You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
lallave

Help. I just purchased Atago and nothing is working right

10 comments in this topic

[_JAG_]
Members
101 posts
7,214 battles

I used the IJN  Atago carrier about a month ago on a 3 day loaner and loved it. So today I purchased the ship and nothing works right. Whenever I bring up the torpedo's, the green target field comes up half green and half brown. The green is fore and the brown is aft. I cannot shoot the aft because the target field shows brown even though the status bar shows a  fully loaded torpedo rack. 

When I fire my guns I can get 5 salvos in and then the firing software locks up, with a reloading guns status message even though the status bars show all guns fully loaded. 

The first 5 minutes my speed matches my throttle position. But about 5 minutes into the game, I will be on Full throttle  but only going 18 knots. 

What should I do. This ship just cost me 40$ in doubloons. 

Members
4,272 posts
15,135 battles

All sounds odd. Maybe do an integrity check on your files. 

Do you run mods?

Might want to contact support, if these things continue. 

edit: also depending on how many games youve played. I dont know the number, you could request a refund. But it sounds like the game is messed up, not the particular ship. 

Edited by Rollingonit
  • Cool 1

Members
715 posts

As above, check integrity, dump any mods, watch your ping monitor to see if you have excessive lag. Might not hurt to download another clean instance of the game and try running from that.

[HEROS]
Members
2,089 posts
18,873 battles

ok..  Atago.. you have 2 launchers per side and they have different arcs.  One each side can fire around 45 degrees forward, the aft launcher each side fires directly off the side and backwards 45 degrees.  Very little over lap between the two launchers.

As for the rest, yea sounds like some of your mods either don't like the game all of a sudden or something corrupted your local files.   SO maybe uninstall and reinstall.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
1,331 posts
8,188 battles
1 hour ago, SkaerKrow said:

Do a clean reinstall of the game without mods.

First I'd play the game in safe mode without any mods loaded... And like other posts mentioned Atagos torp arcs like so many IJN  cruisers really make you manuver to be effective so id look at the rudder shift upgrades to help... Good luck Atago with a well speced captain is a real beast!

[A-I-M]
Members
4,105 posts
15,366 battles
2 hours ago, lallave said:

I used the IJN  Atago carrier about a month ago...

There’s your problem right there. Atago isn’t a carrier. No wonder it isn’t meeting your expectations!

But, seriously, like was suggested to you, run WG’s integrity check on your game files.

Uninstall any mods. Try reinstalling them one at a time. See if the problem repeats. If it does, uninstall them, then reinstall the offending mod by itself.

With your description of things working well until you’re into a battle for a while, you could be looking at hardware having an overheating issue.

[_JAG_]
Members
101 posts
7,214 battles

Thanx to one and all for your advice. I did a WG integrity check and it found files that had to be repaired. So far the repair seems to be working correctly. Had no idea where to find the System Integrity check but finally found it under game settings. 

• Cool 2