You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CaptainPhenomen

Game freezes all the time

26 comments in this topic

[LANCE]
Members
10 posts
5,066 battles

Hey guys.... after the last update my game started to freeze all of a sudden for 3, 5, 10, 30 seconds, then returns to normal just to freez again.... then play normal for 5 min maybe and freezes again... there is almost never lag, sometimes it goes up to 160 (not big deal anyway). Can't be playing like that....  sometimes it even crashes and I have to restart it.

any suggestions?

Cheers.

[LANCE]
Members
10 posts
5,066 battles

I can't play like this.... it does SO often !!! Just freezes for long time, or disconnects, or crashes completely.... it's awful.

All of these started after the last update. I ran check and repair option but it didn't work.

[MR-1]
[MR-1]
Members
1,441 posts
20,410 battles

since they forced us to use there game centre and got rid of the old loader this has been happening to me .  with the old loader  it never happened . i blame the game centre   and think its being used as a gateway for disrupting  the game 

[WORX]
Members
11,417 posts
19,183 battles
5 hours ago, CaptainPhenomen said:

Hey guys.... after the last update my game started to freeze all of a sudden for 3, 5, 10, 30 seconds, then returns to normal just to freez again.... then play normal for 5 min maybe and freezes again... there is almost never lag, sometimes it goes up to 160 (not big deal anyway). Can't be playing like that....  sometimes it even crashes and I have to restart it.

any suggestions?

Cheers.

Freezes and crashes are normally a reminder to update some drivers.

Start there first.

[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
871 posts
13,407 battles
1 hour ago, Gaelic_knight said:

since they forced us to use there game centre and got rid of the old loader this has been happening to me .  with the old loader  it never happened . i blame the game centre   and think its being used as a gateway for disrupting  the game 

Once the game is loaded, Alt+Tab out and kill Game center.

[LANCE]
Members
10 posts
5,066 battles

Drivers are up to date 100%, this started happening after the last update (0.9.10)...

2 hours ago, Elessar_warrior said:

Same here. One guy in eu forum made a video of this issue.
WOWS: wigging out on memory problems? - YouTube

I haven't had that shooting through island issue but I had the same bugged sound like shells passing by as it happened to this guy.

Sometimes engine and stearing indicators change colors, or the background in campains takes like 4 min to load (and other icons). Unfortunately this video didn't show the problem I have, about game freezing and unfreezing randomly, for a couple of seconds or even a minute.

This last patch has been a real pain in the rear end.....

[13TH]
[13TH]
Members
4 posts
5,987 battles

Same here.  Freezes one or twice a game for 20-30 seconds, then "fast forwards" to catch up.  Kicked out twice.

• Cool 1

[LANCE]
Members
10 posts
5,066 battles
1 hour ago, FreakinYoda said:

Same here.  Freezes one or twice a game for 20-30 seconds, then "fast forwards" to catch up.  Kicked out twice.

Yes !! Finally someone with the same issue hahaha Now I don't look that crazy haha I have matches where it happens 15 times in a match, almost unplayable

[WORX]
Members
11,417 posts
19,183 battles
7 hours ago, CaptainPhenomen said:

Yes !! Finally someone with the same issue hahaha Now I don't look that crazy haha I have matches where it happens 15 times in a match, almost unplayable

No one is saying your crazy... Basic troubleshooting  start with your drivers (especially when

1. if you're freezing AND
  2. It started in the recent update.)

Unfortunately, updated drivers %100 is not a concrete answer to reach a fault or to rule out the drivers fault.

What process did you use to update your drivers ?

[WORX]
Members
11,417 posts
19,183 battles
13 hours ago, Elessar_warrior said:

Same here. One guy in eu forum made a video of this issue.
WOWS: wigging out on memory problems? - YouTube

Inform the guy to run the game with the "safe mode" option of his game client...

I dont think its the client it self but it can be a graphical mod issue...

Members
11 posts
2,053 battles

I have been arguing with support for two weeks.  it only started two patches ago.  I maintain they broke something.  They made me run diagnostic after diagnostic which showed my computer is perfectly maintained and all drives are up to  date (I could have told them that as I need this for my CADD business) now they have escalated it.  I doubt anything will come of it.  but I really think wargaming is trying to do too much.  That last sound and graphics update f%ck something up and they wont admit it.  I think they are running around like headless chickens trying to figure out what the devs did. 

• Cool 1

[WG]
Administrator, Developers
1,752 posts
10,364 battles
1 hour ago, Krombopolos_Michael said:

I have been arguing with support for two weeks.  it only started two patches ago.  I maintain they broke something.  They made me run diagnostic after diagnostic which showed my computer is perfectly maintained and all drives are up to  date (I could have told them that as I need this for my CADD business) now they have escalated it.  I doubt anything will come of it.  but I really think wargaming is trying to do too much.  That last sound and graphics update f%ck something up and they wont admit it.  I think they are running around like headless chickens trying to figure out what the devs did. 

