Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
S7CentNickel

Another RB Question - Split lines

8 comments in this topic

[WOLF9]
Members
388 posts

With the current Research Bureau season ending soon, I was interested in resetting a line or two to get the double stacking RB points.  I think I understand it but wanted confirmation before I make the plunge & try to max out the system.

If I want to reset both IJN DD lines at the same time I need to:

Reset the line I want the double RB points first, then:

Reset the 2nd line, then:

FXP one of the lines to T10 & reset it again (without buying any), then:

FXP to Tier 5 then buy and play a game in both lines for each tier up to Tier 10.

Did I get it right?

[CO-OP]
Members
1,986 posts
25,841 battles
30 minutes ago, S7CentNickel said:

With the current Research Bureau season ending soon, I was interested in resetting a line or two to get the double stacking RB points.  I think I understand it but wanted confirmation before I make the plunge & try to max out the system.

If I want to reset both IJN DD lines at the same time I need to:

1. Reset the line I want the double RB points first, then:

2. Reset the 2nd line, then:

3. FXP one of the lines to T10 & reset it again (without buying any), then:

4. FXP to Tier 5 then buy and play a game in both lines for each tier up to Tier 10.

Did I get it right?

You don't need to FXP one of the lines (step 3) 

If you reset line A, then reset line B.  You will get 2x points for line A, and normal points for line B.  How you get to tier 10 (either FXP or grinding) doesn't matter, you'll get reward points for each ship you play and get a victory.  Also, you don't have to re-grind the tier 1-4 ships,  once you hit tier 4 you can start earning XP for either the Mutsuki or Minekaze (once again either grind or FXP)

Edited by HamptonRoads

[WOLF9]
Members
388 posts
4 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

You don't need to FXP one of the lines (step 3) 

If you reset line A, then reset line B.  You will get 2x points for line A, and normal points for line B.  However you get to tier 10 (either FXP or grinding) doesn't matter, you'll get reward points for each ship you play and get a victory.

Probably should've said wait until next season to stack the RB points

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Privateers
14,776 posts
4,733 battles
3 hours ago, S7CentNickel said:

Probably should've said wait until next season to stack the RB points

It's best to reset both lines to stack points unless you plan on finishing the first line before the season ends.

Reset a line in this season for 2x.  Reset a line next season (Real Soon Now) for another 2x.  It can be the same line but doesn't have to be. Whatever you reset just has to be unlocked through T10.

[ARGSY]
Members
21,520 posts
15,613 battles

If you're going to do both, then assuming you have both Shima and Harugumo at least unlocked if not in port: 

1) Reset the Shima line just before the season ends.

2) Reset the Harugumo line just after.

The double-points bonuses now exist on both lines and will sit there twiddling their thumbs until you are ready to claim them.

3) At leisure, FXP or regrind your way up to the top of both, buy the T5 to T10 back in each line and play them to a co-op win to claim the points.

If I am wrong and you can't reset the branch line after resetting the main, you might need to FXP or speed grind back up to Isokaze first.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[WOLF9]
Privateers
14,776 posts
4,733 battles
3 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

If I am wrong and you can't reset the branch line after resetting the main, you might need to FXP or speed grind back up to Isokaze first.

Yes, you can reset both sides of a split line, selling the common ships only once.  Points earned on the common ships will only benefit one reset, not both.

[ARGSY]
Members
21,520 posts
15,613 battles
5 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Yes, you can reset both sides of a split line, selling the common ships only once.  Points earned on the common ships will only benefit one reset, not both.

The IJN DD and British cruiser lines have the benefit that the split is at the level where research points start being gained, so you get full points for either branch. (The US cruiser line used to be this, but since small-fry points started getting offered for Tier 5 it's no longer fully the case.)

It's trickier when it comes to resetting, e.g. Russian destroyers or (eventually) US battleships, where resetting the opposite branch will NOT give full 10K/20K points unless you've already researched/ground back up to the branch point.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[WOLF9]
[WOLF9]
Members
221 posts
11,437 battles

@S7CentNickel Please review:  https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Research_Bureau#Stacking_resets

If you want to run both lines, go for it, however with stacking you can use the same line for both resets and only have to buy one line of ships once.   I'm about to do this for the second time.

Abbye

Edited by Abbye
add @

Sign in to follow this