You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

PSA: Halsey Campaign CV & Cruiser Tasks for Co-op (PVE Thread) UPDATED

20 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
14,727 posts
31,352 battles

This is just a heads up for anyone already done with, or currently going through, Halsey's Campaign (Hit Hard Hit Fast Hit Often) that there are actually 3 extra Co-op doable tasks in the final stage (5) above and beyond task 1 and task 2 for credits and Capt XP. I don't remember them being available when I went through the Campaign when it 1st came out but that might just be because I wasn't doing CV's then? Either way, there are now 3 additional tasks that can be done in Co-op in the final stage (5).

I am going back and doing them to collect the rewards. 2 are very simple while 1 is a hellashish grind but going to do them anyway. Here is the info for you...

Halsey Campaign CV Tasks Stage 5:

• Task 3 =  Earn 75 rocket, bomb, and/or torpedo hits with T8-T10 CV's. 1 Star. Reward is 10X Juliet Whiskey Unaone Flags (+15% flooding) 
  • Task 4 = Shoot down 120 planes with T8-T10 CV's. 1 Star. Reward is 10X November Echo Setteseven Flags (+5% AA Damage)
  • Task 9 = Earn 10 Million credits with US T10 CV (doesn't say just Midway so FDR probably works too). 3 Stars. Reward is 30X Zulu Flags (+20% credits)
  • Task 10 = Earn 10 Million credits with US T10 Cruisers. 3 Stars. Reward is 30X Zulu Flags (+20% credits) ***Updated 03/24/2021 - Recently added as Co-op doable***

Man I wish I knew this/was doing CV's when I went through the campaign. Task 3 and 4 could have been some very quick and easy stars vs the big credit and Capt XP tasks I did. :cap_fainting:

The 10 Million credits one is going to suck but the other 2 are easy and it is some free flags and quick easy stars if you are still doing the campaign and play CV.

:Smile_honoring:

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 2
  • Thanks 2

[PVE]
Members
14,727 posts
31,352 battles
17 hours ago, HamptonRoads said:

Thanks for the heads up. I may have to revisit the Halsey campaign when I get home tonight.

I did the 75 hits in 1 game using Enterprise. That has a lot of rockets in an attack. A few games with other CV's got the plane kills. Now working on the big one of 10 Million credits in Midway. Have like 1.2 so far.

[KEGEL]
Members
322 posts
14,290 battles

Appreciate the PSA.

No chance in hell I'll revisiting the Halsey campaign to clear CV missions.

Only time I play CVs is to knock off flakes.

Edited by SlightlyComatose
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[ARGSY]
Members
25,638 posts
19,737 battles
On 11/2/2020 at 3:40 PM, AdmiralThunder said:

Task 9 = Earn 10 Million credits with US T10 CV (doesn't say just Midway so FDR probably works too).

When these missions were first posted, premium carriers at Tier 10 were not even a whispered, hinted-at or vaguely rumoured concept. They might have just said "Midway", but there were always plans (currently shelved, or on slow-cook mode) for a second line of CV (the return of the odd tier ships at even tier); and this being a permanent campaign, they would not have wanted to lock out a hypothetical Tier 10 tech-tree Rework Essex.

I spammed Task 3 with my T8's, but when the Swirski campaign rolled around and they wanted spot ribbons from T9-10 ships including CV, nation no object, I FXP'd what was left of Implacable up to Audacious and used her for that.

Thanks for the heads up. I might as well load up Task 4 when I get home, as I do from time to time take CV into co-op for various things. But there are easier ways to get thirty Zulu flags (spamming More Resources crates helps a lot), and with Halsey already in my port it's stupid to obtain a Tier 10 US carrier solely to run that mission.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
32,203 posts
26,997 battles

I remember when this campaign first came out, it took some work.  It had come out when I still did a bunch of Random Battles.  Didn't enjoy it, but at least it wasn't like the Yamamoto campaign.  Yeesh.

