Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Snargfargle

"GG" or was it?

7 comments in this topic

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,673 posts

Not a very auspicious start.

Uh, what are you guys doing?

image.png.67b5f826b991489f646b7e53e8c278d0.png

Ain't looking good...

image.png.9ccf1bfa405329731a514e96bea0a793.png

Great turnaround, but I don't think we have the time.

image.png.7d70b0945ec4038c2ee2dda2c0729335.png

8 seconds, FTW!

image.png.6878793519438a2754f749812326299c.png

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[CNO]
Members
6,083 posts
18,555 battles

Had a game last night.  Salvo on about a ten second trajectory...on target for a kill to win the game...time ran out three seconds short.  Frustrating not only in the three seconds, but in the fact we had it won if folks just stopped pushing on a points lead where only getting killed could lose the game.  We lost two ships in the the final minute to flip the score.  

• Cool 2

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,808 posts
16,992 battles

Sometimes when your team has the lead. Trying harder to win can cost a match, defeat from the jaws of victory. Seen it happen, it’s painful.

Members
3,433 posts
40,904 battles
1 hour ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

Sometimes when your team has the lead. Trying harder to win can cost a match, defeat from the jaws of victory. Seen it happen, it’s painful.

Sometimes those feet smell terrible too . You really want to root for the shark 🦈.😏.

Edited by SteelRain_Rifleman

[SALVO]
Members
25,512 posts
27,483 battles
2 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Had a game last night.  Salvo on about a ten second trajectory...on target for a kill to win the game...time ran out three seconds short.  Frustrating not only in the three seconds, but in the fact we had it won if folks just stopped pushing on a points lead where only getting killed could lose the game.  We lost two ships in the the final minute to flip the score.  

Yeah, this gets me too, i.e. people who don't understand that their team has a narrow lead and the smartest thing they can do is avoid contact rather than trying to eek out that last bit of damage, only to get killed and cost their team the win.  Of course, those players invariably use the excuse "it's just a game", but IMO their cavalier attitude is incredibly selfish when they do this.

[SALVO]
Members
25,512 posts
27,483 battles
2 hours ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

I've seen it from both sides, as I'm sure many here have.  Heck, I've won a handful of battles by jumping on an enemy controlled cap in the last few seconds of the battle in a DD, stopping them from gaining points from that cap and allowing my team to pass the enemy point total with nearly no time left for the win.

• Cool 1

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,808 posts
16,992 battles
6 hours ago, Crucis said:

I've seen it from both sides, as I'm sure many here have.  Heck, I've won a handful of battles by jumping on an enemy controlled cap in the last few seconds of the battle in a DD, stopping them from gaining points from that cap and allowing my team to pass the enemy point total with nearly no time left for the win.

I’ve seen both sides at different times have the lead, get greedy, cocky, whatever. Push out single file one at a time, and get focus fired to pieces relinquishing the burden of being ahead on points and lose.

Sign in to follow this