Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
buzz_bomb

What is the GK tank/survival build

3 comments in this topic

[TF16]
Members
92 posts
6,261 battles

I just got my GK. I want to build the ship to optimize is effectiveness and from what I have seen and read the tank/survival build is best. Can someone break down exactly what captain skills this means taking, and ships modules. Is it more ideal to go with the 406s or 420s? I can't really find anything that breaks down specifically what should be brought for this kind of build. 

[PVE]
Members
6,892 posts
22,643 battles
1 hour ago, buzz_bomb said:

I just got my GK. I want to build the ship to optimize is effectiveness and from what I have seen and read the tank/survival build is best. Can someone break down exactly what captain skills this means taking, and ships modules. Is it more ideal to go with the 406s or 420s? I can't really find anything that breaks down specifically what should be brought for this kind of build. 

The skills tree has categories (listed at the tops of the columns)...the survival category is in the 1st 2 columns.

If you're gonna go in brawling the AFT skill (not 1 of the survival skills) increases your 2ndary range by 20% & is good for survival on top of any actual survival skills you take...

FP is the must have for a survival build & BofS is a good 1also.

Others could give you a better all around survival build but those 2 (not necessarily the AFT... that's just my personal suggestion if you plan on getting in close) are surely gonna be in any real survival build.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[WOLFC]
Members
1,976 posts
10,355 battles
6 hours ago, buzz_bomb said:

The tank build for most battleships uses the following skills for 16 points: PT, EM, SI, FP, CE, and AR. The previous three ships in the German BB tree don’t need EM, but I would recommend it for GK. After that the common choice is BoS, but I personally don’t think it’s worth 3 points. I use JoaT (for faster RP and DCP) instead and either PM or EL for the last 3 points.

In regards to modules: in slot 1 take either main armaments or auxiliary armaments. I typically take the former if I don’t have PM, since German turrets are a bit weak. If you run PM though the auxiliary armaments mod is a good choice. After that run standard BB modules: both damage con modules in 2 and 4, aiming systems in slot 3, as well as concealment and main battery ROF in slots 5 and 6, respectively.

In regards to gun choice, it’s largely a matter of personal preference. The barrel count is identical but the 406s have shorter reload while the 420s have greater penetration. The 420s do have the Yamato gun sound, though...

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Cool 1

Sign in to follow this