You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Golden_Gopher

Playing Replays & Using Own Music

4 comments in this topic

[BB22]
Members
57 posts
11,435 battles

Music:  I have followed the instructions in game including putting my music in the "res/userMusic" folder per instructions. 

1) On the NA version I can not find the "res" folder anywhere, I see the "res_packages" folder, are they the same thing?  Note I see the "res" folder in my Public Test and EU set ups but not the NA version.  I went as far as uninstalling my NA version and downloading it to install a new instance and still no "res" folder.

2) Should the music files be of the "mp3" format?

Replays:

1) I have saved game files going as far back as March 2018 - Can I only watch the replays I have of the current version, i.e. 0.9.10.0 or is any version replayable?  At times I have been able to watch older games and then not ......   

2) My team sends me replay files of their better performances to turn into videos for our YouTube channel.  Are there any instructions on how to do save the file then watch the replay?  Again I have been able to do this off and on, is there a reliable way to view old replays (mine or my friends)?

3) Are there new commands to get the "free cam" during replays?  CTrl + Shift + Backspace does not for me, and subsequently I do not know if the other commands I have are valid.

Any help, thoughts or even these features are no longer available would be welcome.

Thanks, GG

[WG]
Administrator, Developers
1,752 posts
10,328 battles
12 minutes ago, Golden_Gopher said:

Music:  I have followed the instructions in game including putting my music in the "res/userMusic" folder per instructions. 

1) On the NA version I can not find the "res" folder anywhere, I see the "res_packages" folder, are they the same thing?  Note I see the "res" folder in my Public Test and EU set ups but not the NA version.  I went as far as uninstalling my NA version and downloading it to install a new instance and still no "res" folder.

2) Should the music files be of the "mp3" format?

Replays:

1) I have saved game files going as far back as March 2018 - Can I only watch the replays I have of the current version, i.e. 0.9.10.0 or is any version replayable?  At times I have been able to watch older games and then not ......   

2) My team sends me replay files of their better performances to turn into videos for our YouTube channel.  Are there any instructions on how to do save the file then watch the replay?  Again I have been able to do this off and on, is there a reliable way to view old replays (mine or my friends)?

3) Are there new commands to get the "free cam" during replays?  CTrl + Shift + Backspace does not for me, and subsequently I do not know if the other commands I have are valid.

Any help, thoughts or even these features are no longer available would be welcome.

Thanks, GG

Ahoy @GG!

Here's some info that can help you!

1. If you don't have a "res" folder, you can just create a new folder "res" and place it in the same folder as "res_packages".
  2. Yes, mp3s will work

Replays:

1. Replays aren't exactly a video recording of your last battle rather digital recreations of the last battle(s) based on player interactions and any event recorded by the server (ie damage taken or sinking a ship)
  2. Try uploading replays here: https://replayswows.com/ - this isn't an official WG site but it is popular with the community and uses our external API service for data and statistics.
  3. Check out this thread for replay controls: 

#anchorsaweigh

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,096 posts
14,720 battles

To use your own music you will need to convert the replay into a form that Windows can use. Both Nvidia and AMD have tools that will convert it if your card is supported and there are free and payed third party programs too such as Bandicam which is both free and paid. Then you would need a video editor such as Cyberrlink PowerDirector that while paid you can find older editions and there are free ones but you would have to try them to find one you like.