[REVY]
Members
8,488 posts
6,118 battles
23 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I remember when this campaign first came out, it took some work.  It had come out when I still did a bunch of Random Battles.  Didn't enjoy it, but at least it wasn't like the Yamamoto campaign.  Yeesh.

I'm still working on the Halsey Campaign.  I mostly repeat the xp and credit earning tasks and don't bother with anything else.  It is taking forever though.

[PVE]
Members
14,727 posts
31,352 battles
6 minutes ago, Sventex said:

I'm still working on the Halsey Campaign.  I mostly repeat the xp and credit earning tasks and don't bother with anything else.  It is taking forever though.

That is what I did (ie; credits and Capt XP) over and over. Took me 392 games over 17 days to finish.

[NONE]
Members
4,076 posts
12,595 battles

I never bothered with the CV stuff. Just kept chipping away at the gunboat stuff and voila' it eventually happened.

Halsey is my Ohio & Massachusetts guy now.

[PVE]
Members
14,727 posts
31,352 battles
5 minutes ago, Balon_Greyjoy said:

I never bothered with the CV stuff. Just kept chipping away at the gunboat stuff and voila' it eventually happened.

Halsey is my Ohio & Massachusetts guy now.

I didn't either when I did it but honestly, I wish I was able to/had because Task 3 and 4 are WAY easier there in Stage 5 then the credit and Capt XP tasks. Bet it would have saved me 20-30 games easy.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
25,638 posts
19,737 battles
1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Bet it would have saved me 20-30 games easy.

Against this, you could play those 20-30 battles in any tier-eligible ship you wanted, to advance any other grind/agenda you chose (e.g. playing for ECXP and taking the XP and credit yields as they come). 

It's a very individual thing, though, and possible to argue both ways according to personal taste.

The important thing is trying to find as many ways as possible to make the grind serve your own interests, and depending on which ships you have, the XP and Credit grinds offer the greatest flexibility in this regard (and the same is true for the Yamamoto grind if you play randoms; I sincerely hope one day that WG opens this one up to Co-op).

[PVE]
Members
14,727 posts
31,352 battles
34 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Against this, you could play those 20-30 battles in any tier-eligible ship you wanted, to advance any other grind/agenda you chose (e.g. playing for ECXP and taking the XP and credit yields as they come). 

It's a very individual thing, though, and possible to argue both ways according to personal taste.

The important thing is trying to find as many ways as possible to make the grind serve your own interests, and depending on which ships you have, the XP and Credit grinds offer the greatest flexibility in this regard (and the same is true for the Yamamoto grind if you play randoms; I sincerely hope one day that WG opens this one up to Co-op).

It is important to remember I am specifically speaking to the Halsey Campaign and how those 2 tasks would have shortened the # of games it took me to do it only doing the credit and Capt XP tasks as I did. Very specific comment. I multitask as well but that is not relevant to my point.

[ARGSY]
Members
25,638 posts
19,737 battles
5 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

It is important to remember I am specifically speaking to the Halsey Campaign and how those 2 tasks would have shortened the # of games it took me to do it only doing the credit and Capt XP tasks as I did. Very specific comment. I multitask as well but that is not relevant to my point.

Quite right. I should have been more clear and said "One could play...", thus generalizing the observation. 

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
32,203 posts
26,997 battles
15 hours ago, Sventex said:

Last night I saw a thread talking about the campaign and collection to get an Epoch Camo.  I happened to browse my profile and noticed I was missing 1 item to finish the collection.  I browsed the campaign tasks and found 1 that I skipped:  The Tier IV one to earn 750k Credits.

Between that night and this afternoon, I just spammed a number of Isokaze and mostly Clemson games to complete it.  Now I got 2 Tier IX Epoch Camo just sitting in inventory!

Clemson is awesome for low tier Co-op.  It's like stealing candy from a baby out there.  Isokaze is also real good, but Clemson is much better rounded because Isokaze's guns just suck so bad.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Members
474 posts
8,987 battles

Almost finished with mission 3.  One star left.  Than a day's worth of XP, snd repeat with more for mission 4.

