Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Armorhand

Always Courageous containers

36 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

2
[-REK-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6 posts
7,021 battles

Seems to me the AC containers are some of the most worthless available since I started playing in Alpha.  Just opened one and recieved: 1 flag, 50k creds, and 500 convertable XP.

Needless to say, I will NOT be pursuing the American BB Combat Missions, as the rewards are just not worth the effort.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,174
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,993 posts

They aren't really for the crate rewards.  They are for the collection and the T5 premium BB.

  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
210
[FFG33]
[FFG33]
Members
370 posts
14,436 battles

Out of 3 containers I opened so far for the collection items. I have two duplicates. 
 

Off to a great start. I don’t see the Oklahoma in my future.

Edited by custer_14
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
828
[KIA-T]
Members
2,237 posts
9,838 battles

Absolute Joke containers.

Oh hey! Just like the line they released with, theming!

  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,726
[A-I-M]
Members
3,440 posts
14,106 battles
20 minutes ago, Armorhand said:

...and 500 convertable XP.

 

No. It’s neither “convertable” XP nor convertible XP. It’s “Free XP” - already converted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,868
[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,079 posts
22,624 battles
31 minutes ago, Armorhand said:

Seems to me the AC containers are some of the most worthless available since I started playing in Alpha.  Just opened one and recieved: 1 flag, 50k creds, and 500 convertable XP.

Needless to say, I will NOT be pursuing the American BB Combat Missions, as the rewards are just not worth the effort.

The effort is minimal! You can do it all in Coop and, when you are done, you've gotten free stuff - just for playing. Nothing really wrong with that. I'll bet if you ignore the BB missions and just play as you normally do (maybe) you will find Oklahoma in your port by the time it is over.

This is definitely one of the easier "grinds" for a free premium.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,174
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,993 posts
12 minutes ago, Khafni said:

The effort is minimal! You can do it all in Coop and, when you are done, you've gotten free stuff - just for playing. Nothing really wrong with that. I'll bet if you ignore the BB missions and just play as you normally do (maybe) you will find Oklahoma in your port by the time it is over.

This is definitely one of the easier "grinds" for a free premium.

There is barely enough containers, if you get them all, and then it's up to luck a little bit.  WG said if you don't get enough, they will be offered for coal later to finish the collection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
316
[SACH]
[SACH]
Members
1,093 posts

The ships will drop soon enough for silver ...basically for free, why fret about free ships just hold up and wait .

I've accumulated almost 900k xp on my Colorado, that I'll grab the T8 right at the start.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
364
[CRF]
Members
869 posts
8,502 battles

Yea - the rewards are a bit underwhelming, but the historical items are kind of neat.  And like Khafni said, the effort is minimal, and I certainly will not expend any extra effort to get a new USN BB, that's for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
62
[PHD]
Members
217 posts
6,365 battles
1 hour ago, custer_14 said:

Out of 3 containers I opened so far for the collection items. I have two duplicates. 
 

Off to a great start. I don’t see the Oklahoma in my future.

Oklahoma is not much of a prize. Better off with Koenig or Kongo or even Iron Duke at T5.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
62
[PHD]
Members
217 posts
6,365 battles
47 minutes ago, Khafni said:

The effort is minimal! You can do it all in Coop and, when you are done, you've gotten free stuff - just for playing. Nothing really wrong with that. I'll bet if you ignore the BB missions and just play as you normally do (maybe) you will find Oklahoma in your port by the time it is over.

This is definitely one of the easier "grinds" for a free premium.

That's how I got Kansas. I wasn't trying to get it and just battled as normal and got it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,103
[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
19,991 battles
2 minutes ago, WM1957 said:

That's how I got Kansas. I wasn't trying to get it and just battled as normal and got it.

It's worth exactly what you paid for it.

  • Funny 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
210
[FFG33]
[FFG33]
Members
370 posts
14,436 battles
47 minutes ago, WM1957 said:

Oklahoma is not much of a prize. Better off with Koenig or Kongo or even Iron Duke at T5.

Or my GC, but def not spending cash monies on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,174
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,993 posts
1 hour ago, Versili said:

The ships will drop soon enough for silver ...basically for free, why fret about free ships just hold up and wait .

