You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Fastwolf66

Really bad luck or obvious cash grab?

23 comments in this topic

[KOOKS]
Beta Testers
319 posts
10,692 battles

Well... sorry, have to rage tell this... 5 containers of the Always Courageous collection, after completion the prize is a now mediocre american tier V BB. 

Have 3 elements of a total of 16. Open 5 RANDOM containers, each containing one element. so each one had 13/16 chance of being NOT duplicated, vs 3/16 of being duplicated. Results? obviously, 4 DUPLICATED and 1 new. The chances of that, gross, are like 81/65.536 or aprox 1/1000. So... I am really unlucky or WG really want us to complete the collection purchasing containers?

I know they need money, but there are other methods, perfectly legit, to obtain money, and not laughing at the face of their customers, or playing them dumb. Like premium time, ships, captains...

Sorry about the rage post but it´s really... 

PD: I know im not considering the not duplicated on the calculations, but was the last container so my numbers are right with the first 4 containers.

• Sad 2
  • Meh 1

[SALVO]
Members
5,310 posts
4,551 battles

Usually you can expend duplicates to fill the missing gaps... you don't need to "draw" the missing one in particular

[KOOKS]
Beta Testers
319 posts
10,692 battles

Sorry, miscalculation, there were 4 containers, not 5. That changes a lot, the chances were just 27/4096, a whopping 7/1000. Now makes sense. 

(note the irony)

[KOOKS]
Beta Testers
319 posts
10,692 battles
1 minute ago, ArIskandir said:

Usually you can expend duplicates to fill the missing gaps... you don't need to "draw" the missing one in particular

Thanks, but here, misteriously, the rate of change is 4/1, not 1/1. Strange...

[ARGSY]
Members
21,672 posts
15,719 battles
16 minutes ago, Fastwolf66 said:

So... I am really unlucky or WG really want us to complete the collection purchasing containers?

If you're willing to wait, you can get them for coal next year - they're planning to release them to the Armory in patch 0.10.5 (which should fall around July 4 2021 if my rough guess is correct).

It depends on which is deeper - your patience or your wallet. Given what some people would need to cough up to ensure getting the ship, I'd be inclined to wait and get her for coal.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[CO-OP]
Members
2,033 posts
26,054 battles

The only way to determine this is if we can get more people to post their container distribution.  As of right now, you might be one of the 7 unfortunate players in 1000 that got 4 duplicates.

[ARGSY]
Members
21,672 posts
15,719 battles

I have three dups so far, but I'd have to get home and log into the game before I could tell you how many boxes I'd opened.

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,081 posts
22,645 battles

Eight boxes, so far, with 5 unique items and 3 dupes.

image.png.eecbf2e33f82548bc815114d0f3062cc.png

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,081 posts
22,645 battles
45 minutes ago, Fastwolf66 said:

Thanks, but here, misteriously, the rate of change is 4/1, not 1/1. Strange...

Those rates of exchange have changed between different collections from 1/1 to 5/1. I assume the rate is based on the potential number of container drops compared to the number of items to be collected. It isn't consistent nor guaranteed.

[-TCO-]
[-TCO-]
Members
615 posts
5,487 battles
1 hour ago, Fastwolf66 said:

Well... sorry, have to rage tell this... 5 containers of the Always Courageous collection, after completion the prize is a now mediocre american tier V BB. 

Have 3 elements of a total of 16. Open 5 RANDOM containers, each containing one element. so each one had 13/16 chance of being NOT duplicated, vs 3/16 of being duplicated. Results? obviously, 4 DUPLICATED and 1 new. The chances of that, gross, are like 81/65.536 or aprox 1/1000. So... I am really unlucky or WG really want us to complete the collection purchasing containers?

I know they need money, but there are other methods, perfectly legit, to obtain money, and not laughing at the face of their customers, or playing them dumb. Like premium time, ships, captains...

PD: I know im not considering the not duplicated on the calculations, but was the last container so my numbers are right with the first 4 containers.

So, had 3 pieces and opened 5 containers. All 5 were new. I guess I got your luck reversed. Or I cheated. Somehow.

Since then I pulled three dupes in a row. <shrug>

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,934 posts
46,869 battles

7 containers opened.

2 duplicates.

[WKY13]
Members
535 posts
11,123 battles
1 hour ago, Khafni said:

Eight boxes, so far, with 5 unique items and 3 dupes.

image.png.eecbf2e33f82548bc815114d0f3062cc.png

I think I’m 4 with 2 dupes out of six boxes

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,264 posts
21,678 battles
2 hours ago, Fastwolf66 said:

It only takes 1 duplicate to buy 1 you don't have....

[ARC]
Members
1,009 posts
11,176 battles
23 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

It only takes 1 duplicate to buy 1 you don't have....

This collection requires 4 duplicates to get one element you don't have. The exchange rate is not fixed, it always changes depending on the availability of the containers.

[TFFOX]
Members
801 posts
1,696 battles
2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

If you're willing to wait, you can get them for coal next year - they're planning to release them to the Armory in patch 0.10.5 (which should fall around July 4 2021 if my rough guess is correct).

It depends on which is deeper - your patience or your wallet. Given what some people would need to cough up to ensure getting the ship, I'd be inclined to wait and get her for coal.

blah. i can wait. there's no way i'm spending $$$ on a slower NY.

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
2,072 posts
15,082 battles

12 opened....no duplicates...............................sorry trolling hard.........................none opened no duplicated....though in game I am 4 for 4 for uniques :)

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,320 battles

The rule is pretty simple. Don't buy the containers. You will get more than enough in-game, and if not, just wait til the containers come to the armory.

[GGWP]
Members
137 posts

Don't gamble on these containers, especially for this collection; Oklahoma is a subpar ship and is very easy to obtain for free. If you really want it just wait for the containers to come to the armory for coal.

Edited by rhulkb27