Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Daniel_Allan_Clark

Finally out of tier 4

10 comments in this topic

[HARU]
Beta Testers
117 posts
6,445 battles

Gotta say I will not ever be playing randoms at t4 again. The most miserable experience due to double CVs every battle. I have a hard time believing any new players will put up with that nonsense. I will get through the Epochs campaign in Co-op.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[INTEL]
[INTEL]
Members
7,677 posts
35,854 battles

I like some T4 ships I kept. Strictly Coop unfortunately. Impossible and no fun in PvP. Thanks WG.

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,686 posts
7,080 battles

Unlocked Rhein during the event... played two games in it at an Avg damage of 77K and happily unlocked the Wesser.   IMO Rhein is the most wildly OP T4 CV in the game.. I Hate playing T4 CV...   But after playing a bunch of T4 for the epochs campaign.. really thinking about bringing them out again so I can get out of T4 part quickly ..    In T4 you're either the CV or the bug.      

[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
2,755 battles
14 minutes ago, iRA6E said:

Unlocked Rhein during the event... played two games in it at an Avg damage of 77K and happily unlocked the Wesser.   IMO Rhein is the most wildly OP T4 CV in the game.. I Hate playing T4 CV...   But after playing a bunch of T4 for the epochs campaign.. really thinking about bringing them out again so I can get out of T4 part quickly ..    In T4 you're either the CV or the bug.      

I found Hosho to be more OP, as you have better torpedoes...which you can use against EVERYTHING.

Rhein heavily depended on picking the right squadron type at the right time.

For example, with Hosho...you just spam TBs and murder everything. With Rhein, you have to pick your target and match to the squad (battleship? Dive bomber...cruiser or carrier? Rockets...destroyer or cruiser? torpedoes)...

...but Rhein was certainly more powerful than Langley or Hermes.

Edited by Daniel_Allan_Clark

[PSA]
Members
5,111 posts
3,732 battles

Honestly, Wargaming really needs to prevent double CV low tier matches entirely. It's giving the game a huge barrier to entry for new players who suddenly don't understand why they are being ganged up and sunk by planes they cannot possibly defend against given the utter lack of AA at those tiers. Plus CV players at those tiers are typically hardcore seal clubbers who play those ships to pad their stats. It's flat out disgusting. 

[-TKS-]
Members
1,242 posts
9,563 battles
1 hour ago, iRA6E said:

Hosho is a clubber too. 

[SIDE]
Members
4,939 posts
1 hour ago, alexf24 said:

I like some T4 ships I kept. Strictly Coop unfortunately. Impossible and no fun in PvP. Thanks WG.

I like T4. Played for years. Usually the carriers are so bad they are not a factor unless it's some witless newbie reversing in a Wyoming.  The torps are slow, the rockets weak but the bombs can hurt you if they hit right.

I agree having two carriers can be a nuisance but the planes are super fragile and take a long time to fly anywhere. I keep an eye on the minimap at all times monitoring the whereabouts of enemy squadrons.

Having also played a few t4 carriers like Rhein and HOSHO I can say that turning into torps, across from rockets and nailing the rudder and reverse buttons hard on bombs will help. Also, definitely buddy up with another ship or two particularly a Kaiser, Orion or Wyoming for additional AA. You don't have to tie up to them, just stay within 2-3km or be fast enough to get back to them as planes approach. I'd rather hunt down single ships than deal with clusters of AA.

Members
2,106 posts
32,462 battles
4 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

I ground to the Weser today. No more clubbing the hapless pre-ww1 ships with tier 4 CVs...

...at least until the Soviet line is launched...

:cap_tea:

CVs clubbing T4 was explained once - not a CV hater but by a noted CV streamer/CC.

Apparently the WG CV crack dealers had to adjust T4 CVs after they were released- aiming reticle stabilization or something like that. In doing so, the crack dealers should have reduced the number of torpedoes or damage caused but they didn't, hence why T4 CVs are generally OP. Add to that the utter nonsense that likelihood of 2 CV battles is quite high, that's why T4 is a complete :etc_swear:show.

[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
2,755 battles
24 minutes ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

CVs clubbing T4 was explained once - not a CV hater but by a noted CV streamer/CC.

Apparently the WG CV crack dealers had to adjust T4 CVs after they were released- aiming reticle stabilization or something like that. In doing so, the crack dealers should have reduced the number of torpedoes or damage caused but they didn't, hence why T4 CVs are generally OP. Add to that the utter nonsense that likelihood of 2 CV battles is quite high, that's why T4 is a complete :etc_swear:show.

Yup.

Glad to be out.

Sign in to follow this