Do you have a ticket number? I can take a look and see what's going on.

#anchorsaweigh

[77ARC]
Beta Testers
254 posts

Haven't noticed any freeze, stutter, or lags with the last few updates on my NVME SSD equipped gaming machine.  Still running along at 120 FPS on a 34" Ultrawide monitor.

I did have a machine at one time that finally reached it's "Tipping Point" and could no longer keep up with the increased demands from games being updated with better graphics and performance.  It was gracefully retired from gaming duty and left to browsing and drawing pretty pictures.

[R_N]
Supertester
149 posts
9,594 battles

Same issue.

System is current with all updates from OS to WGC and have ran both "Check and Repair" and the "WGCheck" of my NA game.

The issue is after loading into battle and around the two min. point in the battle or just as the first enemy ships begin to be detected; my normal ping of 32 to 35 will become a -35 for about 5-10 seconds and then will either jump up to around 400 though 1200 for 2 to 5 seconds and will either return to my normal ping of 32 to 35 or I get disconnected from the battle server and taken to the Login screen where I have to re-connect. This has been taking place since the update to 0.9.10 and happens ever single Random battle I play from 2 to 3 times per battle.

NOTE: Support Ticket ID 127457670: Game client is crashing

WoWS_report.wgc

Edited by Elder_Lee
  • Cool 1

[NH]
Members
196 posts
5,743 battles

Just started happening to me again, I think that last mini-patch re-introduced the issue. Wish we could go 2 patches without this freezing issue.

Members
1 post
1,508 battles

Exact same issues I am having...play for a couple of minutes and the game shuts the entire computer down....one or two players, might be an upgrade issue. The amount of players  that have the same issue...is indicative of a program bug....all the dodging and side stepping by the tech division is not going to make the problem go away...consider fixing the issue. 

[WG]
1,752 posts
10,364 battles
On 11/12/2020 at 2:57 PM, Taregant said:

Just started happening to me again, I think that last mini-patch re-introduced the issue. Wish we could go 2 patches without this freezing issue.

1 hour ago, Armegaddon said:

Exact same issues I am having...play for a couple of minutes and the game shuts the entire computer down....one or two players, might be an upgrade issue. The amount of players  that have the same issue...is indicative of a program bug....all the dodging and side stepping by the tech division is not going to make the problem go away...consider fixing the issue. 

Please forward a WGcheck report to the Support team so they can take a dive into what's going on.

#anchorsaweigh

[GWG]
Members
7,216 posts
13,990 battles

I'm seeing a lot of INCOMING Internet activity hitting my main router here -- right when these lockup-s occur.  They are focused and only last about 10 seconds.

These are NOT coming from the server.

This is a DOS (Denial of Service) attack from an outside source that is attempting a peer-to-peer connection.  I now have this shut off in my router, but the attempts keep coming.
And these are coming in from random ISP locations -  different every time.

From the game perspective, it shows up as a loss of Internet - which the error recovery COULD give better indication of -- instead of INTENTIONALLY HIDING IT when looking at a replay.

It looks like the problem is some entity who wants to cause problems (maybe hate, maybe vandalism, maybe competition, maybe blackmail) to WG.  It wouldn't take a great investment.

What can WG do ??    How about switching on the 'ping' duration in the replays.  That's been something WG has been ignoring for -- ever.
How about a 'LOSS OF INTERNET' message when terminating the session for this reason...   Locking up the screen shows very poor programming and error recovery...   Please do better.

Other possibilities include 'DISK DRIVE BUSY' or 'OUT OF MEMORY'..   
Sometimes Windows Defender becomes a memory hog and sucks up 3.8G of ram.  I caught that a few times..  This was related to successful DOS attacks that got in.  Defender reacted.
Other non-belligerent  situations are 'Updates' that snag all your systems resources because.. they can.  Anti-virus and Adobe programs are infamous for that.  Put Windows and Office updates to 'Manual'.

[WOSDS]
[WOSDS]
Members
111 posts
14,254 battles

Yep mine started last patch as well, play normally then get intermittent stoppages some lasting a couple of seconds. Not continuously but often enough to annoy.

[WG]
1,752 posts
10,364 battles
15 minutes ago, Anderson_de_Jesus_hero said:

Good afternoon friends, I am this problem. Everything is updated, including the drivers. When it doesn't freeze at the opening, it freezes on the port screen.
I haven't been able to play for two days.

20201214_161315.jpg

Can you create a WGcheck report and open a support ticket?

Please include the report in the ticket and describe how to recreate the problem step by step.

#anchorsaweigh