Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
lorddiable

Torpedoes hitting about 10 secs after theyre past

4 comments in this topic

[NEIN]
Beta Testers
22 posts
5,108 battles

Played a game on my Z23, at around the 10 minutes left point in the replay, i dodge akizuki torpedoes detected by my hydro-acoustics, i then fire up the engine and  move ahead, and the torpedoes,  which had past me for roundabouts 10 seconds, suddenly hit me.  i had no network issues  at the time so i am uncertain of the cause of a desynch that egregious in markers-to-topedo time. played further and no such occurences repeated.

20201102_153558_PGSD108-Z-23_15_NE_north.wowsreplay

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,006 battles

Akizuki has a torpedo reload booster which I believe runs 5 seconds; could it have been a second set of torps you didn't see, or weren't visible? (Seriously, just asking.)

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,296 posts
12,976 battles
1 hour ago, lorddiable said:

Played a game on my Z23, at around the 10 minutes left point in the replay, i dodge akizuki torpedoes detected by my hydro-acoustics, i then fire up the engine and  move ahead, and the torpedoes,  which had past me for roundabouts 10 seconds, suddenly hit me.  i had no network issues  at the time so i am uncertain of the cause of a desynch that egregious in markers-to-topedo time. played further and no such occurences repeated.

20201102_153558_PGSD108-Z-23_15_NE_north.wowsreplay

If I had to guess, watching the replay, you didn't get hit by the torps you saw go past you.

Watching the Akizuki, I think I saw the animation for the second launch, and thanks to desync you never saw the torps from the reload booster. I think that's what hit you.

If the replay controls weren't borked up, I'd have spun the camera around and counted the torps at impact.

In theory, if you're lagging for some reason, the torps will have traveled further server side than you would see them, not the other way around. Getting hit by torps you haven't seen yet seems to fit that a lot better.

[NEIN]
Beta Testers
22 posts
5,108 battles

î mean, hydroacoustics was active, and no network lag was had on my side, so i kind of doubt it was the case, but i wont reject the possibility outright.

Sign in to follow this