You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Dr_Venture

Moskva - wow

10 comments in this topic

[SALVO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,061 posts
6,012 battles

Special thanks to my new friends at clan RNG for reintroducing me to a long lost love.

God, it's so much fun having outright rail guns...sending people to the Gulag with just disgusting cannons. I'm might grind for the Petro now...

20201103_182410_PRSC110-Pr-66-Moskva_23_Shards.wowsreplay

[WOLF3]
Members
28,123 posts
24,479 battles

Moskva's gunnery and shells are top notch, even for today's standards.  RU Cruisers are among the first post-launch ship line releases... Third released, I think.

But there were 4 things I hated with Moskva:

- Battleship Concealment.

- Awful maneuverability:  RU ships tend to have decent rudder shift times, but their turning circle radius sucks a**.  They start doing turns rather decently, but they do those turns lazily, if that makes any sense.  That will get you killed in RU Cruisers.

- YOOGE Cruiser.

- Skyscraper Citadel and very poor Citadel protection.

I never felt comfortable with her.  I had a few good games with her where the guns really showed their usefulness, but sailing her around felt uncomfortable.  You make a mistake, or someone gets in position to punish you, you're going down.  Shots to her sides by Cruisers or worse, Battleships, take her down very quickly.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Beta Testers
753 posts
5,279 battles
4 hours ago, Dr_Venture said:

Special thanks to my new friends at clan RNG for reintroducing me to a long lost love.

God, it's so much fun having outright rail guns...sending people to the Gulag with just disgusting cannons. I'm might grind for the Petro now...

20201103_182410_PRSC110-Pr-66-Moskva_23_Shards.wowsreplay

Petro and Moskva 2 different play styles. Personally I Dont like the Petro compared to the Moskva.

Petros ACC over distance is much worse than the Moskva.

[SALVO]
Members
5,173 posts
4,474 battles
6 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

- Awful maneuverability:  RU ships tend to have decent rudder shift times, but their turning circle radius sucks a**.  They start doing turns rather decently, but they do those turns lazily, if that makes any sense.  That will get you killed in RU Cruisers.

Oh boy, the turning circle is so huuuuge. That's the worst thing I've found so far about her. First time it got me killed I was masking my turn with an island, I should have made that turn with something "normal", but with Moskva I came out of cover and was still pretty much broadside

[SACH]
[SACH]
Members
1,074 posts

I found moskva to be an excellent now tanker . I've taken out several BBs in one match at close range and she has the capacity to punch holes into BB citadel's when nessecary. Overall it's an interesting ship. Glad I got her in my port . 

[WOLF3]
Members
28,123 posts
24,479 battles
4 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

Oh boy, the turning circle is so huuuuge. That's the worst thing I've found so far about her. First time it got me killed I was masking my turn with an island, I should have made that turn with something "normal", but with Moskva I came out of cover and was still pretty much broadside

I remember I was bow tanking some ships with her, but then noticed my flank was collapsing and everyone was running away or they were dead.  Now I was screwed:

- Continue to bow tank and reverse, then get eventually get focus fired by BBs and Cruisers.  Guaranteed death.

- Throttle up and do a 180 degree turn in the face of multiple foes.  Guaranteed death.

Disengaging with her can be difficult.  With Full Stealth Build she's about 14.1km surface detection.  But if she's on Fire, that effect worsens concealment by 2km, so she'd have 16.1km surface detection if things are looking bad.  Her max gun range is 19.4km.

My friend who was better with Moskva told me I shouldn't be so eager to do bow on tactics with her.  When you do that, especially against multiple opponents, you limit your options.  If things are going bad, or your team is pulling back, now you're f**ked.  He said I should be moving around more with her.  But I said that means taking shells to her very squishy sides.  And she's BIG, very hard to miss.  And her side plating isn't that good, either, it's her biggest vulnerability.

Again, I never felt comfortable in Moskva.

[PSA]
Members
5,111 posts
3,732 battles

Moskva is such a case of extremes. Well positioned and angled, she's crazy strong. Show a bit of side and she blows up if anyone even looks at her funny. I mean, you can pretty much fit a Minotaur within her citadel spaces, lol.

[LSNB]
Members
188 posts
5,981 battles

It is in my opinion that Moskva is a far better ship than Petropavlosk, especially when facing enemies that actually know what they're doing.