Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Curly__san

New Halloween Event.

18 comments in this topic

[A-D-F]
Members
1,275 posts
11,614 battles

Yeah! 

I mean that. More new content besides the usual 'spam-of-premium-boats-in-lieu-of-actual-content'.

Oops. I meant to be less sarcastic and cynical about all things WG.

I've obviously failed.

Not to worry. In less than a month this actual new content will be shelved for eleven months, or possibly never see the light of day again. 

We'll be able to go back to our regular fun.

-Said fun, and how to have it to be solely defined by WG, of course.

Unless of course you don't play enough PVP. In which case WG doesn't care how much money you spend.

Shirley; that cannot be, right?

Be sure to play it the way you are supposed to; with premium time, lots of flags and new premium boats. 

But don't bring any non-russian premiums to CB, unless you are just a masochist or a sandbagger.

And whatever you do, don't division with or dare coordinate with others, that just ruins everything WG has worked towards. (which is apparently, maximizing chaos)

Oh, there I go being negative again.

It certainly can't be because I'd like to see things improve. (because no one at WG can look at anything critical without assuming it's a deeply personal attack & getting their knickers twisted).

Well, there's always next time.

Right?

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Boring 4

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,441 posts
4,198 battles

Yeah, cause Halloween events never make it into the game.....oh wait, weren't subs first tested in Halloween mode?

If you don't like the game why do you still play?

• Meh 4

[A-D-F]
Members
1,275 posts
11,614 battles

Submarines aren't an event.

Arguably they are new content in that WG doesn't make new modes or maps as fast as they make new boats.

So boats "player operated vehicles", (the means by which players interact with each other in the setting of maps & modes) are their form of content. 

Having explained my views on that, I'm loath to explain why I 'still play the game'. 

Suffice to say I have my reasons for still enjoying some aspect it and wanting it to improve. (granted my idea of an improvement may be different than other's)

I don't question your enjoyment, nor belittle it. Live & let live so to say.

• Cool 1

[AKNN]
Members
3 posts
3,759 battles

I broke down a bought a Captain for the Halloween event. But, I obviously did something wrong as the captain loaded in as an Erie captain, and now I can't assign them to my Valkyrie. It says that the captain has to stay with the nationality of the ship, which is American of course. What did I do wrong?

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,470 posts
17,822 battles
15 minutes ago, DRH_4 said:

I broke down a bought a Captain for the Halloween event. But, I obviously did something wrong as the captain loaded in as an Erie captain, and now I can't assign them to my Valkyrie. It says that the captain has to stay with the nationality of the ship, which is American of course. What did I do wrong?

You can't assign any captain to one of the event ships or they would earn experience, which is banned from this event. You also can't assign flags to the ships, change the modules, or pick the captain's skills. 

• Meh 1

[AKNN]
Members
3 posts
3,759 battles

so basically, you are buying a captain for non halloween ships, correct?

Members
1,797 posts
5,635 battles

The whole thing seems lame AF to me. Zero interest, haven’t tried it, c’est la vie. Maybe they’ll make something interesting next year.

• Cool 1

Members
252 posts
9,339 battles
6 hours ago, Curly__san said:

Unless of course you don't play enough PVP. In which case WG doesn't care how much money you spend.

I haven't played it yet, seems kind of "meh" after the last few years events.

...and stop calling me Shirley.

• Funny 1

[PHD]
Members
187 posts
12,844 battles

If nothing else it makes the current directives pretty easy.

It took me just 7 Key Battles to finish all 5 missions - about 2 hours total.

[INTEL]
Members
1,778 posts
15,774 battles
3 hours ago, Jolly_Rodgered said:

You can't assign any captain to one of the event ships or they would earn experience, which is banned from this event. You also can't assign flags to the ships, change the modules, or pick the captain's skills. 

Not true, You can freely change modules. The difference is the modules on the event ships can only be earned by completing event missions.

• Meh 1

Members
1,645 posts
1,286 battles
1 hour ago, Mahrs said:

The whole thing seems lame AF to me. Zero interest, haven’t tried it, c’est la vie. Maybe they’ll make something interesting next year.

Haven't even tried it but you complain about it being lame and uninteresting.

• Boring 1

[DVYJC]
Members
3,569 posts
8,240 battles

The rewards are pretty meh, but are also quite easy to get. I have all the event captains for tokens and the Tier IX Infernal camo already, and I'm basically just playing for dailies. It's real nice because the directives are also extremely fast to complete in Big Hunt mode.

[WKY04]
Members
59 posts
4,945 battles

At first I didn't like this battle mode very much, but then I realized it is just like a childhood game we played called "kill the man with the ball". Now that I get it, I like it. Its a very simple battle mode actually. There is only one objective - get a key and escape with it. There is no team award. I believe there are 5 winners and 13 losers every match. Winning pays a very substantial multiplier higher than losing. Also, I love that you can respawn in a new battle in the same ship immediately after being killed - no waiting for the match to be over. Although the rewards aren't as generous as some special game modes imo, if you are good enough to win 30-40% of the matches you'll probably find it rewarding enough to keep playing. Also, its a month long event, and during the final week or even earlier, if you have played enough to fully upgrade your ships and learn the ins-and-outs of the gameplay, you will have a big advantage and it could be very profitable.

• Cool 1

[DPG]
Members
2,030 posts
10,741 battles
32 minutes ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

The rewards are pretty meh, but are also quite easy to get. I have all the event captains for tokens and the Tier IX Infernal camo already, and I'm basically just playing for dailies. It's real nice because the directives are also extremely fast to complete in Big Hunt mode.

So literally all day, every day?

[PVE]
Members
4,678 posts
20,617 battles
20 hours ago, Curly__san said:

Yeah! 

I mean that. More new content besides the usual 'spam-of-premium-boats-in-lieu-of-actual-content'.

Oops. I meant to be less sarcastic and cynical about all things WG.

I've obviously failed.

Not to worry. In less than a month this actual new content will be shelved for eleven months, or possibly never see the light of day again. 

We'll be able to go back to our regular fun.

-Said fun, and how to have it to be solely defined by WG, of course.

Be sure to play it the way you are supposed to; with premium time, lots of flags and new premium boats. 

But don't bring any non-russian premiums to CB, unless you are just a masochist or a sandbagger.

And whatever you do, don't division with or dare coordinate with others, that just ruins everything WG has worked towards. (which is apparently, maximizing chaos)

Oh, there I go being negative again.

It certainly can't be because I'd like to see things improve. (because no one at WG can look at anything critical without assuming it's a deeply personal attack & getting their knickers twisted).

Well, there's always next time.

Right?

I'm with you !  

Sign in to follow this