Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Soshi_Sone

Tier Average Calculation and Display

3 comments in this topic

[CNO]
Members
6,074 posts
18,521 battles

I would like to see a number displayed on an end screen that shows the tier average for the match, rounded to one decimal place.

Basically, sum the tiers of all the ships, and divide by the number of ships in the match.  This could be done for each side as well, which should be the same but might differ due to fail divisions.

The average tier gives a player a good idea of the true tier strength of a match.  A match with one tier ten a few tier nines and the rest tier eights will have a lower tier rating than a match with mostly tier tens.  We tend to call both those matches tier 10 matches. But the latter is more reflective of a true tier 10, whereas the former is more along the lines of a low nine or a high eight.  Have an objective number to illustrate the tier strength of a match would be nice. As it's a very easy calculation, it shouldn't be too hard to implement. 

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
2,295 posts
22,141 battles

I don't see a problem with that; but I don't see a benefit to it either.  What does that "really" mean?  How does it drive you to play differently?

Various ships look for different things.  Example:  What does it matter if a Cossack is in a T10 match, or a T10 match with a lot of radar cruisers?  It's the types and strengths of ships that matter, not so much what tier is attached to them.

Sign in to follow this