[PVE]
Members
7,589 posts
On 11/2/2020 at 2:10 PM, AdmiralThunder said:

Man I wish I knew this/was doing CV's when I went through the campaign. Task 3 and 4 could have been some very quick and easy stars vs the big credit and Capt XP tasks I did. 

I got the Kaga B in a BF crate and I have been tinkering around with it in co-op.  Then I remembered this post and decided to look into how easy it would be to do the CV missions instead of the spamming the captain XP and credits missions over and over.  I'm a total CV noob but even I can get the 75 hits in just a few games.  This is going to be a godsent.  It took me maybe 40-60 games to earn a star with CXP and credit missions.  That would have taken ages to complete all 15 stars like that.  Thanks for sharing this info.

On 11/10/2020 at 4:30 AM, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Clemson is awesome for low tier Co-op.  It's like stealing candy from a baby out there.  Isokaze is also real good, but Clemson is much better rounded because Isokaze's guns just suck so bad.

I did the first stage of the five epoch campaign over this past weekend.  I didn't have any T4 ships so I rebought the Kuma.  I haven't played that ship since 2015.  I forgot how fun it is.  It's fast, decent guns, and 7km fast reloading torps.  That puppy is a clubs the bots.  I also forgot how fun so of the low tier maps are.  I loved Big Race back in the day.  I didn't see Solomon Islands, I guess it's out of the rotation??  Too bad, loved that map too. 

[PVE]
Members
14,727 posts
31,352 battles
7 hours ago, Slimeball91 said:

I got the Kaga B in a BF crate and I have been tinkering around with it in co-op.  Then I remembered this post and decided to look into how easy it would be to do the CV missions instead of the spamming the captain XP and credits missions over and over.  I'm a total CV noob but even I can get the 75 hits in just a few games.  This is going to be a godsent.  It took me maybe 40-60 games to earn a star with CXP and credit missions.  That would have taken ages to complete all 15 stars like that.  Thanks for sharing this info.

I did the first stage of the five epoch campaign over this past weekend.  I didn't have any T4 ships so I rebought the Kuma.  I haven't played that ship since 2015.  I forgot how fun it is.  It's fast, decent guns, and 7km fast reloading torps.  That puppy is a clubs the bots.  I also forgot how fun so of the low tier maps are.  I loved Big Race back in the day.  I didn't see Solomon Islands, I guess it's out of the rotation??  Too bad, loved that map too. 

Even the plane kills is a lot easier. Use your rocket planes for the 75 hits and you can do it in one game. Man this would have made that final task so much easier on me. I did it all with the Capt XP and Credit stars. :Smile_sad::Smile_veryhappy:

EPOCH is fun. I enjoyed it more than any Campaign/Event there has been. I hope they do more like it. I decided to do it again on an alt acct I have to go through it like a noob (had never played a game on the acct prior) and am up to stage 5.

Yeah, Solomon islands seems to have vanished from low tier Co-op? One of my favorites. Back a few months ago when I did a few Randoms I played a game in Wyoming and got it though so maybe it is just for Randoms now?

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 1

[--K--]
Supertester
1,624 posts
16,374 battles

I want to say I used the Saipan right after the rework to do a lot of Halsey campaign tasks before I refunded it for doubloons. Haven't look at it in quite a while though as I'm going back through all the campaign tasks at the moment to get the free xp, silver, and the xp flags that I skipped originally just to get through them asap.

[PVE]
Members
14,727 posts
31,352 battles

Bumping this back up. Edited OP too.

WG added another Co-op doable task for the Campaign. Man you have to keep checking them as they do these with no announcement.

New task added is 

Stage 5:

• Task 10 = Earn 10 Million credits with US T10 Cruisers. 3 Stars. Reward is 30X Zulu Flags (+20% credits)
  • Thanks 1

[BEA5T]
Members
606 posts
19,475 battles

Thanks for the Bump as it had me thinking so I went back and checked and sure enough I had given up on this campaign.  Guess I will now make the attempt to struggle through with the good ole "rinse and repeat"  of the tasks doable in COOP. 

Edited by Noworriesderpy1