Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ArcherDude

Moving Warships to a new PC

7 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

80
[GLF]
Beta Testers
775 posts

Not sure if this belongs here or not.

Getting a new PC and I was wondering if I can transfer Warships to a Flash Drive (Thumb), and then transfer the game to the new PC?

Also, the new PC has dual Hard drives...HHD (or is it HDD?) and SSD....For Warships, does it matter with drive I put it on. Don't want to clutter up the SSD because Star Citizen (Open Alpha) requires SSD and I'm not sure how much SC with need to run

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,187
[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,236 posts
4,354 battles

Probably easiest to reinstall on the new PC. That way you know all the files are set up properly. Technically you should be able to transfer the game files, but IMO it's just better to reinstall.

On the drives, WOWS loads into battle a good bit faster on a SSD. I think moving around the port UI is also better on an SSD. It's perfectly workable on an HDD (it's what I use) but there's definitely a difference in performance on the SSD. If you have the space I absolutely recommend putting WOWS on the SSD.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,097
[WORX]
Members
14,299 posts
20,867 battles
13 minutes ago, ArcherDude said:

Not sure if this belongs here or not.

Getting a new PC and I was wondering if I can transfer Warships to a Flash Drive (Thumb), and then transfer the game to the new PC?

Also, the new PC has dual Hard drives...HHD (or is it HDD?) and SSD....For Warships, does it matter with drive I put it on. Don't want to clutter up the SSD because Star Citizen (Open Alpha) requires SSD and I'm not sure how much SC with need to run

Mind my confusion, but why not DL it to the new PC without using the thumb drive?

Your progress dont change just because its a new PC>..


IMO, in your case... Dont install WOWS on the SSD... The improvement do not give you any advantage what so ever (RAM works better).

Use the SSD priority space for matters that are heavy load on the HD or needing/requiring faster load reading, writing out of certain programs.

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
80
[GLF]
Beta Testers
775 posts
4 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

IMO, in your case... Dont install WOWS on the SSD... The improvement do not give you any advantage what so ever (RAM works better).

Use the SSD space for matters that are heavy load on the HD or needing faster load reading, writing out of certain programs.

Yeah, that what I was kind of thinking...not sure how much SSD Star Citizen will need

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,139
[USCC]
Members
3,586 posts
16,649 battles
14 minutes ago, ArcherDude said:

Getting a new PC and I was wondering if I can transfer Warships to a Flash Drive (Thumb), and then transfer the game to the new PC?

Yes you can, I myself have done it a few times,
My work Internet connection is so much faster than my home connection used to be, I'd download a fresh install, then copy it t a thumb drive and move it to my home PC, always worked fine, never an issue.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
80
[GLF]
Beta Testers
775 posts
3 minutes ago, SpudZero said:

Yes you can, I myself have done it a few times,

Maybe I'll give it a try...if I have problems, I can always do a fresh install

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×