
1,696 battles
2 hours ago, Shomaruki said:

when planes come, i maneuver my ship like hell so they cant hit me

[POP]
Members
1,162 posts
9,911 battles
1 hour ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

Actually, they dodge rockets a lot. Don't believe the hype. They just want you to believe that.

My experience on both the giving end and receiving end of the rocket vs DD interaction is this.

The DD will loose 90% of its hit points to enemy surface ship fire due to radar traps, poor positioning and poor decisions yet he/she will complain about the 10% he/she lost to the rocket planes that most time were only able to hit him because he/she was;

Already spotted by other ships.

Unable to maneuver due to having run aground.

Unable to maneuver due to engine being knocked out.

Not maneuvering because the are distracted by above mentioned surface ships already shooting at them and not paying attention to the CV planes.

I can count on one hand the number of times I have killed a DD in 3 passes with rockets or been killed by a CV in a DD in 3 passes without the assistance of other surface ships.  Those few times were entirely avoidable had the DD (myself included) been more cautious about where I was going when the CV had a full rocket strike groups in the air.  

• Cool 2

Members
3,420 posts
40,821 battles
6 hours ago, HallaSnackbar said:

My experience on both the giving end and receiving end of the rocket vs DD interaction is this.

The DD will loose 90% of its hit points to enemy surface ship fire due to radar traps, poor positioning and poor decisions yet he/she will complain about the 10% he/she lost to the rocket planes that most time were only able to hit him because he/she was;

Already spotted by other ships.

Unable to maneuver due to having run aground.

Unable to maneuver due to engine being knocked out.

Not maneuvering because the are distracted by above mentioned surface ships already shooting at them and not paying attention to the CV planes.

I can count on one hand the number of times I have killed a DD in 3 passes with rockets or been killed by a CV in a DD in 3 passes without the assistance of other surface ships.  Those few times were entirely avoidable had the DD (myself included) been more cautious about where I was going when the CV had a full rocket strike groups in the air.  

Oh, you pretty much explained that one quite well. I am having deja vu because I might have said a version of this and I got pelted with tomahtoes, yes, I spelled it wrong on purpose.

But I admire your assessment and totally agree. At least I brought my big baseball glove so the tomahtoes and cabbages can be caught.

Just take cover behind that abandoned shimakaze. It's run around, so it can't sink. 

The story behind it is the owners affixed rockets to the DD to add more speed. But a teammate Tashkent got sunk in front as he activated the rockets to get away from my torpedoes and he hits Kenny, flies over two islands and lands smack dab on the sand bar.

He took out 4 WG cameramen and an audio tech in the process that were observing the battle. 

Yes, this is why we have audio issues. 

The shimakaze has the distinction of having a flight time of 96 seconds which qualifies the captain for pilot's wings, but he refused them. And also being the only in game DD that can't physically sink in battle.

WG, to cover up the incident, built an enclosure based on the sarcophagus at Chernobyl to hide the DD in game.

To date, this bug is yet to be addressed.

But the player was so ashamed, he never filed a ticket.

So, WG will officially disavow the existence of this DD. I only know because I was the CV player and the rest of the players were bought off with 49k detonation flags each.

I asked for a Shikishima, and they replied: "Go ahead, no one will believe you."

😏

• Cool 1

[KAG]
Members
75 posts
10,220 battles

I was going to take this post seriously until I realized the OP is an extremely new player with most of his games in low tier carriers. Obviously I'm not going to stat shame or anything like that. New players need time, but what I will say is that rockets are far far far more powerful at higher tiers than tier 4 and 6. 

It is not uncommon at all at tier 10 for a Midway or Audacious to remove half a destroyer's health bar with one flight of rocket planes. And this requires little skill to do with how much health tier 10 planes have and how completely ineffective AA is even at tier 10 with only a few exceptions (Halland, Worcester, Colbert). Of course all the CV mains on this forum will completely deny the fact that CVs are broken and call it a "vocal minority" (<--- WG quote right there), but simply watching CV interaction at high tier should tell any person who isn't a CV main that they're an unfair class.

