You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
OnociTsalk

Premium time discount question (50%)

11 comments in this topic

[MHG]
Members
303 posts
18,934 battles

I am aware of the 50% discount given on a year of premium time every Christmas event (about $50) in the Premium Shop. I want to know if this also exists when purchasing the premium time using in game doubloons. For reference this is after clicking your profile-> Purchase Premium

image.thumb.png.978a37fde1edc078ecfd5bef78e84389.png

Does this also get the discount? The value of 12500 dubs is approximately $50. If anyone purchased or is certain they can purchase a year worth of premium for roughly this amount of in-game dubs during the sale, please let me know. Cheers!

[A-I-M]
Members
3,427 posts
14,103 battles
8 minutes ago, OnociTsalk said:

I am aware of the 50% discount given on a year of premium time every Christmas event (about $50) in the Premium Shop. I want to know if this also exists when purchasing the premium time using in game doubloons. For reference this is after clicking your profile-> Purchase Premium

image.thumb.png.978a37fde1edc078ecfd5bef78e84389.png

Does this also get the discount? The value of 12500 dubs is approximately $50. If anyone purchased or is certain they can purchase a year worth of premium for roughly this amount of in-game dubs during the sale, please let me know. Cheers!

The doubloon purchase of premium time gets discounted as well.

Be advised, however, that the 50% discount does not happen every year. Two years ago (or was it three?), a year of premium time was thrown into a bundle with a bunch of other stuff that made it expensive to buy. A case could be made that the bundle contents “value” created the equivalent of a discount on the premium time that approached 50%, but the price was high because of all the extra stuff.

[CK5]
Members
1,456 posts
15,484 battles

WG does a good job of needlessly annoying and/or alienating players with its pricing.  The expensive bundle to get premium time a few years ago is a good example.  I usually purchase a year's premium time during the Christmas discount, but I am also very wary of what I am buying.  I am hoping WG will just play it straight this year, but you never know.  

Edited by PrairiePlayer

[WOLF3]
Members
386 posts
10,687 battles

Not a huge deal, I can just use a coupon when they are available. What I have been wondering is whether I would rather just buy the universal for 100 dollars for tanks and ships and call it good enough.

[SYN]
Members
15,874 posts
12,803 battles

The first year, they had WG premium time for all 3 of their World of series, which meant you could get 1080 days for $150.

The 2nd year for WoWs, WG corrected their mistake and didn't offer WG premium time at such a huge discount.

The 3rd year, they offered 360 WoWs premium time for $50.

AFAIK, the same 50% discount applied to doubloon equivalent.

[O_O]
Members
6,764 posts
16,173 battles

I bought the 1/2 off premium time with doubloons for the past two years.  It was three years ago that WG buried the 1/2 off in a bundle with a bunch of other fluff to jack up the cost.

I bought the "Admiral's Bounty" bundle in the premium shop which contained 30 days premium time and enough doubloons to then purchase 360 days for 1/2 off.  That was the hot ticket, as you ended up with 30 extra days premium time and a few left over doubloons for the same price as the premium time sale.

• Cool 2

[POP]
Members
4,652 posts
12,351 battles

In the past it has been a discount on the year with doubloons in game. I don’t recall any discounts on it in the premium shop, but I never really paid attention to that and just got it from the in game option using doubloons. Of course there’s no guarantee we’ll get the same discounts (if any) this year until they’re announced in a news article (and even then I’d say nothing’s guaranteed until it goes live in game), but the discounted year is always a big money maker for WG so I doubt it won’t come back this year. 

[KMS]
[KMS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,658 posts
12,120 battles

Im going to hold off.  I had 120 days when the Tier X boats came out.  Got a bunch of premium time from the supers and it was back over 200 days.... So if they do the X Christmas thing... ...I usually get a few boxes.  It might go up again.

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,333 posts
16,747 battles
5 minutes ago, Captain_Rawhide said:

As cheap as WG has been lately, I wouldn't count on the 50% Premium sale.

:Smile_great:You've got that right:Smile_sad:

Valkyrie Chooser of the Slain#7.png

Edited by shadowsrmine