You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DolphinPrincess

Please Move Clan Battle Time Zone Back an Hour to DST

8 comments in this topic

[O7]
Members
1,032 posts
4,900 battles

Daylight savings have occurred this weekend and it have shifted the clan battles time zone from an already uncomfortable time to what is now an unbearable time.

Please move the time zone back at least an hour to compensate, I will go over it from a personal and logical point of view.

Personal:

I am your average exempt pay office worker that is on the job from 9AM to 5PM normally. 

Having the clan wars start at 3:30 PM means that I have to skip dinner and other activities just to play clan wars for half the duration.

Being in a hurricane clan that competes to be the first place finish, missing out on half the battles is not really acceptable.

What is more unacceptable, is having to choose between my job and a game.

This gets even more absurd when I look at the time it ends, at 7:30 PM, thats 8 whole hours before I normally sleep at 3:30 AM. 

And it gets even worse once COVID ends, I currently work at home which means at least I do not have to allocate any time towards transportation.

Now if I was working a graveyard shift or abnormal work hours then I would totally understand if the clan battle time would conflict.

But 9AM to 5PM is as normal as it gets, and should be the majority of the population, either that be students or professionals.

So that leaves the main argument against it, that the people on the East coast would have problems if the time is being pushed back, but this isnt a valid argument because:

Logic:

Currently, for East Coasters, the time zone is 6:30 to 10:30 PM

So that is still 5 whole hours that one can push back before any conflicts, but lets say that some people sleep early, and I understand that but:

You have to understand, for the people who sleep early, you are having to choose between sleep and clan wars and not your job.

While for us, the choice is between our job and clan wars. Assuming the value of the game is equal, then let me ask you just this one question:

Would you trade 1 hour of sleep to keep you job?

If the sacrifices are equal then sure leave as it is because East coast players outnumber West Coast players.

But if you weight the amount of sacrifice per player, then it is clearly a better choice to move the time zone back.

I am not even asking for it to move back 5 hours, just back to what it was before to compensate for DST, a single hour.

And finally, for WarGaming, I have just one question to you as well:

If you want us to play your game and purchase your in game items, please tell me how I can do so when I can only choose one between the game and my income.

• Cool 5
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 4
  • Meh 2

[PISD]
Members
1,461 posts
5,706 battles

Well I am in the East Coast and I do not like starting it at 18:30. Between job, bath to kids and dinners I end up ready at 8pm. So yeah, adjusting it for the hour change would make quite a lot of sense.

• Cool 2

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
2,059 posts
26,919 battles
1 hour ago, DolphinPrincess said:

Currently, for East Coasters, the time zone is 6:30 to 10:30 PM

In game mine now shows 16:30 to 20:30 Pacific time, which would make it 7:30 to 11:30pm Eastern time (or like it was before the DST change). 

Your point still might be valid, but it looks like Wednesday goes back to "normal" and only this past Sunday was different.

[GGWP]
Members
87 posts
5,900 battles

image.thumb.png.67d16041a4e1b4e5a85c19a3e0777796.png

From today till the end of cb, the prime time reverts back to starting at 4:30. It only started at 3:30 yesterday. 

[TQL]
Members
32 posts
8,192 battles

Have a job in west coast. Now I even have a baby daughter this year. So I just say no to CB. Life is more important than a game :)

• Cool 1

[FORM]
Members
1,798 posts
12,138 battles
11 hours ago, DolphinPrincess said:

Daylight savings have occurred this weekend and it have shifted the clan battles time zone from an already uncomfortable time to what is now an unbearable time.

Please move the time zone back at least an hour to compensate, I will go over it from a personal and logical point of view.

Most of my clan couldn't make it til around 9PM EST already, pushing it up an hour with DST means we'll probably only have an hour of playing at most. Please WG, move the time back.