Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Revan_Vader

Suggestion about Unique flags

7 comments in this topic

[BOBS_]
Members
20 posts
3,972 battles

Hey there everyone.  

Some of you may have been playing for World of Warships more than at least two years, for some of us more than five years in the making or just brand new to the game. 

I had a thought about with all the ingame things we can do with the Armoury and said to myself "What if we can give new and current players the option to purchase a unique flag that they don't have or want to have? Is it possible?" 

I don't think this is a straight out answer as "No" I know that people all around the world are having a rough time to be unable to afford those Premium warships with the unique flag in the expensive bundles like the Admiral's Bundle (Warship name). Can we reconsider the option that we can use the ingame currency like research beareau, ingame credits or coal for example to buy a flag of our choice? I'd like to see us give something back to the community in some way.  

For example,
If Admiral Revan already owns the Prince Eugen and doesn't have the  unique Prince Eugen flag, he goes to the Armory and looks for "Special Customisations" > "Flags" and sees the Prince Eugen flag and buys it. Therefore he is able to get it from the Commemorative section of the flags and equips it.

Think about the whole process, its self rewarding to the players and they will feel awesome about it. Share the news with their friends or family and we all get good vibes about it. I think its worth giving it a go.

image.png.c4f638164ad7f1a412bd8932e72dd03e.pngimage.thumb.png.aca751a27009b50805feeb302f5b4e4c.png

Edited by Admiral_Revan_Vader
  • Cool 1

[KWF]
Members
4,930 posts
6,598 battles

There could be quests for flags and even alternate camo options for each premium ship. They could be made pretty long so as not to have people that buy the big packs  feel cheated, but the option should be there.

Members
3,420 posts
40,773 battles

This could work.

Special missions.

No expiration date.

Just, opt in to get the flag.

Just click the flag you don't have and the mission appears.

Just watch out for the chainsaw wielding squirrels around that one island....arrggghh!!!!

• Cool 1

[KIA-T]
Members
2,237 posts
9,838 battles
22 minutes ago, Admiral_Revan_Vader said:

For example,
If Admiral Revan already owns the Prince Eugen and doesn't have the  unique Prince Eugen flag, he goes to the Armory and looks for "Special Customisations" > "Flags" and sees the Prince Eugen flag and buys it.

Friendly reminder that admirals bundle flags exist for Shikishima, Yoshino and Musashi. Ships that have never had a bundle release for people to get these flags.

Personally my suggestion was that people should be granted these flags after 500 battles in that specific ship, theres nothing that rewards playing X amount of games currently. 
A small visual thing would work well, and actually makes them commemorative of your 500th battle.

Members
41 posts

I would like the opportunity to get flags I missed out on as well. Also this past USN birthday celebration made me want to suggest that WG add the following two flags:

The First Navy Jack (thirteen stripes, with the snake and "Don't Tread on Me" on it), and the Blue Union Jack (Just the fifty stars on the blue field from the US flag) which are both used by the USN. The FNJ was used on all ships for about a decade from the early 2000's up to about 2018 or 2019. Now it's used only for the oldest serving combat ship last I read, while the rest of the fleet uses the BUJ.

National-colors-Navy-colors-3-MB-2-768x286.jpg

[FOXY]
Members
1,197 posts
5,458 battles
10 minutes ago, Panzer_Mac_W126 said:

I would like the opportunity to get flags I missed out on as well. Also this past USN birthday celebration made me want to suggest that WG add the following two flags:

The First Navy Jack (thirteen stripes, with the snake and "Don't Tread on Me" on it), and the Blue Union Jack (Just the fifty stars on the blue field from the US flag) which are both used by the USN. The FNJ was used on all ships for about a decade from the early 2000's up to about 2018 or 2019. Now it's used only for the oldest serving combat ship last I read, while the rest of the fleet uses the BUJ.

National-colors-Navy-colors-3-MB-2-768x286.jpg

It was used till 2019. My duty section had duty the day the swap was done. It was nice putting up the Union Jack again, i have the one i pulled down from our jackstaff hanging on my wall right now. The only ship authorized to fly the "Dont Tread on Me" flag is the USS Blue Ridge, as it has the oldest continuous service in the US Navy(Aside from the USS Constitution.)

To the OPS idea, i would love this if it was made a thing, i have a few ships i got through boxes and id like to have their flags.

Sign in to follow this