I've accumulated almost 900k xp on my Colorado, that I'll grab the T8 right at the start.

Again, the crates are for the collection, in your profile, for which the final reward is the T5 premium BB.  Not saying it's a good reward or getting the crates are worth it, but the premium BB Oklahoma, is what they are for.

They have nothing to do with the line ships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
316
[SACH]
[SACH]
Members
1,093 posts
9 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

Again, the crates are for the collection, in your profile, for which the final reward is the T5 premium BB.  Not saying it's a good reward or getting the crates are worth it, but the premium BB Oklahoma, is what they are for.

They have nothing to do with the line ships.

 

Yeah your right ..my bad I'll take that back but as far as containers WG has consistently made it so monotonous that sometimes its not even worth the effort.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,174
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,993 posts
7 minutes ago, Versili said:

Yeah your right ..my bad I'll take that back but as far as containers WG has consistently made it so monotonous that sometimes its not even worth the effort.

Honestly the missions for these crates just do themselves, long before my dailies are done without even trying.  The thing is just going to complete itself.  The only way they could have made it easier is to just forget the missions and hand out the crates.

Now whether the Oklahoma is worth anything....everyone says it's horrible so it is probably horrible.  It's free though so I will throw it in my port and it will sit there being a T5 for snowflakes and...maybe something useful one day?  Probably not, but stranger things have happened I suppose.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,110
[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
2,756 battles
3 hours ago, Khafni said:

The effort is minimal! You can do it all in Coop and, when you are done, you've gotten free stuff - just for playing. Nothing really wrong with that. I'll bet if you ignore the BB missions and just play as you normally do (maybe) you will find Oklahoma in your port by the time it is over.

This is definitely one of the easier "grinds" for a free premium.

It wont be easy to get the Oklahoma. You arent going to get her during the event without serious grinding...

...and I have better uses for my coal then gambling on finishing a collection for a one trick pony tier 5 battleship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,854
[FML]
Members
4,091 posts
15,967 battles
3 hours ago, custer_14 said:

Out of 3 containers I opened so far for the collection items. I have two duplicates. 
 

Off to a great start. I don’t see the Oklahoma in my future.

I’m glad I’m not the only one! (Though it took me 4 crates iirc). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,792 posts
23,987 battles
6 minutes ago, UltimateNewbie said:

I’m glad I’m not the only one! (Though it took me 4 crates iirc). 

I'm running at 50/50 between new and duplicates. Never had that happen before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,854
[FML]
Members
4,091 posts
15,967 battles
4 minutes ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

I'm running at 50/50 between new and duplicates. Never had that happen before.

It’s pretty standard for me - maybe not quite so extreme, but it’s always highly questionable whether the last possible available container will be sufficient for completing the collection or not. Never had it done easy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
316
[SACH]
[SACH]
Members
1,093 posts
2 hours ago, Burnsy said:

Honestly the missions for these crates just do themselves, long before my dailies are done without even trying.  The thing is just going to complete itself.  The only way they could have made it easier is to just forget the missions and hand out the crates.

Now whether the Oklahoma is worth anything....everyone says it's horrible so it is probably horrible.  It's free though so I will throw it in my port and it will sit there being a T5 for snowflakes and...maybe something useful one day?  Probably not, but stranger things have happened I suppose.

True the ship itself may be a meh boat  but I'd rather have it in my port than not . I've taken worse ones out probably but a freemium Is still a freemium ..lol. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34
[NEMO]
Members
211 posts
10,337 battles

Got my first 4 crates last week.First one opened...ok.Next 3 were the EXACT same item.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
687
[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,934 posts
46,848 battles
22 hours ago, custer_14 said:

Out of 3 containers I opened so far for the collection items. I have two duplicates. 
 

Off to a great start. I don’t see the Oklahoma in my future.

Same.  I've gotten 2 duplicates so far.  So no Oklahoma for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
210
[FFG33]
[FFG33]
Members
370 posts
14,436 battles
1 hour ago, Patton5150 said:

Same.  I've gotten 2 duplicates so far.  So no Oklahoma for me.

I think they dialed up the duplicates forcing you to buy crates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×