Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Persephassa

Any way to remove a specific voice line from a voiceover?

10 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1
[AIR]
Members
2 posts
1,472 battles

Heya!

First time using the forum, not sure if this is the right section to ask this question, let me know if not please. 

I just want to know if there's a way to remove a specific voice line from a voiceover. Currently using Kouko Nosa from HSF and every time a torp hits the enemy, she says something. I mostly play as CV so I think you can imagine how annoying it is... it's actually driving me crazy. 

Any idea?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,307
[WORX]
Members
11,457 posts
19,196 battles
12 minutes ago, Persephassa said:

Heya!

First time using the forum, not sure if this is the right section to ask this question, let me know if not please. 

I just want to know if there's a way to remove a specific voice line from a voiceover. Currently using Kouko Nosa from HSF and every time a torp hits the enemy, she says something. I mostly play as CV so I think you can imagine how annoying it is... it's actually driving me crazy. 

Any idea?

Spacific lines no...

I do think you can change the voices entirety under the "audio" tab of your in-game settings.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,801
[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,673 posts

You could mod a special voiceover and change the specific line that annoyed you to something else but it would take considerable knowledge of the game's programming to do so. Search for "modding WOWS voiceovers."

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1
[AIR]
Members
2 posts
1,472 battles
17 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Spacific lines no...

I do think you can change the voices entirety under the "audio" tab of your in-game settings.

Yeah... about that... Most of the captains I like will say something similar when a torp hits. I had the ARP Kongo voiceover which was great and doesn't say anything but it was removed from my options sadly.

14 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

You could mod a special voiceover and change the specific line that annoyed you to something else but it would take considerable knowledge of the game's programming to do so. Search for "modding WOWS voiceovers."

Hey! This sounds like a possible solution. TYSM! I'll give it a try.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,878
[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,089 posts
22,658 battles

I'd like find a way to make all captains speak English - the default system English voiceover. I mean that the English speaking Alexander Ovechkin, who speaks with an accent, could be changed to sound like the default English speaker. That also means that the Russian speaking Ovechkin would speak English also. I cannot force that change in settings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,431 posts
40,904 battles
6 minutes ago, Mailman653 said:

Modding voices is a tricky affair. @Chobittsu, any tips you could share? :fish_book:

Yeah, @Chobittsu
say, hypothetically, I have a US captain that resembles a Sub Octavian, can I dub Stuart from in Mad TV over his voice. So that every time he gets hit with torps, he goes: "No! No!"

And when players ask me to enter a cap I quick command: "Look what I can do!"

This mod would be Gold 👍.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
348
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
1,322 posts
7,756 battles
3 hours ago, Mailman653 said:

Modding voices is a tricky affair. @Chobittsu, any tips you could share? :fish_book:

Knowing @Chobittsu if anyone here could give you good advice he could he's forgotten more about voiceovers than anyone else knows... You may want to give his mod Mermaids Wrath a look its best in class IMO... 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,023
[SOUP]
Modder
8,814 posts

Sorry I'm late to the party, recently been on Weegee's shiplist and didn't feel the need to come here, install this linked file to the following file heading and it should fix your issue. At least, I think it will, I dunno, I'm on 2 hours of sleep right now...

(YOUR WOWS INSTALL LOCATION) \bin\ (HIGHEST NUMBER) \res_mods\banks\OfficialMods\HighschoolFleet    Then add this mod.xml

So in the end it should look something like C:\Games\World_of_Warships\bin\3052606\res_mods\banks\OfficialMods\HighschoolFleet\mod.xml
Yours though might look slightly different, I dunno

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×