The ability to damage almost every ship from over 30km away with precision while also spotting them for the team for often over the duration of a radar charge is inherently too strong. This is compounded by the fact that AA is entirely reliant on flak, which is way too easy to dodge and is based entirely on RNG. That means that ships under attack from a carrier can only turn their ship to "mitigate" the damage. There is no outplaying the carrier because they will 90% of the time always get damage on you. Especially if the target is a destroyer. Multiple times I have personally been aped by a CV whilst playing a destroyer. As I am "supposed" to do, I angle towards the rockets, keep my AA off until I'm about to be spotted, sector my AA properly. Result? 1 plane shot down and receiving 3k damage only for the rockets to come back and do it again. And keep in mind the DD has to dodge shots from the multiple ships that are benefiting from the carrier's spotting.

Destroyers and cruisers (and with how potent F.D.R. rockets are, even battleships now) have every right to complain about rockets and carriers in general. They have no counterplay. It's a common theme amongst all the overpowered ships in the game. Smolensk, Thunderer, Smaland, etc.. There is no sure fire way to fight back against them unless they make a massive error. If you're in a battleship getting farmed by a Thunderer, what do you do? Your only hope is to run and hope that he can't get  spotting on you. If you're fighting a Smolensk, what do you do? You run and hope he runs out of spotting (though Smolensk is way easier to deal with now since its guns have limited penetration on cruisers). What do you do against Smaland's stealth radar and incredible DPM? You simply die if you're in a destroyer or get farmed to death if you're in a battleship while hoping your team (lol) can kill him. Carriers are exactly the same, but worse because you can't even damage the carrier when he strikes you. And more often than not, your AA will be completely worthless. So yes, they are a very broken class despite what CV mains and the idiots in the WG development team say. 

And one more thing that has to be said. High tier destroyers and cruisers, particularly tier 9 and 10, are WAY bigger ships so are easier to strike. Harugumo, Khabarovsk, and Kleber are comparable to tier 5 cruisers. Other tier 10 destroyers are like tier 4 cruisers in size. Henri IV is bigger than some tier 8 battleships. Des Moines and Salem are only about 5 metres shorter than North Carolina, a tier 8 battleship. That makes striking these ships way easier.

Edited by MitoUchiha
  • Boring 1

[CLUMP]
Members
1,086 posts
1,345 battles

OP you need to keep eye on what enemy DDs are doing if not they will sneak up on you :fish_panic:Never let DDs get too close in fact never any ships close :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by LastRemnant

Members
3 posts
946 battles

As a CV main i can say everyone is extremely paranoid about planes doing damage to them so much so ive seen ships ive attempted to hit on a run dodge then show full broadside to an enemy thats the problem with this whole issue so it makes people only play high level aa ships or work towards them like a bandwagon thing. The way to make it fair is to take priority aa away thats all ive killed many heavy aa ships but you shouldnt be allowed to press a button at any time in a certain direction and so welp got me 12 planes shot down ribbons mean while the cv has to wait 90secs to even higher to just get one plane back how is that fair dds have such a huge advantage in game at any time at any chance but if me a cv sees the team is mostly made up of 80+ aa and likes to stay in a ball cause they are so paranoid that they might take a few rockets or bombs that u can easily just fish tail a little bit and dodge it how is the cvs in the wrong 

Edited by coolj102

[-RRR-]
Members
10 posts
6,579 battles

As a 'DD Main,' CV's are OP for these reasons;

1. unlimited airplanes

2. poor AA on all ships

3. instant repair party

4 incredible accuracy (mostly in higher tier)

In lower tier matches, yes, DD can dodge more easily (this is offset by DD's having pathetic AA), but in Higher tier, being spotted by rocket planes means that 10-25% of my hit points will be gone plus another 40% by other ships. I've had matches where I couldn't even get out of spawn (triple and double CV)  While playing a "AA Cruiser," an air attack will still always do damage (just magic up some new planes). There is no incentive to reserve aircraft.

Fix CV's, then we can discuss Radar. This game was more fun when Cleveland was a T6. I used to chew up DD's with a Cleveland and shot down planes

• Funny 1

Members
405 posts

Rockets deal too much damage to DDs.  The CV spotting and death from HE spam, too.  CVs ruin the game as a DD.  WOW has no intention to "fix" it, because it's working as intended to keep the BB cash cows happy.

Edited by nhf

Sign in to follow this